Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Well, on the bright side.........

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/661605453/m/8167012226

July 13, 2012, 10:42 PM
Tattoox
Well, on the bright side.........
After a hard day at work, coming home to hear of a new Marvel card release was exciting for about one second.

Then hearing from my buddy that he struck out on two of The Walking Dead promos and the Castle promo at SDCC was a big bummer.

But he did score on the first two Rittenhouse promos, TWD postcard, and the full set of Mars Attacks.

So the day wasn't all that bad.

July 14, 2012, 03:13 AM
chesspieceface
The ABC booth is pushing a show called "Neighbors" or something like that, so I didn't even think of asking them for the Castle promo.

The Image Skybound booth said they had no idea where the rumor started that they'd had the promo. The lady there was very nice about it. I asked her if many people had asked for the card and she said yes.

As for promo cards from Walking Dead, aren't promos really made to help sell an upcoming card set by giving an example of what the cards look like?

In the case of the Walking Dead, any upcoming card sets will sell like hotcakes based on how the first one did (and the continuing popularity of the comic and TV show), so there's really no reason for Cryptozoic to even make promos for Walking Dead.

July 14, 2012, 12:19 PM
Tattoox
I collect all TWD promos. Some out there and at SDCC this year are advertising the show and the upcoming Facebook game.