Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    DC Comics The New 52 P1
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DC Comics The New 52 P1
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I can't afford to make it to all these conventions, especially trade shows and such. Can't afford ebay rates on these rare promos.

So I've made the decision not to collect most CZE promo cards anymore. The Walking Dead is the only exception. And by not doing so, I won't be collecting their products, with the one exception.

I'm a comic fan, but mostly Marvel, so I can easily walk away from the DC stuff. I might as well cancel my shipment of the New 52 boxes. I feel good that I didn't order the Batman one.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
It always pay's to wait, I picked up a couple for 5 each.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:

I wish I could get half that lucky. I can't find a single one, except for the one I believe you guys have been talking about. I auction watched one, but never checked it. Wife has banned me from using our primary ebay account, due to the holidays coming up. lol

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:

I wish I could get half that lucky. I can't find a single one, except for the one I believe you guys have been talking about. I auction watched one, but never checked it. Wife has banned me from using our primary ebay account, due to the holidays coming up. lol

They were tucked away in a Comikaze Stan Lee grab bag on the Bay. Guess no one was looking in comics, I watched them all week and I was the only bidder. Kind of got them for nothing if I figure in all the other cards and comics.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of DasMuse
posted Hide Post
nice call on that one... i still scour ebay multiple times a day for one of these... i never thought getting grab bags would work because i figured whoever you're buying from would just take out what they want to keep. there are a pair of gift bags from comikaze on there now (one auction) and the seller shows the contents and i dont see the p1 there.

Posts: 7 | Location: Buffalo, NY | Registered: September 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DasMuse:
nice call on that one... i still scour ebay multiple times a day for one of these... i never thought getting grab bags would work because i figured whoever you're buying from would just take out what they want to keep. there are a pair of gift bags from comikaze on there now (one auction) and the seller shows the contents and i dont see the p1 there.

They showed and listed the cards, anyone searching by the card title should have seen them, that how I found them by the title of the card.

New Card Talk Member
Picture of DasMuse
posted Hide Post
i assume the auction you won was this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Stan-Lees-Comikaze-Comic-Con-VIP-Grab-Bag-New-Comic-TV-Movie-Game-ads-etc-/110956175277

i've been searching by the card title and have only seen the one that was talked about earlier in this thread... i dont see the title of the card in title of that auction unless you mean you were searching for something other than "new 52 p1" or "new 52 promo" because it didn't come up when i searched either and like i said i didn't think to check grab bags. lesson learned. :-)

Posts: 7 | Location: Buffalo, NY | Registered: September 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is another one up for grabs "you know where."

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
There is another one up for grabs "you know where."

You mean Ebay? ROTFLMAO! $50

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Please don't pay too much for these. I have it on good authority that some folks will be receiving some of these soon.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Please don't pay too much for these. I have it on good authority that some folks will be receiving some of these soon.

How does one become one of the folks? Unfortunatly, if they are going to dealers, the first thing that's checked is the Ebay price and then sell them accordingly Shake Head In a way, I can't blame them - who's going to give away a £30+ card?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

How does one become one of the folks? Unfortunatly, if they are going to dealers, the first thing that's checked is the Ebay price and then sell them accordingly Shake Head In a way, I can't blame them - who's going to give away a £30+ card?

Graham,

They'll be going to collectors. Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
If you have friends across the pond you will be one of "those people"! Wink

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
I hope I'm 1 of those people lol

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Me too.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I live across from a pond, is that any good? Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Miranda mentioned on the Q & A DC New 52 P1 would be available at the Philly show, so if you are looking for one I would think about networking with someone you know who is going to the show (not me however, as my network list is full!). Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Miranda mentioned on the Q & A DC New 52 P1 would be available at the Philly show, so if you are looking for one I would think about networking with someone you know who is going to the show (not me however, as my network list is full!). Smile

Or even better idea....come to the show!! LOL Hey, if Hammer, Graham, treksearcher, and Darth Graham can come from the UK and Szym can come from France, you can come too. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I've heard that a friend across the pond can be bought for a beer and a sandwich. Sometimes, not even the sandwich Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Wow!