Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Show off your Custom Cards!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show off your Custom Cards!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
I have gotten a couple nice responses to the custom cards. Robert Duncan McNeill sent a nice note back with his card saying he like signing cards for Star Trek and wished that they could have gotten something set up for Chuck, but that he couldn't talk them into it.

When I had Jonathan Franks sign the Gargoyles card I made he took a picture of it first with his phone. He said it was very nice and that he and Marina Sirtis are always getting asked for Gargoyles stuff but that he rarely has anything he likes.

Chris,
If I may ask....
Where do you get these actors' mailing addresses ?
I find it very hard to get them. It's either hit or miss when I do it because they change agents and such or the info on-line isn't current. I hate wasting a card and the stamps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Chris, I LOVE those West Wing cards! I often wished for a West Wing set (indeed, I think I posted about it on Card Talk many moons ago) but knew, in my heart, that iswasn't really a practical idea. Your autograph cards, though, are fantastic!
I'd love to talk to you about your custom cards on the podcast, if you would be interested? If so, please email me off board at the podcast address!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Love too! I will drop you a line...

Message came back as unsendable. Drop me a line on my profile email.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chris Cline,

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is by far my favorite "bad" movie. I will stop and watch it when ever I see it playing on TV.

One of my favorite "bad" movies as well. Great looking cards. Smile

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
INDEED!!!! lol thx

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
quote:
I have gotten a couple nice responses to the custom cards. Robert Duncan McNeill sent a nice note back with his card saying he like signing cards for Star Trek and wished that they could have gotten something set up for Chuck, but that he couldn't talk them into it.

When I had Jonathan Franks sign the Gargoyles card I made he took a picture of it first with his phone. He said it was very nice and that he and Marina Sirtis are always getting asked for Gargoyles stuff but that he rarely has anything he likes.

Chris,
If I may ask....
Where do you get these actors' mailing addresses ?
I find it very hard to get them. It's either hit or miss when I do it because they change agents and such or the info on-line isn't current. I hate wasting a card and the stamps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Fred

I use a site called Startiger. It costs about 2 or 3 bucks a month but it has already really paid for its self just with the ones I have gotten back.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Laura has written a piece for the blog today about custom cards including a brief interview with Chris and she's also spoken with Stephane. You can read it here:

Custom Trading Cards

It's a very interesting piece! Well done Laura.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
If anybody would like to take a commission from me for a set of BURN NOTICE auto cards - e-mail me PLEASE.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
If anybody would like to take a commission from me for a set of BURN NOTICE auto cards - e-mail me PLEASE.

I guy on my other site made these I will email you better shots to get auto'd

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Laura has written a piece for the blog today about custom cards including a brief interview with Chris and she's also spoken with Stephane. You can read it here:

Custom Trading Cards

Good article. I've been trying to find time to do additional custom cards.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:

Custom Trading Cards

Thanks for the nice article Laura and NSU team Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
quote:

Custom Trading Cards

Thanks for the nice article Laura and NSU team Smile

That goes double for me. Thanks Laura!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Stephane & Chris - you are welcome!

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I assume that those making cards for themselves, rather than commissions, intend to eventually get them signed. Are you aiming to get the autos for free by sending them off, or would you pay if an actor was at a convention?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Me, I would love to have them signed, and I'd be even happier if I had the chance and was able to pay to watch them sign in person at conventions. I'm not sure how much luck I would have with TTM autos, being that I live in Australia.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
There are a lot more scifi conventions happening in Australia now, so there is more of an opportunity to get things signed here. I'd prefer to get them signed in person, but it seems a lot of the people I'd want autos from aren't the convention type Frown

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Gang,
I'm heading to Phoenix comic con next weekend, and was curious if any of you guys doing cards are taking commissions? Will Wheaton along with Jon bernthal will be signing stuff. Shatner and other Star Trek peeps as well. If you are, I'd gladly pay for cards you have, they'd have to be shipped this weekend tho. Thanks!
Nick

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cujobyte:
Hey Gang,
I'm heading to Phoenix comic con next weekend, and was curious if any of you guys doing cards are taking commissions? Will Wheaton along with Jon bernthal will be signing stuff. Shatner and other Star Trek peeps as well. If you are, I'd gladly pay for cards you have, they'd have to be shipped this weekend tho. Thanks!
Nick

I would never charge anyone to make up a few cards, I just enjoy making them. However it takes me almost two weeks to get the cards I make printed. I can mock something up for you and email it to you, but you would have to get them printed.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Been a while since I posted anything here- loved the article btw Laura. Smile Here's more from "Dream Warriors":

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and even more:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Haven't done anything else for NOES4 yet, but that'll be my next undertaking...

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tragicend
posted Hide Post
what kind of paper do you print these up on? and how do you size them correctly? i designed some just dont know what to do next. thanks for the help!

and what printer do you use?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tragicend,

Posts: 258 | Location: Homer Glen, IL | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post