Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Movies Coming (and NOT Coming) in 2024
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movies Coming (and NOT Coming) in 2024
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Beverly Hills Cop 4 is confirmed. Eddie Murphy, Judge Reinhold, Paul Reiser, John Ashton and Bronson Pinchot are set to reprise their roles and will be joined by Kevin Bacon, Taylour Paige and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Mark Molloy is set to direct.

Posts: 4006 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mission Impossible 8 has been moved from 2024 to May 2025 due the lackluster performance of # 7.

Posts: 4006 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The new Ghostbusters is coming in March.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I might be like a lot of people. I haven't seen #6 yet and am not sure that I've seen #5.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Mission Impossible 8 has been moved from 2024 to May 2025 due the lackluster performance of # 7.

Posts: 4387 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I might be like a lot of people. I haven't seen #6 yet and am not sure that I've seen #5.

quote:

I haven't seen any of them. Do I win something? Big Grin

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I think I have seen all of them except for the last one. I'm sure it is a good film but was I the only one that was simply tired of hearing about Tom Cruise after all of the Maverick success?

Is it possible that Cruise fatigue killed the Impossible Mission?

Posts: 4853 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Is it possible that Cruise fatigue killed the Impossible Mission?

Maybe, but calling #7 Dead Reckoning Part 1 would turn me off right away.

Not that I was going anyway, but I can't be the only one who hates it when the title tells you right from the start that the plot won't be resolved by the end of the film. Even if it is a franchise that you know will have a sequel, wrap up the storyline in one sitting. I'm not interested in watching half a movie and having to come back a year later to find out the ending. By that time, I've forgotten what happened or where it left off. And nobody's attention span has been improved by drawn out installments. That's why they like to binge watch.

It makes more sense for people to wait until both films are out and then stream the first one and go to the second one or wait to stream both together. I think that, and the timing of release against the other July movies, is what hurt this Mission Impossible, along with the Cruise fatigue too.

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is a new Karate Kid film coming in December with both Ralph Macchio and Jackie Chan in it.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Apparently the cast of the 3 recent Star Trek films is definitely not coming back for the fourth one. It has been confirmed by Paramount pictures.

Picture of justalion
posted Hide Post
Just read that they are doing a followup to 28 Days Later (and 28 Weeks later). Calling it 28 Years later. But I think it will be later then 2024 and may possibly be more then one film. I believe with at least some of the original writer director team. Cillian Murphy is about 28 years older so maybe??? Can we hope?

Pretty encouraging for a Zombie fan! Big Grin

Posts: 81 | Location: Pennsylvannia | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not coming in 2024 or 2025, but it is confirmed that there will be a Top Gun 3.

Posts: 4717 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can't believe that they have a "Road House" remake coming. Why re-do the 1989 original ?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't believe that they have a "Road House" remake coming. Why re-do the 1989 original ?

Because Jake Gylienhaal wanted to get ripped.

Because Conor McGregor wants to be an action star.

Because its a 35-year-old movie, heard of but maybe not seen by whatever alphabet generation we are up to.

But most importantly, because it's done by Amazon and has a waiting streaming audience of millions, which will guarantee its success before anyone decides whether it's good or bad. Wink

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
By the way the director of "Road House", Doug Liman, is having fits because he made the movie for MGM as a theatrical release. But Amazon had already bought MGM and kind of said we'll think about it.

Now he's upset because Amazon thought about it and decided they don't need movie theatres for this one. Well, who could have guessed that! Big Grin

The real problem for him and the cast is that they don't get much of a piece of a streaming hit and it's not eligible for industry awards. I thought that's what they were striking for, but you can't have it both ways.

Streaming platforms are also distributing a bunch of independent films and mini-series and limited series that wouldn't get seen, or in some cases wouldn't even get made, without their constant need for new content. Film makers are happy to get their product streaming, until they think they have a masterpiece or a popular hit.

So if Liman wanted to guarantee a movie release and now feels betrayed, he shouldn't be giving interviews or boycotting the "Road House" premiere as he is now doing. He should have shopped it to another studio as soon as Amazon took control. Not that I like Amazon Prime, I don't even have it. Just that everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too. Me thinks Liman protests too much. Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has Jake Gyllenhaal done any action films before ? I primarily think of him as a dramatic actor, such as the guy from Brokeback Mountain, which hard to believe was almost 20 years ago.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Recently he was in "Ambulance" from the esteemed Michael Bay, "Everest" about big mountain climbers caught in a surprise storm, "End of Watch" a documentary style police action movie, "Source Code" a sci-fi thriller, the ill-advised "Prince of Persia", and "The Day After Tomorrow", an end-of-days climate change apocalypse popcorn movie. He was recently Mysterio in a Spider-Man movie. In his younger days, he'd famously really wanted to play Spidey himself, but it didn't happen for him.

Posts: 3326 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to reports, they are re-doing Highlander as a film with Henry Cavill starring.