Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hits and Misses of 2024
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Enough time has passed for everyone to forget about how bad "Beverly Hills Cop 3" turned out. ...

I have not forgot how bad "Beverly Hills Cop 3" was, it is one of the very worst films I have seen.

Posts: 1120 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Apparently no "big" movies being released this weekend.

Coming in June:

BAD BOYS 4 (Will Smith)
INSIDE OUT 2
A QUIET PLACE: DAY ONE

I can't recall a summer this low key since the 1990s.

Posts: 4052 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I remember not much happening in '97 and then "Austin Powers" came out. It was a funny spy spoof that stood out.

Posts: 4457 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Really horrible weekend at the box office with Garfield making an additional 13 M and Mad Max about 11 M. The latter cost almost 170 M to make

Posts: 4052 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Cinema is so dead. Deadpool and Wolverine will do well simply because people want to see Wolverine in the MCU.

I haven't watched gone out to watch a movie in over a year. Why bother when you can wait a month and it is on some streaming service?

Posts: 1228 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
For anyone needing a "big shark eats people" movie this summer and Meg 3 hasn't been made yet, tune into Netflix's new #1 entry "Under Paris".

Now I did not find it as good as some reviews seem to imply, not one of the best shark movies ever, but it's entertaining enough for the runtime. Lots of floating body parts and the most rewarding character is the girl who will kind of remind you of Greta Thunberg. Things don't turn out too well for Faux Thunberg. Big Grin

The actual plot could have been a bit more logical of course, but the French actors, none of whom I really know, have a nice chemistry together and you will finish it if you are inclined to put it on. This sort of stuff is why streaming will win.

Posts: 10510 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Godzilla Minus One also just showed up on Netflix. Maybe we should start a thread just for films released for streaming.

I liked it, but it was really more of a war/family drama and Godzilla was kind of a prop to pull everyone together. I'm happy I didn't go to the theatre to see it, even though the visuals would have had more weight. The Godzilla design looked less impressive than the rival Godzilla to me. Of course, this film cost a lot less and still had good enough effects.

It was the personal story that was most compelling here. Also, the version I saw was dubbed fairly well and only sub-titles were available when it first came out. It's worth a watch for the acting and story even if you aren't into Godzilla.

Posts: 10510 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I guess audiences are easing up on Will Smith as Bad Boys 4 hits $56M for the weekend.

Looks like IF should hit the $100M mark.

Posts: 4933 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Ok I know I said Fall Guy was probably a good movie....I lied. I always make fun of how Hollywood fails to depict any career field correctly. Fall Guy fails to even remotely depict Hollywood in any realistic frame of reference. It would have been much better if it did.

Also watched Boy Kills World....AMAZING!! Imagine an ultra violent dystopian world narrated by ARCHER.

Posts: 4933 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Planet of the Apes has passed the 150 M mark domestically. Bad Boys is likely to be only the 6th film to make it to 100 M in the days ahead.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
IF is going to cross that line this weekend as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Planet of the Apes has passed the 150 M mark domestically. Bad Boys is likely to be only the 6th film to make it to 100 M in the days ahead.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Inside Out 2 grossed 155 M domestically this weekend, the biggest 3 day opening since Barbie last summer. This was the first film of 2024 to open at more than 100 M

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
And just like that 3 films cross the $100M mark.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I think Inside Out 2 found our missing movie audience.

The Bikeriders looks interesting but not worth a trip to the theater.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Inside Out 2 just passed Dune to become the #1 film of the year domestically. It will pass 300 M in another day or so