Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    PCE 2008, additions, deletions and corrections
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PCE 2008, additions, deletions and corrections
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 has an entry on page 70 for a promo, "Chrissie Claus," which is numbered "#C 01" within the "Heroic Publishing" listing. The source for the card was not known at the time but it can be found in still-sealed copies of both "The Adventures of Chrissie Claus" #2 and Sportlight #0.

Posts: 4556 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
I just ordered one online of the Chrissie Claus comics, with the card sealed inside, thanks for the heads up Jess Metal

Posts: 721 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You're welcome, Adrian. Around 25 years ago, I got the Chrissie Claus card I have in a copy of "The Adventures if Chrissie Claus" #2. I used to check the bargain bins of local comic shops for sealed comics/magazines with cards and found some I didn't have - probably paid a buck or less. Those bins have been picked through many times by me and others and yet they are still full.

quote:
Originally posted by cardscout182:
I just ordered one online of the Chrissie Claus comics, with the card sealed inside, thanks for the heads up Jess Metal

Posts: 4556 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 has an entry for Blue Comet Press (9 card set) and notes that the cards were inserted with various comics. Blue Comet Press Card #1 and #2 were inserted with "The Bladesmen Super Special #0."

As noted in another thread, an 8-card uncut sheet of the 8 numbered cards also exists. The source of that ninth, unnumbered card remains a mystery. It must've been printed on a different sheet.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's that Blue Comet Press Card #2. The #1 card features front cover art of the comic and this one shows back cover art.

You can still find inexpensive sealed copies to get the cards.