Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    2023-24 NFL Season
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2023-24 NFL Season
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
70.. Eek

Seventy... Eek Eek

Thats a 7 followed by a 0.... Eek

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
About time a team didn't let up. If you can crush them, why play around and wind up making it close? So what if the other team doesn't like to be shown up? Too bad, they should play better.

The Dolphins will definitely get their press now. Just hope it doesn't go to their heads. Big Grin

Posts: 10401 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was an incredible game. We got to watch it on the west coast too. The Dolphins could have tried a field goal on their last drive to break the record for most points scored in a game ever but took a knee instead. They put in back-ups in the 4th quarter and ran the ball but they scored too. Wow.

Posts: 4391 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
what the heck was that. Eek Shake Head

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
what the heck was that. Eek Shake Head

They should have held back some points from last week. Big Grin

It happens more often than not after a peak performance. Too much celebration and the other team plays tougher too.

The Dolphins schedule includes two games with the Jets and one game with the Giants. If they are going to be really good, this is their year to do it.

Posts: 10401 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The pandering that was going on during the Sunday Night Football game just because Taylor Swift has decided to chase after a Tight End pretty much sums up what's important to sports coverage. Did the announcers really care? No, but anything that brings in more viewers is great by them.

The Chiefs let the Jets hang around and almost got burned. But have no fear, Zach Wilson did what he always does. Comes out dead to fall behind. Starts making some good plays to stay in it. And then makes one or two horrendous mistakes that either costs points or kills a drive. This time he let the snap fall out of his hands and never got the ball back again.

Collinsworth says he is progressing every game. Wilson always does something wrong on a crucial play. Joe Namath said before the game that the Jets have to get rid of him. They are now 1 - 3. Who do you believe?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Normal service has been resumed. Clap Bouncey Dance

Me thinks we have some tough looking fixtures coming up though. Eek

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I thought the 49ers would destroy the Cowboys and they did. People have been hyping the Cowboys but they have been beating only bad-decent teams in recent years. They can't beat an elite team like the Eagles or the Niners.

If the Niners don't suffer a string of injuries, they are heading to the Super Bowl. The Eagles and maybe the Lions or Seahawks would be their only possible bumps in the road.

Posts: 4391 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I'm getting excited for the Lions. Is it possible that their traditional Thanksgiving Day game might actually mean something this year?

I agree with you about the Cowboys. They are too erratic and look good one minute and miserable the next.

The Giants had better sit Jones down before he gets killed. Whether it's their crummy offensive line, or the fact that he holds on to the ball too long, he can't keep getting sacked like that without getting seriously hurt sooner or later.

The Jets, with a 1-3 record, beat a team with a 1-3 record. Good for them, the Eagles are waiting in the wings. Russell Wilson looks spent and it's going to be a long season for him with his team.

I like the Niners too, but not much use for West Coast teams. Never seems like real football when they are at home. I like frozen tundra. Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, when was the last time the Lions scored 42 points?

Yeah, part of it is Jones but what quarterback can thrive with a bad offensive line?

I see the 49ers every week. They are a machine with great players at almost every position on both sides of the ball. I saw two sports guys on TV talk about the Cowboys-49ers game and they agreed maybe only 4-5 Cowboys players could start for the Niners. Ouch.

It looks great for Miami now except the Buffalo game exposed the lack of a good enough defense to win the Super Bowl. The Dolphins need to learn from history. Dan Marino was one of the greatest quarterbacks ever but he never got a 1000-yard running back and he had just a good defense. He got to the Super Bowl and he had a great opening drive but it went downhill from there that day at Stanford.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I'm getting excited for the Lions. Is it possible that their traditional Thanksgiving Day game might actually mean something this year?

I agree with you about the Cowboys. They are too erratic and look good one minute and miserable the next.

The Giants had better sit Jones down before he gets killed. Whether it's their crummy offensive line, or the fact that he holds on to the ball too long, he can't keep getting sacked like that without getting seriously hurt sooner or later.

The Jets, with a 1-3 record, beat a team with a 1-3 record. Good for them, the Eagles are waiting in the wings. Russell Wilson looks spent and it's going to be a long season for him with his team.

I like the Niners too, but not much use for West Coast teams. Never seems like real football when they are at home. I like frozen tundra. Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey, Week 9 has already passed into history. The season is half-over (baseball season seems like an eternity).

I thought the Eagles would beat the Cowboys by 10 at least but they were picked by Vegas by only 3 and the Cowboys did go toe-to-toe, coming up just two yards short of a winning score when time ran out.

I heard a commentator say that Kansas City controlled the Miami-KC game played in Germany. Uh, KC didn't score a point in the second half and the game might have gone into overtime if it weren't for a bad snap. Not exactly a decisive win.

Baltimore and Cincinnati are teams to beat now.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Dolphins were awful, this was a game we could have won but not playing like that. Right from the start we were hopeless and yet towards the end we could have still won but then awful turned up again. Frown

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
All I get to watch consistently is the Giants and the Jets, and they are just good for the laughs. What will they do to lose it this week? Will they score more than 3 points at one time? Big Grin

Daniel Jones now joins Aaron Rodgers out for the year with a torn ACL. Jones is earning his way to the backup squad anyhow, but Rodgers wants to come back, like the Jets will make the playoffs. Roll Eyes

They are now 4 - 4 after last night and once again Zach Wilson kept getting the ball knocked out of his hand. The media and some of my football buddies keep trying to say he is learning and has a bright future. What I see is that he fumbles or gets sacked on every crucial play that can make a difference. Another one more likely to be a backup.

I'm not really sold on any team so far this season. Every time someone has a good run, they lose an easy game.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Baltimore and Cincinnati are teams to beat now.

That was fast. Big Grin Just say it and it happens. None of these teams are dependable enough to win when they should this year.

But at least you can count on the Giants and Jets to lose. To all my buddies still telling me how good Zach Wilson will be, I say again, open your eyes. They can't score a touchdown and he loses the ball somehow every single time. I enjoyed that game for all the wrong reasons. Wink

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
the Bears won against Carolina. All we had to do is be the team to have a td. Sweat helped on defense.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
............and the Dolphins march on. Dance

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Dolphins win, Dolphins top the division, Dolphins make the play-off's.

So why do i feel that we will lose the first match we play when the thing starts. Frown

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Next week against the Cowboys will tell you something. They will play hard because the Bills killed them today. If the Dolphins beat them, it will go a long way for their confidence.

The Jets and Giants are right back to form. If Rodgers gets on the field next week, he really is nuts. The Saints had a field day taunting DeVito with his "sign", but that's what happens when you strut too soon. Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I thought both the Jets and Giants would have put up more of a fight than they did. The Saints are hardly a powerhouse and picked by only 6 points. The Jets have been at least a tough out for the Dolphins in recent years.

I was surprised Atlanta couldn't score more than 10 points against Carolina. That's pretty much all you need to do to beat them.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Next week against the Cowboys will tell you something. They will play hard because the Bills killed them today. If the Dolphins beat them, it will go a long way for their confidence.

The Jets and Giants are right back to form. If Rodgers gets on the field next week, he really is nuts. The Saints had a field day taunting DeVito with his "sign", but that's what happens when you strut too soon. Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, the Seahawks beat the Eagles last night. They had been winning early and into the middle of the season, looking tough even if imperfectly. I was surprised when the Eagles only edged out the Cowboys back in Week 9 but it turned out to be evidence of weakness which Dallas and other teams have exploited since.