Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Show April '12 - Hotel Info
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Show April '12 - Hotel Info
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
If a guy, let's say a french guy who can't drive, booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn, how could he get to the show? Is there a bus or taxis or should he beg someone to give him a lift?
The same question for the Red Robin gathering.
Thanks for letting me know.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Szym:
If a guy, let's say a french guy who can't drive, booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn, how could he get to the show? Is there a bus or taxis or should he beg someone to give him a lift?

If a guy, let's say a French guy came to America and stayed the Hilton Garden Inn, he would probably have no trouble finding someone to give him a lift to the Merchants Square Mall where the show is held. Many people who go to the show stay there and I'm certain someone would be willing to take him over to the Mall. Big Grin Taxis are available as a last resort but I would think you'll find someone to help out.

As for the Red Robin, that's even easier. It is in the hotel parking lot! You just walk there.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Originally posted by Szym:

Beg? You would be treated as an exotic visitor!!

If a guy, let's say a French guy came to America and stayed the Hilton Garden Inn, he would probably have no trouble finding someone to give him a lift to the Merchants Square Mall where the show is held. Many people who go to the show stay there and I'm certain someone would be willing to take him over to the Mall. Big Grin Taxis are available as a last resort but I would think you'll find someone to help out.

If you use a taxi, make sure there's four of you to split the fare.

As for the Red Robin, that's even easier. It is in the hotel parking lot! You just walk there.

And a stagger back!

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
The Batmobile is always available for a lift to the show or other exotic ports of call! Big Grin

Posts: 5790 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Depending on how big the Batmobile is I will also have a car

Posts: 12160 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
The Batmobile is always available for a lift to the show or other exotic ports of call! Big Grin

I preferred the chick truck (say that fast three times) from last year Wink

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

I preferred the chick truck (say that fast three times) from last year Wink

It was certainly cosey!

Posts: 12160 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
The "chick truck" and the Batmobile are one and the same! Big Grin

Posts: 5790 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all your reply. I didn't know which Red Robin it was (there are 4 in Allentown). Can't wait.
A question for you Hammer : when are you arriving in Allentown Thursday or Friday? Which day is better to, say, have a look at the mall?

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Editor-in-Chief
Picture of A_Biegel
posted Hide Post
Szym—The Biegelmobile can be your backup vehicle to the show on Sunday morning (after the Card Talk gathering) if the chick truck is too full of...well...chicks!

~Alan

Posts: 189 | Location: Bayonne, NJ USA | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any chance of a lift for a U.K. first time visitor?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
finally booked my hotel Smile

usually stay at the Wyndam, but waited to long and it was full
- so will be staying at the Hilton for the first time this year

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post