Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Razor Ink Archives
 Login/Join
 
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clearblue:
it's a fun product to bust.. almost everyone that's opened this product will probably agree.. if you open more than a pack or more than a box, i think the fun factor grows even more.. clearly all boxes cannot be winners and Razor never said there would be more than one of the highend cards.. it's not surprising to me that you haven't heard reports of any of these cards being hit because not everyone posts their findings, brags about their pulls, or sells stuff on eBay. It's hardly scientific to think they're non-existent just because one hasn't come across some of the listed hits. I have a Guillermo Del Toro.. that's quite decent. This isn't directed at anyone, well, maybe the haters of this product.

I guess you can say that unless you opened the number of cases of this **** that I did...No? Well I did and yep I do hate it!
 
Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
They definatley advertised this product like any other non sports lineup.

No different than say when Topps had the sell sheets from Heroes with the sweet looking sketch cards you "might" pull and in reality you got what alot of people would consider bum sketch cards.

As long as they put in at the very least one of each auto they advertised, its all good.

____________________
Stuff For Trade-
https://picasaweb.google.com/103658828018382987910
 
Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I have just got back into collecting after about 10 years of not collecting and this thread amazes me.

Here we have Adam saying no comment to some very important questions aabout these cards and this product.

Then there is proof from someone that some of the high end cards were being listed on ebay and not even inserted into packs and no one seems to care very much?

Wow. Amazing.
 
Posts: 14 | Location: US | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBONG411:
I have just got back into collecting after about 10 years of not collecting and this thread amazes me.

Here we have Adam saying no comment to some very important questions aabout these cards and this product.

Then there is proof from someone that some of the high end cards were being listed on ebay and not even inserted into packs and no one seems to care very much?

Wow. Amazing.


Think about one thing..has every pack been opened?

Unless we were able to verify that every single pack made fot his line up was opened, we would then have to be able to track each and everyone that was opened to verify what was pulled.

Even then, I know of several people that rely on local shows or nothing at all for their purchases because they dont trust people on the internet. So its safe to say that there are packs or boxes being opened at shows by people who wont post results on a message board or post what they dont want for sale on ebay.

Theres no real way to verify wether the top tier cards were or werent inserted.

Even with that logic, I agree that its very shady that someone from the company refuses to answer some very important questions as soon as its discovered what they were doing on ebay.

____________________
Stuff For Trade-
https://picasaweb.google.com/103658828018382987910
 
Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it means anything about cards that were sold off to outfits other than Razor, or if they chose not to include them in their product, but there are large number of case-topper cards showing up in concentrations on eBay. (Of course, those people might have taken advantage of low case prices for series with unfulfillable redemptions.)
 
Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Just got an interesting email, guess all the other non auto stuff is on a new site called <edited> its the same owner as has been on ebay Hux777

In email said they have over 50 pallets of product still to sort thru so look back daily. If your set builder like me its a great site, prices look ok...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,
 
Posts: 16 | Location: modesto | Registered: March 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bufbills98:
Just got an interesting email, guess all the other non auto stuff is on a new site called <edited> its the same owner as has been on ebay Hux777

In email said they have over 50 pallets of product still to sort thru so look back daily. If your set builder like me its a great site, prices look ok...



I get the front page minus the pics of the cards, but none of the other pages are loading for me. Is the site still under construction?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

____________________
I'm a burning effigy of everything I used to be. Robbie Williams
My Sketch Collection
 
Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Its working for me, I just checked it again.
 
Posts: 16 | Location: modesto | Registered: March 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bufbills98:
Its working for me, I just checked it again.


Thanks... It must be my old computer then. I have trouble with certain sites that use newer upgrades of flash or the such. I'll have to check it out at work.

Edited to add...

I just heard from someone else that they weren't able to get the links to work either. Perhaps the site owner should be told that there's something not working for some people?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Redemption,

____________________
I'm a burning effigy of everything I used to be. Robbie Williams
My Sketch Collection
 
Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I couldn't get it to work yesterday, but today it's fine.

