Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obituaries
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Lois Maxwell passed away in 2007 at the age of 80. She had moved to Australia in 2001. So it would have been possible for her to sign in a few early RA Bond sets, but RA may have been certifying them differently back then and I guess she either wouldn't or couldn't participant. She was a friend of Roger Moore.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Kenneth Mitchell has passed away at the young age of 49 from the terrible ALS. He appeared in small roles in several TV shows and movies that we see, Star Trek Discovery, Grimm, NCIS, ST Lower Decks, Castle, Jericho, Captain Marvel, among others. It's a long list of short gigs.

Not sure about other card titles, but I know he had an autograph card in Grimm.

ALS, or as its more commonly called Lou Gehrig Disease, is something that modern medicine hasn't been able to touch, and it isn't as rare as people seem to think it is. Like MS and Parkinsons, which generally take longer to kill someone, there is neither prevention nor cure. Researchers should be looking at eliminating these types of diseases before cloning and living on Mars. Just my opinion.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Another supporting actor in titles we know, Chris Gauthier has passed away. He was only 48, but no cause of death mentioned except that it was sudden. He appeared in Eureka, Once Upon a Time, Smallville, Sanctuary, Charmed, among other TV gigs.

I know he had at least one signed card in Eureka because I pulled it and he had added a silly face drawing along with his autograph. Always appreciated a personal touch when they don't have to take the time.

On the heels of Mitchell this is pretty sad for actors with somewhat similar careers.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Comedian Richard Lewis has died at 76.

Posts: 4009 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Steve Lawrence has passed away at 88. I do remember that he and his wife Eydie Gorme used to do an act and were often on TV, but she died in 2013. Like Tony Bennett, Lawrence also had Alzheimer's in his final years. It's such a shame to think of these talented people who had such great careers and are robbed of all their memories.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Former Senator Joe Lieberman passed away suddenly at 82 from a fall. He did a ton of political talk shows and was still involved with elections in his support of "No Labels".

Whether you agreed with his positions or not, he managed to have no scandals and maintained his integrity throughout his career. A rare thing for most politicians these days. RIP Sir.

I hate these complications from a fall deaths. The cases I know of personally have mainly involved people taking the big blood thinners and you wonder what's worse. Shake Head