Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Chatter    2023-24 NFL Season
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2023-24 NFL Season
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think it will be Chiefs 27, Niners 21. Last year, the Niners had a great kicker, Robbie Gould, but he was thinking about retirement and wanted to finish his career on a team closer to home (somewhere in the Midwest) but no one called him. He retired in October or November. I remember seeing the notice somewhere.

The kicker San Francisco has now isn't as good. It could be a factor. Imagine if he misses a field goal that would have tied the score early in the 4th Quarter and then the Chiefs get a field goal. The 49ers get one last drive but they have to have a TD...Oh no, there's a key drop or a deflection-interception. Chiefs win. I saw it my McDonald's iced tea this morning.

Posts: 4414 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
If you listen to the news you would think the superbowl was between two teams called the Ushers and the Swifts. Roll Eyes

Posts: 29003 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
OT win and no doubt the two right teams were there.

Great Googly Moogly the Chiefs pulled it out.

Sure would hate to hear a Swift song titled "Travis had this and lost it in the Superbowl"

Posts: 4871 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It was an exciting game, but I am really hating on the Chiefs right now. I had the box at 9 - 6 the right way with 1:53 left in the game. Oh well, maybe next year.

Kelce looked like a madman when he almost knocked Reid over and screamed in his face. Heads up Swift, you'd better hope he stays a winner. Big Grin

Posts: 10426 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
As you go to Dunkin' Donuts for your latte today, just think how you are contributing to paying for their Super Bowl commercial. Affleck, Lopez, Damon and Brady all thank you. Big Grin

Apart from the waste of money, the ads didn't bother me much this year. Maybe it was because they were showing so many movie trailers that I didn't mind. I think I was kind of in neutral all game, just watching.

I don't really have any opinion about Usher's show. I couldn't understand the words, but the dancing was OK. I only recognized Keys. I didn't know he did the one glove thing too and the microphones wired to the faces looked stupid. Reba did a good Anthem. The tributes weren't that bad. So all and all it was one of the better shows in a while to me.

Posts: 10426 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and am hearing some radio hosts and guests second-guessing and quick-blaming. Shanahan should have done this or that. The team just fired Steve Wilks (defensive coordinator). Are they blaming him? The defense played great most of the season. The defense stopped the Packers and Lions in the playoffs just long enough for the win. They took the Chiefs to overtime and had a lead. Mahomes is just a magician and Kelce gets open when it matters.

Shanahan was the offensive coordinator with the Falcons when they lost to the Patriots in the Super Bowl. That was the one when the Patriots made a greatest comeback in Super Bowl history and he's lost to Reid and Mahomes twice. Who else beats that combo in the Super Bowl? It looks like nobody but he was an extra point or muffed punt away from the Chiefs being second-guessed.

Posts: 4414 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Sign of the times in all professional sports. If you don't win it all the team has failed, and if the team has failed, it must be someone's fault.

Only the Yankee's Manager Aaron Boone can have the highest paid players in MLB and not win a World Series for 6 straight years, or even make the playoffs last season, without being fired. I think he must know where the bodies are buried. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Imagine being Steve Wilks. Yes, you inherited a great defense to work with but you guided them to the next level in one season, getting to the Super Bowl and then losing only in overtime and only to a quarterback that is now halfway to Brady's six Super Bowl wins (and not even 30 yet). And then you get fired. If you fire him, don't you have to fire Shanahan too going by the same logic? Who are you going to replace him with? All the high profile names have already found their jobs for next season.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Sign of the times in all professional sports. If you don't win it all the team has failed, and if the team has failed, it must be someone's fault.

Only the Yankee's Manager Aaron Boone can have the highest paid players in MLB and not win a World Series for 6 straight years, or even make the playoffs last season, without being fired. I think he must know where the bodies are buried. Big Grin