Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Philly Show April '12 - Hotel Info

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6236037711/m/7057032516

April 02, 2012, 08:33 AM
Szym
Philly Show April '12 - Hotel Info
If a guy, let's say a french guy who can't drive, booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn, how could he get to the show? Is there a bus or taxis or should he beg someone to give him a lift?
The same question for the Red Robin gathering.
Thanks for letting me know.
April 02, 2012, 09:28 AM
H_Toser
quote:
Originally posted by Szym:
If a guy, let's say a french guy who can't drive, booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn, how could he get to the show? Is there a bus or taxis or should he beg someone to give him a lift?

If a guy, let's say a French guy came to America and stayed the Hilton Garden Inn, he would probably have no trouble finding someone to give him a lift to the Merchants Square Mall where the show is held. Many people who go to the show stay there and I'm certain someone would be willing to take him over to the Mall. Big Grin Taxis are available as a last resort but I would think you'll find someone to help out.

As for the Red Robin, that's even easier. It is in the hotel parking lot! You just walk there.

April 02, 2012, 09:41 AM
Graham
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Originally posted by Szym:

Beg? You would be treated as an exotic visitor!!

If a guy, let's say a French guy came to America and stayed the Hilton Garden Inn, he would probably have no trouble finding someone to give him a lift to the Merchants Square Mall where the show is held. Many people who go to the show stay there and I'm certain someone would be willing to take him over to the Mall. Big Grin Taxis are available as a last resort but I would think you'll find someone to help out.

If you use a taxi, make sure there's four of you to split the fare.

As for the Red Robin, that's even easier. It is in the hotel parking lot! You just walk there.

And a stagger back!

April 02, 2012, 09:56 AM
Batman
The Batmobile is always available for a lift to the show or other exotic ports of call! Big Grin

April 02, 2012, 11:01 AM
hammer
Depending on how big the Batmobile is I will also have a car
April 02, 2012, 11:40 AM
Graham
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
The Batmobile is always available for a lift to the show or other exotic ports of call! Big Grin

I preferred the chick truck (say that fast three times) from last year Wink
April 02, 2012, 01:47 PM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

I preferred the chick truck (say that fast three times) from last year Wink

It was certainly cosey!
April 02, 2012, 02:46 PM
Batman
The "chick truck" and the Batmobile are one and the same! Big Grin

April 03, 2012, 04:03 PM
Szym
Thanks for all your reply. I didn't know which Red Robin it was (there are 4 in Allentown). Can't wait.
A question for you Hammer : when are you arriving in Allentown Thursday or Friday? Which day is better to, say, have a look at the mall?
April 04, 2012, 09:25 AM
A_Biegel
Szym—The Biegelmobile can be your backup vehicle to the show on Sunday morning (after the Card Talk gathering) if the chick truck is too full of...well...chicks!

~Alan
April 05, 2012, 03:28 AM
treksearcher
Any chance of a lift for a U.K. first time visitor?
April 06, 2012, 02:32 PM
hcbrewer
finally booked my hotel Smile

usually stay at the Wyndam, but waited to long and it was full
- so will be staying at the Hilton for the first time this year