Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Killer ants
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
So, I guess no moraccas huh?

Big Grin

Jessica

Posts: 1952 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Yea! 23 pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Long Live the Ants!!!! Bouncey

Jessica

Posts: 1952 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica:
So, I guess no moraccas huh?

Big Grin

Jessica

Sure, moraccas would work. Big Grin

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Vive le fourmi!

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
You know, I got pulled up on stage once and the band made me play the moraccas, I didn't know what the hell i was doing.

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Wendi, you had to play the morraccas, think about the poor guy that got pulled on stage and had to play the grand piano...

Okay, the Killer ant thread has now spanned 6 months and 23 pages. YOU GUYS ARE WHACKED!

I am so proud to be associated with all you Killer ant posters. (sniff).

Posts: 2913 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
You can say that again. Thumb Up

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendi:
You know, I got pulled up on stage once and the band made me play the moraccas, I didn't know what the hell i was doing.
What is a moraccas. Confused Sounds dangerous. Eek

'' Devoted Aluminum member '' who should probably be doing school work at this very moment.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Sorry, spelled wrong, should be maraca...

: a rattle usually made from a gourd that is used as a percussion instrument

I was shaking and shaking but I am sure I wasn't anywhere near the beat of the actual song they were singing. Big Grin

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DOUBLEooSEVEN:

They are very dangerous indeed.....when in the hands of a killer ant,in fact in 1987 a law was passed prohibiting killer ants from carrying consealed moraccas in public with a mandatory 3 years hard labour as punishment if caught breaking said law.

This law applies all over the world....apart from Texas Big Grin

Kevin

Rufus: Very basic strategy. If your enemies know where you are then don't be there!

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:

Okay, the Killer ant thread has now spanned 6 months and 23 pages. YOU GUYS ARE WHACKED!

I am so proud to be associated with all you Killer ant posters. (sniff).

It's like a guilty pleasure,you know you shouldn't but you just can't stop yourself Smile

Kevin

Rufus: Very basic strategy. If your enemies know where you are then don't be there!

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kesmit:

That's because Texas has the anteater. (Hmmm... or is that the armadillo? ) Big Grin

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kesmit:
quote:

They are very dangerous indeed.....when in the hands of a killer ant,in fact in 1987 a law was passed prohibiting killer ants from carrying consealed moraccas in public with a mandatory 3 years hard labour as punishment if caught breaking said law.

I think Ive heard about this law Kesmit. But in Canada we dont have laws yet , so killer ants are all over the place with their silly moraccas. Good thing its cold up here, because we only see ants for a few months each year. Thumb Up

'' Devoted Aluminum member '' who should probably be doing school work at this very moment.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think Ive heard about this law Kesmit. But in Canada we dont have laws yet , so killer ants are all over the place with their silly moraccas. Good thing its cold up here, because we only see ants for a few months each year. Thumb Up

This has been said before about the poor killer ant and the effect the cold weather has on them,so I think it's time to address the balance as it's coming upto Christmas.

Everyone with a Nanny/Granny get them to start knitting small wooly jumpers with an extra set of arms - these little fellas deserve a chance to ski and have snowball fights ! Smile

Kevin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
BCW

And you thought that this thread would die or morph during the winter.This topic appears to have a life all its own.I agree with Kesmit that we should get a number of people knitting sweaters for the ants so that they may have their fun in the snow.

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Meander
posted Hide Post
Just happened upon this.......
Killer ants....
20 million ants in one colony.....
siafu ants (driver ants) in africa

Extremely interesting!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not going there anytime soon!!!!!!!
Might have to catch the reshowing on Sat if I remember

[This message was edited by Meander on December 04, 2003 at 09:01 PM.]

Posts: 706 | Location: Over, The Rainbow, VA | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
This has absolutely nothing to do with ants, I was just bored any nobody is around. Frown I just thought I might bump the ant thread up a few notches. Thumb Up Man Im bored. Ho Hum Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
I'll have to watch the rerun on Saturday's Discovery Channel. I'm sure I'll be snowed in.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is a cartoon that appeared in the paper today. Perhaps one of the ways to get rid of Killer Ants

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
Why would we ever want to get rid of the poor little killer ants. Confused