Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Cards that have significantly increased in value.
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cards that have significantly increased in value.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/27586...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Didn't realize that the demand for Chunk had gone up so much.

Holy moly! I'm glad I picked one up when I did for like $25. I think I'm only 1 or 2 cards short of this auto set, haven't checked it in a while.

Posts: 1570 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
My Lawrence Gilliard Jr. auto card collection is slowly rising.

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon: (Dec 2021)
Jonathan Davis (Korn lead singer) Fans of the Game autograph sold for $127.50 (175060799211). This was a $15-30 autograph for a very long time.

Haven't seen one of these in a minute -- although I also haven't been looking. . .

One recently sold for just over $150 shipped.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bam Margera Pop Century autographs have been rising. One sold yesterday for $86.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Michael Pena Ant Man autograph sold for $173. These don't seem to come up for sale often at all anymore.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by webjon (4/13/2022):
Spongebob Paul T sketch $550:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Not sure if this is related to being graded -- I don't see any others for sale or any recent sales.

Sponge Bob sketch sold for a Best Offer of $395 -- sold VERY fast.
May have gone higher if they waited.

Another Spongebob Sketch 115360100344 -- this one brought $900. It was graded a BGS 9.0 -- I have no idea if that plays in to the pricing. The interesting thing about these Spongebob sketches is that they are all basically the same.

Another Spongebob sketch sold at auction today -- this one for $690.

posted Hide Post
Ken Kelly 2 case topper Sketch Art Card sold for $310. Standard barbarian running sketch.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Ken Kelly 2 case topper Sketch Art Card sold for $310. Standard barbarian running sketch.

I was looking at Terapeak after this sale and see that just 2 weeks ago a lot of 6 of these sold in a BIN/BO auction for $265 -- wish I would have seen that.

posted Hide Post
Same seller also auctioned a 1991 Jim Lee Art of X-Men autograph that sold for $256.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The regular chase cards, particularly the 18 card lenticular set, from 2009 Complete Twilight Zone seem to have taken a pretty nice jump in value.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.htm...Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

I remember these were highly condition sensitive straight from the pack in that the backing material was subject to chipping on the edges.
I got one case of that set, and I remember actually sending some of the lenticulars back to Rittenhouse for replacement, not something I would normally do, but they were that damaged.

Might be time to take a look at those for the first time in 10 years or so to see what I ended up with! Hopefully, I have some doubles and didn't sell them for a couple of bucks back then.

Posts: 3327 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Star Wars Finest 2016 refractors are selling for stupid money. My encyclopaedia of non sport and entertainment trading cards has them at $7 each.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Angourie Rice stars in the latest Mean Girls iteration, now out in theaters. I bought her autograph card from one of the Spiderman releases a couple of years ago for $15. Prices on ebay now range from $49-$399( Roll Eyes) . I don’t know what they’ve actually sold for, but she’s an up and comer. Buy now.

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Over the past few months, at least 4 Donald Trump Comic Images autos sold on.ebay for 2 to 4 K.

Posts: 4007 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Over the past few months, at least 4 Donald Trump Comic Images autos sold on.ebay for 2 to 4 K.

I'm not sure if anyone ever stated about how many of Trump's signed Apprentice cards were released. If they did, I can't recall it or the number. His autograph cards were a tough box pull in an otherwise very poor product.

I would imagine that by now anyone who had them either held on because they are a big supporter or sold them for profit. There have been numerous opportunities when it was good times for people to sell, then a lull, and now a big surge again.

If people are willing to buy those dumb NFTs he is/was peddling, his Apprentice autograph cards should look like gold. Depending on what happens between now and November, I see no reason why his Comic Images signature cards can't get to 5 figures, especially if they are graded. Those cards were cheaply made and not great on condition, so high grade examples could be pretty rare.

Trump also signed some in other products, like for Leaf, and no reason for those cards not to catch the rising tide either.

Posts: 10401 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think someone surmised here on the board awhile back that about 500 of the DT autos may have been made.

I was a fan of the Apprentice show back in the 2000s and in 2005 I picked up the master set, including ALL of the autos and the Trump tie cards for a mere $ 75. Smile

Posts: 4007 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I can come pretty close to you. I looked back on my list. I didn't do a master set, but I picked up 6 Apprentice autograph cards, including 1 of the Trumps, and his blue tie card in January 2007 off eBay. Grand total, $68.94, not counting shipping of course. Big Grin One Trump signature card cost $39.99 and the tie $7.99.

Those cards were garbage for a long time, but now you probably couldn't find a sealed box, they were all busted.

Your master would have had both Trump autograph cards and both his Tie cards. The question is, did you keep it, or did you cash in? Either answer is good. Smile

Posts: 10401 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, my master set has them all. And I still have it. But I don't know where in my house. I haven't looked at it in many years. But it's still there, somewhere.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Congrats to that. You might want to pin down the location. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Jeff Smith Bone Sketch card $621.77

Item: 116080034060

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Here's one I got when it first came out and really didn't pay much attention to since.

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post