____________________
Is beginning to realize that collecting cards is like an itch that never goes away......
 
Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HIM:
quote:
Originally posted by MRBONG411:
I have just got back into collecting after about 10 years of not collecting and this thread amazes me.

Here we have Adam saying no comment to some very important questions aabout these cards and this product.

Then there is proof from someone that some of the high end cards were being listed on ebay and not even inserted into packs and no one seems to care very much?

Wow. Amazing.


Think about one thing..has every pack been opened?

Unless we were able to verify that every single pack made fot his line up was opened, we would then have to be able to track each and everyone that was opened to verify what was pulled.

Even then, I know of several people that rely on local shows or nothing at all for their purchases because they dont trust people on the internet. So its safe to say that there are packs or boxes being opened at shows by people who wont post results on a message board or post what they dont want for sale on ebay.

Theres no real way to verify wether the top tier cards were or werent inserted.

Even with that logic, I agree that its very shady that someone from the company refuses to answer some very important questions as soon as its discovered what they were doing on ebay.


Brian did explain this issue on another forum...basically they bought a ton of autos from Inkworks, and the ones they listed on eBay were extras. They have so many autos that there is rumor that there will be a second wave of Ink Archives to be released. He did end up removing the auctions after the issue was brought up, and he said they would go in the second release should there be one.
 
Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
Originally posted by HIM:

Theres no real way to verify wether the top tier cards were or werent inserted.

Even with that logic, I agree that its very shady that someone from the company refuses to answer some very important questions as soon as its discovered what they were doing on ebay.


Brian did explain this issue on another forum...basically they bought a ton of autos from Inkworks, and the ones they listed on eBay were extras. They have so many autos that there is rumor that there will be a second wave of Ink Archives to be released. He did end up removing the auctions after the issue was brought up, and he said they would go in the second release should there be one.


So let me see if I understand this
Razor bought Inkworks autograph cards,
Released information for slabing and selling cards within boxes and cases.....

Sold individual autograph cards on ebay.

Stopped selling autograph cards on ebay because people found out who was really selling the cards.

Will release a second release of slabed cards within boxes and cases from the cards that were not sold on ebay.

Shady?

You decide.
 
Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Wave
 
Posts: 57 | Location: INDY | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
Originally posted by HIM:

Theres no real way to verify wether the top tier cards were or werent inserted.

Even with that logic, I agree that its very shady that someone from the company refuses to answer some very important questions as soon as its discovered what they were doing on ebay.


Brian did explain this issue on another forum...basically they bought a ton of autos from Inkworks, and the ones they listed on eBay were extras. They have so many autos that there is rumor that there will be a second wave of Ink Archives to be released. He did end up removing the auctions after the issue was brought up, and he said they would go in the second release should there be one.


So let me see if I understand this
Razor bought Inkworks autograph cards,
Released information for slabing and selling cards within boxes and cases.....

Sold individual autograph cards on ebay.

Stopped selling autograph cards on ebay because people found out who was really selling the cards.

Will release a second release of slabed cards within boxes and cases from the cards that were not sold on ebay.

Shady?

You decide.


It would say not...the cards are the company's to do with what they want...if they want to sell them individually go for it...if they want to pack them out go for it...from what I've seen of the breaks they put plenty of great cards into the product.
 
Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Hornetsfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
Originally posted by HIM:

Theres no real way to verify wether the top tier cards were or werent inserted.

Even with that logic, I agree that its very shady that someone from the company refuses to answer some very important questions as soon as its discovered what they were doing on ebay.


Brian did explain this issue on another forum...basically they bought a ton of autos from Inkworks, and the ones they listed on eBay were extras. They have so many autos that there is rumor that there will be a second wave of Ink Archives to be released. He did end up removing the auctions after the issue was brought up, and he said they would go in the second release should there be one.


So let me see if I understand this
Razor bought Inkworks autograph cards,
Released information for slabing and selling cards within boxes and cases.....

Sold individual autograph cards on ebay.

Stopped selling autograph cards on ebay because people found out who was really selling the cards.

Will release a second release of slabed cards within boxes and cases from the cards that were not sold on ebay.

