Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Movies Coming (and NOT Coming) in 2024
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movies Coming (and NOT Coming) in 2024
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
According to reports, they are re-doing Highlander as a film with Henry Cavill starring.

So they've finally found a way to kill the immortal, eh?

What if they got Sean Bean to play the Highlander?

Posts: 2224 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:

Twenty years ago it would have been perfect. The man's 65. Check out "Sharpe's Rifles" instead.

Posts: 10434 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sony has delayed the release of Kraven the Hunter (Spider-Man villain) from this summer until Dec.

Posts: 4022 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:

What I meant was, "what if they got someone who dies in all of his movies to play someone who never dies?"

Posts: 2224 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
MGM has announced that there will be a live action "Masters of the Universe" (He-Man) film in 2026.

Posts: 4022 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
There already was a live action "Masters of the Universe". The new movie ideas are now down to remaking flops. Big Grin

Posts: 10434 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Read an article that for the first time in many, many years, there will be no HUGE movie opening in the U.S. on Memorial Day weekend.

In the past you had Marvel films, Indiana Jones, etc. but in 2024 most are being pushed back to June and July.

Instead they are predicting that the "biggest" film of May will be "The Fall Guy" with Ryan Gosling. (??!!??)

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Unless I am missing some on this list, summer 2024 seems to be a little light in terms of potentially "big" films. I see these.

KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES
FURIOSA (MAD MAX)
THE GARFIELD MOVIE (the cat)
BAD BOYS 4
INSIDE OUT 2
DESPICABLE ME 4
TWISTERS
DEADPOOL 3
ALIEN: ROMULUS (another Aliens film)
THE CROW (another remake)

BEVERLY HILLS COP 4 will not be in theaters but will be streaming

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
This is about a new Netflix movie called "Unfrosted", written by and starring Jerry Seinfeld, with a host of well-known actors in major roles and cameos. On Friday I heard a radio review that gave it raves and 5 stars. I like Seinfeld, so I watched it.

It is one of the worst, non-violent non-obscene, 90-minute movies I have ever seen in my life. It's not one of those so bad it's good films. It's so bad it stinks and is unwatchable after 15 minutes. But you keep watching thinking that it can't be this bad, only it really is all the way through.

The only enjoyment is in seeing how many name actors showing up in various dumb outfits and disguises you can pick out. The script is ridiculous, but the acting is beyond even calling it acting. McCarthy and Schumer have never been worse, but I expect it from them. Everyone is way over the top. To have Seinfeld come back with something like this says something terrible about his legacy. And I didn't laugh once at anything. I was just stunned that these people probably got millions of dollars to put this garbage on.

BTW, now that its being seen, its tanking on RT and I think that radio critic needs to have his head examined. Wink