Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Booksmith Cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Card 525. Modern Pagans.

Unlike most cards in the series, this one shows the cover of the book rather than the author or editor.

Posts: 4411 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Card 573. William Gibson.

This one stands out because it features the author of "Neuromancer," which was among the first works of the cyberpunk movement. There are people who don't collect cards who would want this one. Within the Booksmith series, it stands out because it has a different logo.

Posts: 4411 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Card 590. Wes Nisker. Close friends called him "Scoop."

Booksmith went back to the previous version of the logo.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Card 619. Nick Sagan.

He's the son of scientist Carl Sagan and his second wife, artist Linda Salzman.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Card 626. Dick Boak.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Card 678. Mary Roach.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The card right after 678, 679. Bruce Sterling. This is the third of three cards of his in the series.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
The card right after 678, 679.

This numbering system is typical of many nonsports card sets.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, imagine if more companies had decided skip-numbering or no-numbering would be the way to go.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
The card right after 678, 679.

This numbering system is typical of many nonsports card sets.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Card 682. William Pryor.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Card 705. Art Spiegelman. It's the third of his three cards in the series.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Card 719. Anne Waldman.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Card 740. Tori Amos.

Unfortunately, the signing event was cancelled, but fortunately for collectors later, it was cancelled after the cards were printed. By this number, the cards were dated on the back.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Card 742. Rupert Holmes.

I remember when he debuted "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)" on "The Merv Griffin Show" in 1979, or at least that was the first time I heard it. I didn't know he wrote award-winning plays and mystery novels after that. Talented dude.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Card 746. Nick Mason.

I hope that book answers the musical question, "Which one's Pink?"

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Card 773. Emily the Strange.

This card is another one that shows the book cover rather than the author. It promotes the release of the 2005 graphic novella, "Emily's Good Nightmares" by Rob Reger.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Card 783. Tom Robbins.

If you research a number of the authors in the card series, you start finding connections among them. Some of them are friends; a few even married. At least one absolutely hated another. Robbins was friends with Terence McKenna (card #3) and Robert Altman (#954) and he did LSD with Timothy Leary (#67).

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I enjoy your posts about these cards, Jess!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Harris. Before this year, I had around 40 cards and then I found more this year and enough to put together a sampling across the series (somewhere over 100 different ones). I figured I should show what I have in case anyone else is even somewhat interested. Everybody like pictures.

quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
I enjoy your posts about these cards, Jess!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Card 811. George R. R. Martin.

This card promotes his "A Feast for Crows" from the "A Song of Fire and Ice" series at a time just a couple of years before he sold the TV rights to the series to HBO which adapted it into "Game of Thrones."