Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Well, on the bright side.........
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, on the bright side.........
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted
After a hard day at work, coming home to hear of a new Marvel card release was exciting for about one second.

Then hearing from my buddy that he struck out on two of The Walking Dead promos and the Castle promo at SDCC was a big bummer.

But he did score on the first two Rittenhouse promos, TWD postcard, and the full set of Mars Attacks.

So the day wasn't all that bad.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The ABC booth is pushing a show called "Neighbors" or something like that, so I didn't even think of asking them for the Castle promo.

The Image Skybound booth said they had no idea where the rumor started that they'd had the promo. The lady there was very nice about it. I asked her if many people had asked for the card and she said yes.

As for promo cards from Walking Dead, aren't promos really made to help sell an upcoming card set by giving an example of what the cards look like?

In the case of the Walking Dead, any upcoming card sets will sell like hotcakes based on how the first one did (and the continuing popularity of the comic and TV show), so there's really no reason for Cryptozoic to even make promos for Walking Dead.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I collect all TWD promos. Some out there and at SDCC this year are advertising the show and the upcoming Facebook game.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post