Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Musician Fats Domino, Oct 24 age 89.

Posts: 2197 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
John Hillerman died on Nov 9.

Here is one from the Magnum, PI set from 1983

https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/i...wX~dWo5io/s-l225.jpg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Malcolm Young of the band AC/DC died yesterday at age 64.

Posts: 2197 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see from the other thread that Monty Hall died at the end of September, which I had missed.

Although he is best known as the long-time host of the game show "Let's Make a Deal," in some of the circles I run in, he is famous for being the namesake of an intriguing logic problem.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm reading that Charles Manson is dead. Good riddance.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Della Reese, who was a great singer and used to be on "Touched by an Angel," has died at age 86.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's been mentioned on the the other thread, but David Cassidy has been seriously ill for a while and has died in a hospital in Florida.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On another thread I mentioned that Rodney Bewes of The Likely Lads had died aged 79. He also appeared in a Dr Who serial called the Resurrection of the Daleks as Stein. I have now scanned the card and thaks to other members of CardTalk I can now post images again. See below:-

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John

Posts: 2116 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jim Nabors has died at age 87.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I missed it when it happened, but gossip columnist Liz Smith died Nov 12 at age 94.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
British actress Suzanna Leigh has died at 72.

She had autos in various Unstoppable Card sets-- The Saint, British Horror, The Persuaders

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
British actress Suzanna Leigh has died at 72.

She had autos in various Unstoppable Card sets-- The Saint, British Horror, The Persuaders

So post a picture!

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting the pictures, so sad to see this. Frown

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Pat DiNizio, lead singer of the band The Smithereens, died yesterday.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Keely Smith, a big-band and jazz singer from the 1950s onward, died Saturday Dec 16.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As mentioned on the other thread, Heather North, who had a number of 1960s tv acting credits , and was the original voice of Daphne Blake from the Scooby Doo series, died on November 30 at age 70.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
As mentioned on the other thread, Heather North, who had a number of 1960s tv acting credits , and was the original voice of Daphne Blake from the Scooby Doo series, died on November 30 at age 70.

Not the first. Stefanianna Christopherson was the first.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A lot of sportscasters aren't/weren't athletes, and so they are sort of edge case nonsports cards.

Dick Enberg died yesterday at age 82. In addition to calling various sports (baseball, basketball, football, golf, tennis, Olympics), he did occasional acting jobs, such as the movie "The Naked Gun."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bill Mullins,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bruce McCandless, a super nice astronaut who helped promote the "Space Shots" trading cards at the National Sports Collectors Convention in Atlanta in 1992, has passed away, age 80.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Alfie Curtis, the Mos Eisley cantina outlaw who had the "death sentence n twelve systems," has died.