Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 72
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Been on the road today....just finding out. Remember how happy I was when he signed for the Outer Limits set.

Posts: 4867 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actor Richard Roundtree, the original Shaft, has died at age 81.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
He was a bad mother...
(Don't say it!)
I'm just talkin' 'bout Shaft.
(And we can dig it!)

Rest in peace, Richard Roundtree.

Posts: 3330 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You must remember when Bart Simpson sang the "Shaft" theme with help from Lisa at karaoke.

Roundtree had a cameo at the end of the 2000 version with Samuel Jackson. It was great.

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
He was a bad mother...
(Don't say it!)
I'm just talkin' 'bout Shaft.
(And we can dig it!)

Rest in peace, Richard Roundtree.

Posts: 4410 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4867 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
RIP Richard Moll, age 80.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Matthew Perry of friends was found dead in his hot tub.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Now that's a real shocker. I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't one of those fake death notices. The news just broke and not much is known yet, but Perry hit rock bottom many years back and was by his own admission in very bad shape before he got clean. Who knows how much permanent damage he did to his health. It may have just caught up to him or it could be something he did again now. A little hard to have an accident in a hot tub, but possible I guess.

Hardly matters whether it's bad luck or bad decisions, same result. He became the only one of the six "Friends" who couldn't function and really destroyed his career, but I would imagine that he still got pretty hefty residuals and did write a book. It looked like he at least saved his life, so that just makes it seem all the more unfair. Waiting on more details and I hope it was not connected to a relapse.

I'm sure we will get tons of tributes from everyone who probably lost his phone number long ago. RIP Chandler Bing.

Posts: 10423 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It feels so odd that so many of these 1990s stars have passed in recent years. It doesn't seem that long ago. It is also depressing that many are now bashing the TV show Friends, including the writers and producers themselves, saying that the show was offensive. Who would have thought ?

Posts: 4014 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
It feels so odd that so many of these 1990s stars have passed in recent years. It doesn't seem that long ago. It is also depressing that many are now bashing the TV show Friends, including the writers and producers themselves, saying that the show was offensive. Who would have thought ?

Totally off topic, but yes, so many super popular entertainment shows from the 70s, 80s, and even 90s are now deemed offensive by today's ultra-sensitive standards and over victimized audiences.

Which I wouldn't mind, except that I find what is on TV, on podcasts and in movies now is intentionally offensive, but in a socially accepted form. If I'm not explaining that well, take a look at all those Bachelor, Bachelorette, Golden Bachelor, Bachelor in Paradise, Big Brother "games", or any well-known scripted "reality" TV show.

Who are these people, and does it get any more offensive than fake sentiment mixed with utter stupidity as role models? I would gladly take "Friends" over them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10423 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I never thought I'd see the day where shows like Seinfeld and Friends would be deemed unacceptable. Even "Sex and the City" is being criticized. I won't get into the reasons why, but you can figure it out. I have nothing further to say on the topic.

Posts: 4014 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw part of a "Big Brother" episode last week and don't get the allure. It's boring - uninteresting people uttering mindless dialogue in artificial situations. It reminds me of semi-skilled actors improvising and maybe that's what we're looking at.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

Totally off topic, but yes, so many super popular entertainment shows from the 70s, 80s, and even 90s are now deemed offensive by today's ultra-sensitive standards and over victimized audiences.

Which I wouldn't mind, except that I find what is on TV, on podcasts and in movies now is intentionally offensive, but in a socially accepted form. If I'm not explaining that well, take a look at all those Bachelor, Bachelorette, Golden Bachelor, Bachelor in Paradise, Big Brother "games", or any well-known scripted "reality" TV show.

Who are these people, and does it get any more offensive than fake sentiment mixed with utter stupidity as role models? I would gladly take "Friends" over them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4410 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
RIP Astronaut Frank Borman, age 95.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter has died, age 96. She and Jimmy had been married for 77 years. RIP

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actor Joss Ackland, age 95, has passed away.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger died today, age 100.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor died today. She was 93.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The political figures are bunching up in the obituaries now like actors usually do. Somewhere they are taking bets and that's not meant to be funny.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember him best from "The Hunt for Red October" and then "Lethal Weapon 2."

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Actor Joss Ackland, age 95, has passed away.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post