Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Show off your Custom Cards!
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Show off your Custom Cards!
 Login/Join
 
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tragicend:
what kind of paper do you print these up on? and how do you size them correctly? i designed some just dont know what to do next. thanks for the help!

and what printer do you use?


I use a website called Artscow to get mine printed. They are blank playing cards which can have pictures done on both sides.

____________________
Ok 1 more pack then I'am done...no really..wait how many are left in that box?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/
 
Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Have become quite addicted to creating these now! Dreamed of being able to create these cards when I was a kid. Thanks to Chris/Laura et al (and everyone) for sharing this awesome info.
 
Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Only learning how to make custom cards. This is one of my first efforts. I'd love if such a card could have ever existed. Luv You

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TC00,
 
Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
Only learning how to make custom cards. This is one of my first efforts. I'd love if such a card could have ever existed. Luv You http://24.media.tumblr.com/tum...5eo1qj13iso1_500.jpg


Wow, that looks really good. I love the picture you used.

____________________
Twitter = L_Inglis_artist
Facebook = LauraInglis7
http://laurainglisillustration.com
 
Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
^Thank you^ Big Grin

I'm currently creating real cards to send off in the hopes of getting them signed.

I'll post the designs when I've sent them and hopefully I'll post again if I get them back (with an autograph!)Cool
 
Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of German cinema and one of my favourite actresses is Johanna Wokalek.

The German writing was 'translated' using Google Translate so it may not be accurate (for those who can read/speak or are German).

Hoping to send it off soon.

 
Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
I'm a big fan of German cinema and one of my favourite actresses is Johanna Wokalek.

The German writing was 'translated' using Google Translate so it may not be accurate (for those who can read/speak or are German).


Great card!!! Thumb Up

Google translations are always... weird... Roll Eyes

I would write:

Johanna Wokalek (geb. 3. März 1975) gehört zu den beliebtesten Schauspielerinnen in Deutschland. Zu ihren bekanntesten Rollen gehören Ilse (Aimée & Jaguar), Gudrun Ensslin (Der Baader Meinhof Komplex) und Johanna von Ingelheim (Die Päpstin). Für Ihre Rolle als Gudrun Ensslin erhielt sie einen Bambi als beste Schauspielerin (2008). Wokalek lebt derzeit in Berlin.

Wavey
 
Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soul-on-Fire:
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
I'm a big fan of German cinema and one of my favourite actresses is Johanna Wokalek.

The German writing was 'translated' using Google Translate so it may not be accurate (for those who can read/speak or are German).


Great card!!! Thumb Up

Google translations are always... weird... Roll Eyes

I would write:

Johanna Wokalek (geb. 3. März 1975) gehört zu den beliebtesten Schauspielerinnen in Deutschland. Zu ihren bekanntesten Rollen gehören Ilse (Aimée & Jaguar), Gudrun Ensslin (Der Baader Meinhof Komplex) und Johanna von Ingelheim (Die Päpstin). Für Ihre Rolle als Gudrun Ensslin erhielt sie einen Bambi als beste Schauspielerin (2008). Wokalek lebt derzeit in Berlin.

Wavey


Wow - thank you for taking the time to correct this Clap Very greatful & Glad you like the card Wave - Helen/TC00.
 
Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
I just came across these John Hughes-themed customs I did a couple of years ago mimicking 80s Topps Baseball designs:






____________________
Ryan Cracknell
http://www.tradercracks.com

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
 
Posts: 1178 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
LOVE the Buellers! The 80's baseball design works perfectly for that movie!

____________________
billylomas1 on Epack

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/
 
Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:

Wow - thank you for taking the time to correct this Clap Very greatful & Glad you like the card Wave - Helen/TC00.


You're welcome! Wavey
 
Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
I just came across these John Hughes-themed customs I did a couple of years ago mimicking 80s Topps Baseball designs:




Ryan those are amazing!!!!! Eek Big Grin

Just 2 of my all time favourite movies, I love the Sam and Jake cards Luv You

Brilliant work Thumb Up
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I really want a "Haven" set. They've done Warehouse 13 and Eureka, why not Haven? Shake Head
So I decided to make my own Smile






And the more of Emily Rose the better, I love her in the Uncharted Series, love that whole game to bits. It's like playing in your own action adventure movie Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juelle Lou,
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
That Haven set is sweet! Clap

Has anyone tried creating promo cards?

I was thinking that Photocards (such as Buffy or N'Sync sets released) might be a cool idea to try too. Not sure how they would be stored though?

Widevision would be cool too except they dont make the pages/storage for them anymore. (Which is one of the reasons why I got rid of the ones of had).

I could go on forever Roll Eyes Oh the hobby.
 
Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
THOSE ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

____________________
Ok 1 more pack then I'am done...no really..wait how many are left in that box?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/
 
Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I agree...great job on the Haven cards
 
Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Those Haven cards look amazing. How did you get that effect with the pictures?
 
Posts: 1228 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
Those Haven cards look amazing. How did you get that effect with the pictures?

A tedious process of layers and masks, it's not hard once you get the hang of it.
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Photoshop?

I'm using photoshop and seeing as I've never really used it before, it takes a bit of getting used to and it does take time Smile
 
Posts: 1228 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
And now for another set I've been working on, and finished over the long weekend.
Deadwood, I've been rewatching it again. That show would have made some fantastic costume cards...









This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juelle Lou,
 
Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28 
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Show off your Custom Cards!

© Non-Sport Update 2013