Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Comics Greatest World Collectors Packs

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/274605453/m/7267044107

March 10, 2024, 11:33 PM
David R
Comics Greatest World Collectors Packs
These oversized black and white envelopes from circa 1993 have large cards included in the packets. Any idea as to how many different envelopes there are ? I have seen Vortex, Steel Harbor (shows Barb Wire), and Golden City
March 10, 2024, 11:37 PM
David R
Looks like there is a fourth one of Arcadia (shows the hero X)
March 18, 2024, 01:11 AM
dpolis
Are you talking about case inserts? Those oversized matrix chase cards? Or is this something else?

David

March 18, 2024, 06:52 AM
David R
No, these were sealed black and white 8 x 11 sized envelopes sent to comic stores which apparently contained advertisements for the comic books and each one had oversized cards included. I see 3 of the 4 different ones on ebay now. You can see by doing a search of the term in my first post. I don't know how to post images. These cards are listed in PCE
March 18, 2024, 01:30 PM
dpolis
Thanks!

I wasn’t aware of these before. I usually don’t look at promotional items for comics, but these look cool and I did collect these comics. I’ll watch them.

It seems to be the same bookmark card in all the packs.

I also noticed variations between packs. Like diamonds or no diamonds at the bottom of one of them. Another had a sticker.

David

March 18, 2024, 02:30 PM
Tommy C
David R,

Here is an image of the fourth pack which I do not see on ebay.

https://www.bing.com/images/se...jaxhist=0&ajaxserp=0
March 18, 2024, 04:44 PM
Tommy C
More information on these:

*The following are black-and-white prints found in "Collector's Packs" from Diamond Comics; blank back; 8-½ by 11. Aside from these prints, each pack contained a limited edition comic and a 4-card sheet of "Collector Bookmarks"

□ "The Machine"; Dave Johnson; came in the "Steel Harbor" pack

□ "X"; by Chris Warner; came in the "Arcadia" pack

□ "Catalyst"; color art by Chris Warner; came in the "Golden City" pack

□ "Vortex"; by Chris Warner; came in the "Vortex" pack