Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Cards that have significantly increased in value.
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cards that have significantly increased in value.
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
2010 Upper Deck Marvel Iron Man 2 Auto Jon Favreau #A1 -- 235491690204

$306

Last time I watched these they were selling for $200.

Posts: 5422 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jennifer Love Hewitt Goodwin Champions Auto -- 305489165385 -- $245.

I believe that's the most this autograph ever sold for. One sold in January for $175.

Hayley Atwell Agent Carter SSR-HA autograph sold for $305. 235493225167

This is the horizontal card with the black and white photo. I thought this price was insane as the last time I paid attention to these they were selling for about $150, and since then there have been a PILE of Atwell autographs released in other Marvel sets as well as various Leaf sets. Then I checked on Terapeak and see one of these sold last month for $405.

Posts: 5422 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
2010 Upper Deck Marvel Iron Man 2 Auto Jon Favreau #A1 -- 235491690204

$306

Last time I watched these they were selling for $200.

I'm so mad at myself for not picking this up when it was less than $20.

Posts: 1573 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

Why? At the time you didn't think it was worth $20. It's certainly not worth $300 now. Big Grin

What I mean is, the only valid reason for regret at not buying a card would be if you missed out on selling it for a good profit. That's about business, not card collecting. I have passed on so many autograph cards because I thought they cost too much, only to see some of them triple in price. So what? They weren't worth it then; I have no idea who thinks they're worth it now.

Everybody wants a good collection and it's nice to have cards that increase in value, but that increase is only on paper until you let go of the cards. But then you don't have the collection. Wink

Posts: 10426 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I think the increase is a result of Favreau's current popularity in the Star Wars universe given his creation of "The Mandalorian" TV series and his directing the highly anticipated upcoming movie spin-off of it.

I held both Favreaus (from Iron Man 1 & 2) from boxes I got when the both sets were new until a little over 3 years ago when I saw they'd greatly increased in value, so I sold them, one after another. I got a little under $300 combined, so I actually should have kept them a little longer.

Still, not bad considering the Iron Man 1 version came from a full case that also had the Robert Downey Jr. and the IM2 one came from a $40 box that would've also held a couple of decent sketch cards.

"Iron Man" kicked off the MCU in a big way, and "Mandalorian" is rightfully well-received, but the reason I held the autographs as long as I did was because I dug him in "Swingers". Turns out he was money, baby.

Posts: 3332 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Downey Jr as Iron Man sold for $4999 (364808644748) -- I think that is in line with previous sales.

Hugh Jackman as Wolverine (235493233607) $1450. I haven't watched this one recently, but my last notes from a couple of years ago were at $750.

Favreau, Downey Jr, and Jackman have all signed for relatively few Marvel sets (not sure about Star Wars), and are all from the early MCU releases that were wildly popular.

I've seen a bunch of Marvel auctions in the last couple of days. The prices in general are decent, but I'm seeing a lot more variation now with pricing differences across sets -- I.E. the Atwell auto above. Also I'm seeing some softness in autographs from people who have autographs in a ton of sets.

Jeremy Renner is a good example. In the last couple of days I've seen Renner autos sell from $57 (CAP Civil War) to $173 (Black Diamond).

Looked at completed Favreau's trying to see if he signed for Star Wars (I didn't see any), but was surprised to actually see 4 completed sales:

Iron Man 2: $306
Iron Man 3: $308
Iron Man 2: $261 (Graded PSA 8, wondering if that hurt the price).
Iron Man 2: $422

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For some reason "Swingers" is a much better-remembered movie than "Made," which I liked a little more.

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
"Iron Man" kicked off the MCU in a big way, and "Mandalorian" is rightfully well-received, but the reason I held the autographs as long as I did was because I dug him in "Swingers". Turns out he was money, baby.

Posts: 4415 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you can drive yourself crazy thinking about what you passed up on. Maybe 25 years ago, I was offered a Biosphere sell sheet with promos still rubber-cemented to it for $15 in a local shop. For whatever reason, I passed. I guess it wasn't a priority at the time. Now, it would've been nice to have that even just as a partial set.

I try to think about the cards I did pick up at a great price and still have. But yeah, damn.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

Why? At the time you didn't think it was worth $20. It's certainly not worth $300 now. Big Grin

What I mean is, the only valid reason for regret at not buying a card would be if you missed out on selling it for a good profit. That's about business, not card collecting. I have passed on so many autograph cards because I thought they cost too much, only to see some of them triple in price. So what? They weren't worth it then; I have no idea who thinks they're worth it now.

Everybody wants a good collection and it's nice to have cards that increase in value, but that increase is only on paper until you let go of the cards. But then you don't have the collection. Wink

Posts: 4415 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

All I knew him from at the time was Iron Man. I like Iron Man enough, and thought it was cool the director signed, but I stupidly kept hoping I'd find one for $10 since it was regularly like $20. Fast-forward to now and everything he's accomplished in Star Wars... it's just the one that got away.

Posts: 1573 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2018 UD Marvel Agent Carter Griffith Hotel Guest Book Auto Hayley Atwell $247. 235493250255

Last time I looked at these Atwells they were selling for $150. One of her brand new Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness autos sold tonight for $113.

The Agent Carter autographs were ePack exclusive so I wonder if that is impacting the pricing.