Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Check your binders. . . Common cards now worth thousands.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Check your binders. . . Common cards now worth thousands.
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but apart from that "COA", the description has the authenticator as PSA. The card is not in a PSA holder or any holder that I can make out.

The seller is also offering several other signed Buffy cards for whopping amounts, but they don't appear to have a "COA", went through PSA, or were "one in a contest".

But its a good example for people to see everything that should send up red flags individually, all at once, including the fact that a high price is no more proof than a low price or a reasonable price.

Posts: 8260 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One side note about grading - and something I didn't notice much until I just checked now - the fees to get cards graded have risen dramatically over the last couple years. When I used to submit the fees were around $10-$15 a card, with a turnaround time of 20 business days. Now you're looking at $25-$35 per card at the lowest tier, with an "estimated" turnaround time of 8 months or more. That's crazy. Is this all a result of how high the grading companies are seeing their slabs sell for? Or is it because business is slow and they're struggling to stay afloat? I really have no idea. But I'm interested to see the effect it has on sale prices of graded cards - particularly the cards that aren't the heavy hitters. An '8' usually sells for the same cost, or even less, than the same card ungraded. I wonder if that's all changing now - with sellers asking for a dramatic increase for that 8 because of the cost to get it graded - and if anyone is willing to pay that markup. I guess it all depends on the card. And as stated before the card market is rising in many areas. But I would think that people will start shying away from submitting cards that aren't worth those high fees, and stick more to higher-end cards in top condition - unless they get some kind of bulk-submission price deal.

Posts: 2042 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post