Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hits and Misses of 2024
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
One of the trailers before the movie looked pretty good. A horror film called "Sting". That's the name of the big spider that's crawling around eating people. Probably low budget, so it almost certainly will be a hit.

Posts: 10429 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Definitely going to see "Abigail" sometime in the next couple of weeks. Swapped out seeing "The Fall Guy" for what everybody already knows is a horror-comedy starring a pre-teen vampire.

This idea was already done in both "Interview with the Vampire" and "Let the Right One In", but they were deathly serious in their vampires. "Abigail" likes to play with her food. Big Grin

Posts: 10429 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Watched Late Night with the Devil. I give it some originality points....actually enjoyed watching it.

Posts: 4871 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So far for the year only 4 films have passed the 100 M mark domestically (Dune, Kung Fu Panda, Godzilla vs. Kong and Ghostbusters) and the last one only barely. Only Dune has passed 200 M. It is up to almost 280 M as we speak.

Wonder if there will be less hits in 2024 ?

Last year 25 films grossed more than 100 M and 8 of them passed 200 M.

We will see.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Posts: 4018 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
They gave Bob Marley a push on 4/20, but it couldn't quite get there, mon.

Of the upcoming slate, Deadpool is guaranteed as is Joker 2
Beetlejuice 2, maybe?
Fall Guy, perhaps, if Gosling can marshal that lingering Barbie buzz.
Wicked Part 1 (based on the popular musical)
Bad Boys sequel from Will Smith/Martin Lawrence

Other possibilites, if guys who've had big hits before can again capture lightning in a bottle again:
IF by John Krasinski
Trap by Shyamalan
Untitled Jordan Peele (presumably horror) movie

Sequels/Prequels:
A Quiet Place Day One
Despicable Me 4
Twisters
Tranformers
Alien
Mufasa: The Lion King
Gladiator 2

Monster Movie remakes:
Wolfman
Nosferatu

It's not announced, but maybe Taylor Swift will put out another concert movie this year. Her tour resumes pretty soon and now she has 30 new songs to play.

Posts: 3332 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga
Borderlands

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
They gave Bob Marley a push on 4/20, but it couldn't quite get there, mon.

Just tired of every Rock n Roll Biopic having the same sanitary and imaginary story. Give us their real lives and make it interesting.

Posts: 4871 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So I got to see "Abigail" today and, while I thought it good at times, I would have to say that it's not something you couldn't enjoy just as much at home. Because the trailer already gives away the big revelation going in, you have to settle for smaller surprises along the way. Some don't work, plus a fair amount of setup time is wasted in the beginning before we get to what we already know going in. From there things move fast because it's not like there is a large cast here to run through. The ending hit as much of a peak as you could expect.

So it's meant to be gory and funny, and the parts are better than the whole sum. This is one of those movies that I can say I kind of liked, while still feeling that it could of or should of been better.

I will say that normally I do not take to films with child actors in lead roles, but Alisha Weir did a good job of playing both the innocent and the you know what. She made it look like Abigail was enjoying herself and that was half the battle. Big Grin