Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Comics Greatest World Collectors Packs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comics Greatest World Collectors Packs
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
These oversized black and white envelopes from circa 1993 have large cards included in the packets. Any idea as to how many different envelopes there are ? I have seen Vortex, Steel Harbor (shows Barb Wire), and Golden City

Posts: 4717 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like there is a fourth one of Arcadia (shows the hero X)

Posts: 4717 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about case inserts? Those oversized matrix chase cards? Or is this something else?

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No, these were sealed black and white 8 x 11 sized envelopes sent to comic stores which apparently contained advertisements for the comic books and each one had oversized cards included. I see 3 of the 4 different ones on ebay now. You can see by doing a search of the term in my first post. I don't know how to post images. These cards are listed in PCE

posted Hide Post
Thanks!

I wasn’t aware of these before. I usually don’t look at promotional items for comics, but these look cool and I did collect these comics. I’ll watch them.

It seems to be the same bookmark card in all the packs.

I also noticed variations between packs. Like diamonds or no diamonds at the bottom of one of them. Another had a sticker.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David R,

Here is an image of the fourth pack which I do not see on ebay.

https://www.bing.com/images/se...jaxhist=0&ajaxserp=0

Posts: 4005 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
More information on these:

*The following are black-and-white prints found in "Collector's Packs" from Diamond Comics; blank back; 8-½ by 11. Aside from these prints, each pack contained a limited edition comic and a 4-card sheet of "Collector Bookmarks"

□ "The Machine"; Dave Johnson; came in the "Steel Harbor" pack

□ "X"; by Chris Warner; came in the "Arcadia" pack

□ "Catalyst"; color art by Chris Warner; came in the "Golden City" pack

□ "Vortex"; by Chris Warner; came in the "Vortex" pack

Posts: 4005 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post