Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who says buying loose packs from an open box is bad?
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
The Widow looks simply sultry Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Millhouse here went my local FP store in london and bought the last 8 packets of Lost Archives and pulled a John Terry( Christian Shephard) autogrpah card(very limited) and a Dharma patch card DP7 number 240 of 250 witch is found in 144 packets or 6 Boxes not bad for paying £10 or $15.50

from a very happy millhouse Elephant Dance Elephant

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post

Very Nice Batman!!! Drool

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bought 3 or 4 packs of Star Trek Voyager Profiles one time at a card store next to my house and pulled a Jerri Ryan Auto AND the rare #7 insert card!! Big Grin best $10 i ever spent! X-D

Posts: 116 | Location: USA | Registered: January 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Firebird:
bought 3 or 4 packs of Star Trek Voyager Profiles one time at a card store next to my house and pulled a Jerri Ryan Auto AND the rare #7 insert card!! Big Grin best $10 i ever spent! X-D

I think I bought the rest of that box after you...

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I was on another Target run today, picked up one Wacky series 7 pack, pulled a Jay Lynch classic foil autograph, pretty cool!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I was on another Target run today, picked up one Wacky series 7 pack, pulled a Jay Lynch classic foil autograph, pretty cool!

Very Nice pull... Thumb Up

Perhaps you can show us a picture of it.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post

Here is the auto foil sticker, next to it is a regular foil sticker. No stickers, these are on-card autos!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:

Here is the auto foil sticker, next to it is a regular foil sticker. No stickers, these are on-card autos!

Very cool... I have seen those selling for a pretty good amount. Nice one!!! Metal

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, technically it IS a sticker auto... Razz

You've got a nice streak going, keep it up!!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MILLHOUSE:
Millhouse here went my local FP store in london and bought the last 8 packets of Lost Archives and pulled a John Terry( Christian Shephard) autogrpah card(very limited) and a Dharma patch card DP7 number 240 of 250 witch is found in 144 packets or 6 Boxes not bad for paying £10 or $15.50

from a very happy millhouse Elephant Dance Elephant

Awesome pulls on both the auto and the patch! Absolutely gutted myself though, bought some Lost Archives packs from the London FP around the 17th Dec, looks like the pack prices were reduced rather significantly after I got mine! They were charging £2.99 a pack! (I did get an auto, Grant Bowler/'Captain Gault' - was pleased but not sure it justified the pack price)

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lucky you!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
Amazing pull Batman! That has to be one of the best Target pulls ever.

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

Very inpressed by the Iron Man 2 sketch you pulled Batman.

I have a few Iron Man 2 sketches myself but they pale by comparison to that peach.

Congratulations on the other pulls too folks.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
I've had a very, VERY long dry spell of not really pulling anything decent from packs. So today I went to my local shop and bought seven loose packs of Topps WWE Platinum. In the last pack I pulled a Chris Jericho autograph card Cool

It looks like this,

Thanks for reading guys Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Darth Vader Fan,

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Here's a couple of interesting stories.

I needed four common cards from the Skybox Star Trek TNG Season 4 series. I saw 2 packs on eBay, 2 weeks ago, for .99 cents and free shipping. I bid on them and won.
Would you believe upon opening the first pack I got 3 out of the 4 commons I needed plus a special embossed card of Guinan, #S10. And when I opened the second pack it had the 4th card I needed. What are the odds of that. After looking through thousands of cards at Flea Markets and T-Card Shows I find what I need in 2 random packs bought on a whim. Dance

My son started collecting the Topps Star Wars: Rise of the Bounty Hunters series. In his first 3 packs he bought, at Target {isn't it nice for an 8 year old to shop in a retail store and reach into a box and pick out some packs?}, all 3 packs had one of those clear-red bordered-cell cards in them. Not bad for a first timer. Clap

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Great stories, well done to you, that is amazing you got just what you wanted. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I picked up 15 packs of IRON MAN 2 at the local Dollar Tree today. I pulled CC2, CC3, and CC9. Also AH1 and AH9. And finally IMC2, which is the Nick Fury Memorabilia Card.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nevets
posted Hide Post
I picked up four heat sealed blisterpacks of discounted cards (.99 for 3 packs) at suncoast video. They mostly had CCG in the packs but 4 had LOTR Evolutions packs. So I promptly bought them. Three of the blisterpacks had a LOTR CCG pack hiding in the middle, but the last one had a lonely pack of LOTR Chrome. When opened it yielded this gem... 1:865 makes it the rarest pull in the set!!

Posts: 168 | Location: Portland | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
well done, thats a great find. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post