Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obituaries
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Lois Maxwell passed away in 2007 at the age of 80. She had moved to Australia in 2001. So it would have been possible for her to sign in a few early RA Bond sets, but RA may have been certifying them differently back then and I guess she either wouldn't or couldn't participant. She was a friend of Roger Moore.

Posts: 10528 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Kenneth Mitchell has passed away at the young age of 49 from the terrible ALS. He appeared in small roles in several TV shows and movies that we see, Star Trek Discovery, Grimm, NCIS, ST Lower Decks, Castle, Jericho, Captain Marvel, among others. It's a long list of short gigs.

Not sure about other card titles, but I know he had an autograph card in Grimm.

ALS, or as its more commonly called Lou Gehrig Disease, is something that modern medicine hasn't been able to touch, and it isn't as rare as people seem to think it is. Like MS and Parkinsons, which generally take longer to kill someone, there is neither prevention nor cure. Researchers should be looking at eliminating these types of diseases before cloning and living on Mars. Just my opinion.

Posts: 10528 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Another supporting actor in titles we know, Chris Gauthier has passed away. He was only 48, but no cause of death mentioned except that it was sudden. He appeared in Eureka, Once Upon a Time, Smallville, Sanctuary, Charmed, among other TV gigs.

I know he had at least one signed card in Eureka because I pulled it and he had added a silly face drawing along with his autograph. Always appreciated a personal touch when they don't have to take the time.

On the heels of Mitchell this is pretty sad for actors with somewhat similar careers.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Comedian Richard Lewis has died at 76.

Posts: 4084 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Steve Lawrence has passed away at 88. I do remember that he and his wife Eydie Gorme used to do an act and were often on TV, but she died in 2013. Like Tony Bennett, Lawrence also had Alzheimer's in his final years. It's such a shame to think of these talented people who had such great careers and are robbed of all their memories.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Former Senator Joe Lieberman passed away suddenly at 82 from a fall. He did a ton of political talk shows and was still involved with elections in his support of "No Labels".

Whether you agreed with his positions or not, he managed to have no scandals and maintained his integrity throughout his career. A rare thing for most politicians these days. RIP Sir.

I hate these complications from a fall deaths. The cases I know of personally have mainly involved people taking the big blood thinners and you wonder what's worse. Shake Head

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Roger Corman died, age 98. While many of the movies he made are of little interest today, the movies made by those he mentored are a major part of the history of cinema of the past 50 years -- think Ron Howard, Jonathan Demme, James Cameron, Francis Coppola, Joe Dante, Martin Scorsese.

As far as I can tell, he never appeared on a card. But he should have.

Posts: 2261 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Lost Susan yesterday. Was fortunate enough to meet her a few times at conventions. Sadly JAWS never got a card set.

Posts: 4947 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He made so many movies and had so many made. I liked "Eat My Dust," a simple car chase movie that helped start up a genre (Gumball Rally, Smokey and the Bandit, etc.). I still have it on DVD somewhere.

I've been meaning to watch "Pirahna" again too - haven't seen it in years.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Roger Corman died, age 98. While many of the movies he made are of little interest today, the movies made by those he mentored are a major part of the history of cinema of the past 50 years -- think Ron Howard, Jonathan Demme, James Cameron, Francis Coppola, Joe Dante, Martin Scorsese.

As far as I can tell, he never appeared on a card. But he should have.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4513 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Roger Corman film I always enjoy rewatching is 'The Raven' with Vincent Price, Boris Karloff, Peter Lorre and an early appearance from Jack Nicholson. It always brings a smile to my face Smile

Posts: 1537 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Corman was involved in so many "B" movies as either producer, director, or both. He had a training ground for young film makers.

Not mentioned yet, the extremely creepy "X - The Man with the X-Ray Eyes". If you ever saw it, you'll remember that ending. Eek

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Dabney Coleman has passed away at 92. He had a long and memorable acting career. Many people regard him as a comedic actor because of popular stuff like "9 to 5" and "Tootsie", but he did just as many dramatic roles. I always liked him in most any part and I especially remember him in "Wargames". His final appearance was in "Yellowstone" just a few years ago. Another one that won't come again.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Charlie Colin, founding member/bass player of rock band, Train, passed away earlier this month. He slipped in the shower - bad luck. I didn't hear about his death on the national news though the band has had a couple of hits. Train started out in San Francisco and is still performing so it was big news here in the SF Bay Area. I couldn't find a Train trading card but there might be one in one of those more recent rock group card sets.

Posts: 4513 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Donald Sutherland dead at 88. Frown

Posts: 29027 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Donald Sutherland dead at 88. Frown
I just read about this over on the BBC News website. Another one of the all time greats is no longer with us Frown

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c9rrvdq3g9zo

Posts: 1537 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actress Shelley Duvall (The Shining, Popeye) has died at 75.

Posts: 4084 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Exercise guru Richard Simmons has died at 76

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Shannon Doherty has died aged just 53.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cxx2rj467npo

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
When I was an awful lot younger, I used to be a devoted snooker fan. Back then, it was populated with great players who also had great personalities. So I was really sorry to read on the BBC website that one of the all-time greats from those days is no longer with us. Ray Rearden has passed away at the age of 91 Frown

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sn...rticles/cjewjqnqwv4o

Interesting to read in the article how much harder they had to work to become a World Champion back then. In 1970, Ray Reardon won by beating John Pulman 39 frames to 34. These days, the World Snooker Championship final is only the best of 35 frames !!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevin F,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Duke Fakir, the last original member of The Four Tops, has passed at 88.