Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Rose Marie, best known for having played Sally Rogers on the Dick Van **** Show, has died at age 94 (or possibly 96. Her show business career started in the 1920s.

Posts: 2197 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
NASA astronaut John Young, who flew Gemini (twice), Apollo (twice) and Space Shuttle (twice) missions, and got into trouble for smuggling a corned beef sandwich into orbit, has died at age 87.

Posts: 2197 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ray Thomas, flautist and founding member of the rock band "The Moody Blues", died on Jan 4.

This card is from the 1991 set by Brockum, "RockCards".

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Donnelly Rhodes, a Canadian actor who played Doc Cottle on Battlestar Galactica and had many other genre roles, died yesterday of cancer.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cinamon Hadley, who was the model/inspiration for Mike Dringenberg's original drawings of Neil Gaiman's character "Death" of the Endless, has died.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Keith Jackson was a longtime announcer for ABC sports, known primarily for calling NCAA football games. He died Friday.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
British actor John Mahoney, best known for having played Frasier Crane's father on the sitcom Frasier, has died.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Leah Labelle, a singer who competed on American Idol, and her husband, former NBA player Rasual Butler, were recently killed in a car crash.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Reg. E. Cathey, a native of my hometown (Huntsville AL) and known for his appearances on "House of Cards" and other shows, has passed.

From "The Mask":

Country music singer Lari White, whom you may recognized from her role as the woman Tom Hanks meets at the end of "Castaway", has died in Nashville of cancer:

European actor Peter Wyngarde died on Jan 15, age 90.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Singer Vic Damone, of whom Frank Sinatra said he "had the best pipes in the business", died Sunday at age 89.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Evangelist Billy Graham has passed away at age 99.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nannette Fabray (also spelled Fabares) passed away, age 97 on Feb 22. She started in vaudeville in the 1920s, was in radio and films in the 1930s, and played with Sid Caesar on "Your Show of Shows" in the 1950s. She was Mary Richards' mom Dottie on the "Mary Tyler Moore Show".

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And in the early 1980s, Ms. Fabray was on the sit-com "One Day at a Time" for a few years, playing the grandmother.

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David Ogden Stiers has died at age 75, of cancer. He is best known for his portrayal of Charles Emerson Winchester in M*A*S*H, but had many other roles. He did voices in several Disney animated movies, and went to high school with Roger Ebert.

Cogsworth in Pro Set's Beauty and the Beast

Gov. Ratcliffe in SkyBox's Pocahontas

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Korean actor Soon-Tek Oh has died, age 85.

He had a number of genre-ish credits, including Babylon 5, Airwolf, Stargate SG-1, the voice of Mulan's father (Fa Zhou), and The Man with The Golden Gun.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
George A. Romero, director of Night of the Living Dead, died today, age 77. I expect to see him return soon, shambling around and seeking brains.

GAR's zombies didn't eat brains!

Posts: 129 | Location: Maryland | Registered: February 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Martyr:

I know that came from one of his interviews, but if he were still around I would have to disagree with him. Night of the Living Dead was tame compared to the carnage of Dawn of the Dead and they certainly ate brains, along with just about everything else. Big Grin

Did his zombies fixate on brains? Not as much as some. Wink

Night and Dawn were masterpieces, then I think he tried too hard to top them. RIP Mr. Romero.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
R. Lee Ermey, best known perhaps as Gunnery Sargent Hartman in "Full Metal Jacket", has died at age 74. He played mostly a specific character type in dozens and dozens of roles, after a career in the military. He also voiced "Sarge" in the "Toy Story" franchise.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Martyr:

I know that came from one of his interviews, but if he were still around I would have to disagree with him. Night of the Living Dead was tame compared to the carnage of Dawn of the Dead and they certainly ate brains, along with just about everything else. Big Grin

Did his zombies fixate on brains? Not as much as some. Wink

Night and Dawn were masterpieces, then I think he tried too hard to top them. RIP Mr. Romero.

The whole zombies eating brains thing came from Return of the Living Dead which Romero had nothing to do with. In Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, etc, the ghouls (they weren't called zombies until Dawn) didn't fixate on any particular body part!

Well anyway, if anyone has any Romero cards they want to unload, contact me!

Posts: 129 | Location: Maryland | Registered: February 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Harry Anderson, star of Night Court and Dave's World, has died at age 65. My own interest in him stemmed from his original career as a magician, and I was fortunate to see him perform at a club in Birmingham several years ago, and got him to sign his book. He was a funny and skilled actor.