Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Ebay rant - a warning for others
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ebay rant - a warning for others
 Login/Join

Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
Let be realistic. I believe in conservation, recycle, etc. But in these days environment and wallet can't be together in a sentence. It is one or the other. Big Grin

Now talking about ink (inkjet printing). My recommendation is buy a refill. If you found a good one and follow the instructions. The cartridges will take a lot of use until they become obsolete.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Whoa! That's shocking what a scam artist.

I know Ebay recommends keeping proof of postage for a 6 month period after which a seller cannot open a dispute/claim case on an item.

I always send recorded delivery so I put the little recipet the post office/service gives me in a box and it sits there for about a year.

Eventually I go through and recycle anything older than 6 months. It's an easy way to cover your back in a dispute case (if its related to shipping and nothing else like damage) and doesn't take up really any space/hassle.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
That is the one thing I have noticed about e-bay sellers over last couple of years - the lack of an invoice/note saying "thanks for business" as many do sell as a business I think it is poor that there is no acknowledgement that a buyer is a custoner. Most other internet business send invopice why not e-bay sellers?

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Most other internet business send invopice why not e-bay sellers?

I don't know about other sellers but I always include a printed invoice when I send the order with a little written note about thanks for their custom/if theres any problems and how I appreciate and always give good feedback.

I used to send emails as well but sometimes it can be a bit time consuming in that regard. I only send emails now if there's a delay or issue arises.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So ebay today closed my case in the buyer's favor and refunded his money on the grounds that "no valid tracking information was provided".

Where did that come from? I have had tracking information on the item since day one. The previous ebay support person actually commented on the valid information I had provided and gave me the extension. Kind of crazy, especially seeing the parcel is in the New York customs house which is still a little busy dealing with the aftermath of superstorm Sandy than making sure my parcel gets through on time..

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try contacting eBay by phone, they may have a more complete explanation othe than the standard responces they send out.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
That is the one thing I have noticed about e-bay sellers over last couple of years - the lack of an invoice/note saying "thanks for business" as many do sell as a business I think it is poor that there is no acknowledgement that a buyer is a custoner. Most other internet business send invopice why not e-bay sellers?

I can tell you why I don't include a traditional invoice -- cost. I have to pay for the paper, ink, and electricity to run the laptop and printer. Plus, the weight of the paper can be just enough to add to the cost of postage (say, if the parcel was 6.9 ounces and the invoice increased the weight to 7.1 ounces). We're talking pennies and I know it doesn't sound like much, but pennies add up and the cost would passed along to the buyer.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly i have been on both sides of the argument, I used to offer the buyers the choice of recorded/signed for or not to save them cash on low value items, but after getting burned a few times i now insist on everything going recorded delivery, i ship internationally from the UK and charge for international signed for, however more often than not i will upgrade that to airsure at my own expense. touch wood i have not had any problems since doing this but am certain that i have lost bidders put off by the additional cost involved, i ship free in the UK and take an equivalent amount off international to try to help a bit.
I also had a package not arrive as a buyer, i kept in touch with the seller and they provided a tracking number but it just seemed to go nowhere from a hub in the USA, i left it till the very last day to put in a claim hoping that the package would free up and arrive but sadly even now several months later there is still no sign of it, the seller refunded me and has since blocked me, may be he has had similar problems with other buyers and from this thread it appears that it is quite prevalent but i have thousands of successful transactions and 100% feedback having been on ebay for over a decade so i do feel a little offended to be honest but there is nothing i can do about it.
If the parcel ever puts in an appearance i will send him his money back and hope for an apology.

Posts: 357 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In 14 years, I've only had 2 bad ebay experiences:

1) Mailed a seller in Florida a money order for $6 for a SkyBox Simpsons promo card. I never received the card, the seller didn't respond to emails, and he disappeared from ebay

2) Bought a DVD from a seller in Canada for $24. The auction said that it was a pre-release and that the item would ship in 60 days. Never received it, and Paypal would not refund my money as they said that I didn't file a complaint within 30 days of the auction ending, and that the value had to be a minimum of $25 before shipping. The seller also vanished from ebay.

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A problem with/on ebay I've had recently is when I won some cards including an autograph at a good price for me as a buyer. The cards were never received, I contacted the seller no response, filed a claim, seller still did not respond. Ended up getting my money back.

However, now I have seen the same autograph (easy to tell when comparing the pictures) but the NEW seller has a different name but from the same area as the previous seller.

Obviously the original seller did not want to let the autograph go for the final price it finished at and has relisted it under another name.

Surely ebay should stop this seller altogether but then they still get their fees and that's all they are intersted in.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post