Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kringle Kards
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Tim Shay Kringle Kards 5x7 skech cards

This message has been edited. Last edited by: t.breyer,

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Gary Kezele Kringle Kards 5x7 sketch card

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Achilleas Kokkinakis
Adam Cleveland
Anastasia Catris
Axebone
Bill Maus
Carlos Cabaleiro
Christopher Foulkes
Chris Meeks
Christos Papantoniou
Clay Sayre
Cliff Thomas
Dan Gorman
Del Perry Nayra
Don Pedicini Jr.
Erica Hesse
Free Isabelo
Gabby Untermayerova
Gary Kezele
Gemma Magno
George Deep
George Webber
Huy Truong
Iris Anne Cahill
J.D.Seeber
Jake Sumbing
James Hill
Jason Durden
Jason Saldajeno
Jim Jimenez
Jim Kyle
Jun Lofamia
Kenneth Hutcheson
Kevin West
Kristin Allen
Kylie Johnston
Laura Inglis
Manny Mederos
Marcia Dye
Mark Marvida
Mick, Matt & Glebe
Mitch Ballard
MJ San Juan
Norvierto P. Basio
Robert Aragon
Rusty Gilligan
Sanna Umemoto
Shane MC Cormack
Shawn Conn
Stacey Kardash
Steven Miller
Ted Dastick
Tim Levandoski
Tim Shay
Yesha Balmes

Artist list Subject to change

Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Look really nice tom!

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
thanks paul

posted Hide Post
So are these all evil and bad Santa Claus versions?

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
interesting Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
There will be normal Santas as the 1st two artists did thier own version as artists were told they could draw Santa and Mrs.Santa anyway they want to.
So there will be all kinds of Santas.Sorry if some of you are offended as cant please everyone.

Tom

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think it is in poor taste !

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
The movie Slient Night Deadly Night came out in the late 70's. There has been a slew of killer Santa movies since.

In comics, there have been more variants on good santa, bad santa, satan santa, zombie santa.

I happen to prefer Jolly, but that is just me. I know people who prefer creepy santa.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I've heard a rumour that Santa is not real but I don't believe them. Dance

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I checked wolfie and I am told he is real. At least my grandchildren tell me this

Tom

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
What about the tradition in Netherlands, Belgium, and parts of France where Santa carts off the bad children in his bag to Spain? Not everyone has the tradition of the Jolly good guy that we do here in the States. I mean, he was made popular by a marketing company after all. LOL

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ah, Harris, I was just thinking that I hope there are at least a few Krampus sketches in this set!

I like this set and my opinion is that Evil Santa in no way diminishes Jolly Santa. It's just a fun variant (mind you, I'm a horror movie buff, so take that anyway you like Wink)

Anyway, good stuff Tom. Looks like you'll be taking even more of my money this year! Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sad to see that only three images have been released and some people are already writing the set off. Personally, my sketch cards will feature the more traditional Santa because that's what I like. All the artists are going to have their own take on the subject, just as fans will have their own likes and dislikes. I just think that people should refrain from making judgments about products until there's a wider sample shown.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I think its a new twist on an old icon and I'm not offended at all. It's in good fun.

However I do have to say that the Tim Shay sketch of Santa with a handgun looks like it could be an NRA poster, so maybe you want a little less realism there. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
this is a complete surprise for a product
I really like all kinds of Santas
very interested in seeing more

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
Very nice-looking stuff!

I'm all for the creepy Santa, but I am also a near life-long horror fan, so take from that what you will. Big Grin

Beyond my horror fandom, I also just don't mind the twist. And I don't believe the creepy Santa takes away from the traditional/jolly Santa at all.

As it has been pointed out, Santa hasn't always been seen as jolly in other corners of the earth anyway. But personally, I think it's a fun take on something that, in our culture, has been looked upon as a source of merriment.

As also has been pointed out, the subject of evil/creepy Santa has been done in film for a few decades now, so the idea is nothing new.

I think these look great and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Tim Shay Kringle Kards 5x7 skech cards