Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
DC Comics The New 52 P1

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/661605453/m/9547052326

September 26, 2012, 05:05 PM
Tattoox
DC Comics The New 52 P1
I can't afford to make it to all these conventions, especially trade shows and such. Can't afford ebay rates on these rare promos.

So I've made the decision not to collect most CZE promo cards anymore. The Walking Dead is the only exception. And by not doing so, I won't be collecting their products, with the one exception.

I'm a comic fan, but mostly Marvel, so I can easily walk away from the DC stuff. I might as well cancel my shipment of the New 52 boxes. I feel good that I didn't order the Batman one.

September 30, 2012, 09:54 PM
John Oder
It always pay's to wait, I picked up a couple for 5 each.
September 30, 2012, 10:28 PM
Tattoox
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:

I wish I could get half that lucky. I can't find a single one, except for the one I believe you guys have been talking about. I auction watched one, but never checked it. Wife has banned me from using our primary ebay account, due to the holidays coming up. lol

September 30, 2012, 11:14 PM
John Oder
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:

I wish I could get half that lucky. I can't find a single one, except for the one I believe you guys have been talking about. I auction watched one, but never checked it. Wife has banned me from using our primary ebay account, due to the holidays coming up. lol

They were tucked away in a Comikaze Stan Lee grab bag on the Bay. Guess no one was looking in comics, I watched them all week and I was the only bidder. Kind of got them for nothing if I figure in all the other cards and comics.
October 02, 2012, 07:32 PM
DasMuse
nice call on that one... i still scour ebay multiple times a day for one of these... i never thought getting grab bags would work because i figured whoever you're buying from would just take out what they want to keep. there are a pair of gift bags from comikaze on there now (one auction) and the seller shows the contents and i dont see the p1 there.
October 02, 2012, 09:00 PM
John Oder
quote:
Originally posted by DasMuse:
nice call on that one... i still scour ebay multiple times a day for one of these... i never thought getting grab bags would work because i figured whoever you're buying from would just take out what they want to keep. there are a pair of gift bags from comikaze on there now (one auction) and the seller shows the contents and i dont see the p1 there.

They showed and listed the cards, anyone searching by the card title should have seen them, that how I found them by the title of the card.
October 03, 2012, 12:28 PM
DasMuse
i assume the auction you won was this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Stan-Lees-Comikaze-Comic-Con-VIP-Grab-Bag-New-Comic-TV-Movie-Game-ads-etc-/110956175277

i've been searching by the card title and have only seen the one that was talked about earlier in this thread... i dont see the title of the card in title of that auction unless you mean you were searching for something other than "new 52 p1" or "new 52 promo" because it didn't come up when i searched either and like i said i didn't think to check grab bags. lesson learned. :-)
October 05, 2012, 12:36 PM
David R
There is another one up for grabs "you know where."
October 05, 2012, 01:19 PM
Tattoox
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
There is another one up for grabs "you know where."

You mean Ebay? ROTFLMAO! $50

October 05, 2012, 02:04 PM
H_Toser
Please don't pay too much for these. I have it on good authority that some folks will be receiving some of these soon.

October 05, 2012, 04:25 PM
Graham
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Please don't pay too much for these. I have it on good authority that some folks will be receiving some of these soon.

How does one become one of the folks? Unfortunatly, if they are going to dealers, the first thing that's checked is the Ebay price and then sell them accordingly Shake Head In a way, I can't blame them - who's going to give away a £30+ card?
October 05, 2012, 09:01 PM
H_Toser
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

How does one become one of the folks? Unfortunatly, if they are going to dealers, the first thing that's checked is the Ebay price and then sell them accordingly Shake Head In a way, I can't blame them - who's going to give away a £30+ card?

Graham,

They'll be going to collectors. Smile

October 05, 2012, 09:11 PM
Batman
If you have friends across the pond you will be one of "those people"! Wink

October 06, 2012, 01:10 AM
Jake
I hope I'm 1 of those people lol

October 06, 2012, 02:55 AM
Tattoox
Me too.

October 06, 2012, 06:11 AM
wolfie
I live across from a pond, is that any good? Big Grin

October 06, 2012, 10:28 AM
Batman
Miranda mentioned on the Q & A DC New 52 P1 would be available at the Philly show, so if you are looking for one I would think about networking with someone you know who is going to the show (not me however, as my network list is full!). Smile

October 06, 2012, 10:39 AM
H_Toser
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Miranda mentioned on the Q & A DC New 52 P1 would be available at the Philly show, so if you are looking for one I would think about networking with someone you know who is going to the show (not me however, as my network list is full!). Smile

Or even better idea....come to the show!! LOL Hey, if Hammer, Graham, treksearcher, and Darth Graham can come from the UK and Szym can come from France, you can come too. Big Grin

October 06, 2012, 11:57 AM
Graham
I've heard that a friend across the pond can be bought for a beer and a sandwich. Sometimes, not even the sandwich Big Grin
October 06, 2012, 02:33 PM
Tattoox
Wow!