Shady?

You decide.


It would say not...the cards are the company's to do with what they want...if they want to sell them individually go for it...if they want to pack them out go for it...from what I've seen of the breaks they put plenty of great cards into the product.


I can't really comment on the inkworks fiasco, but I do think it's pretty "suspicious" to say the least that Brian G. runs the benchwarmer e-store and the same seller that was selling off the inkworks autos also had several auto'd bikini cards and bikini cards for sale. Hmmm, pretty much it's all a big trading card conspiracy it seems.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hornetsfan,
 
Posts: 268 | Location: LEMON-ville | Registered: November 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The only thing that matters to me is, are the cards in question well designed? Do they feature subjects whose autographs I'd like to acquire? Are they certified authentic? If the answer to these questions are yes, than there is little else to consider.

These Razor releases are a great boon to collectors since cards that once indefinitely sat in a file cabinet will now be placed into the hands of those who want them, one way or another.

If you do not trust the "pack-out" process, just don't buy any of Razor's sealed product (don't worry as it will sell out without you) and instead purchase the singles from the people (and there are many it seems) who buy the product simply to open the packs and immediately sell them you-know-where.
I'm not sure where the "fun" is in that, but I guess it takes all kinds to make this crazy world go 'round.

I just wonder how folks are still able to type with hands wrung so very much over so very little... Razz

____________________
Everywhere around this burg they're running out of verbs, adverbs, and adjectives. Everywhere around this town, they're running out of nouns.
 
Posts: 3145 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
The only thing that matters to me is, are the cards in question well designed? Do they feature subjects whose autographs I'd like to acquire? Are they certified authentic? If the answer to these questions are yes, than there is little else to consider.

These Razor releases are a great boon to collectors since cards that once indefinitely sat in a file cabinet will now be placed into the hands of those who want them, one way or another.

If you do not trust the "pack-out" process, just don't buy any of Razor's sealed product (don't worry as it will sell out without you) and instead purchase the singles from the people (and there are many it seems) who buy the product simply to open the packs and immediately sell them you-know-where.
I'm not sure where the "fun" is in that, but I guess it takes all kinds to make this crazy world go 'round.

I just wonder how folks are still able to type with hands wrung so very much over so very little... Razz

Excellent post! The Razor Ink boxes are giving good value for collectors that don't have a lot of Inkworks' autograph cards. And there are enough of the big hits to justify what went into the advertising.

If anyone is worried about being cheated they just shouldn't buy. Razor now owns the stock, they can release the cards in any form they choose, including direct sales.

I would simply suggest that they should be more upfront about identifying themselves if they go that way again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,
 
Posts: 9635 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just wonder how folks are still able to type with hands wrung so very much over so very little...


And I wonder how folks put honesty below shady sneakiness, then wonder how other people might be upset. Strange world indeed.

Got the feeling that folks that proclaim 'narcs' and 'snitches' as bad, but genuine two-faced jerks as good - are the same folks? Mebbe we oughta give Madoff a party instead? You know, in keeping with our inverse-reality?
 
Posts: 6 | Location: Honolulu, Hawaii | Registered: June 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Andrew H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HawaiianMadmacs:
quote:
I just wonder how folks are still able to type with hands wrung so very much over so very little...


And I wonder how folks put honesty below shady sneakiness, then wonder how other people might be upset. Strange world indeed.

Got the feeling that folks that proclaim 'narcs' and 'snitches' as bad, but genuine two-faced jerks as good - are the same folks? Mebbe we oughta give Madoff a party instead? You know, in keeping with our inverse-reality?


To elaborate on Chuck's point...

Seriously, if I bought out a company - let's say I was Panini and I bought out Donruss and there is a vault full of nonredeemable redemptions and such...

Seeing as though I now own them I can do whatever the heck I want with them. I can open up a new eBay account and sell them quietly, or I can pack them into random boxes in each new case of product as 'bonus hits.' Or...

I could burn them whilst dancing naked around the bonfire singing showtunes.

Up to me, really. Kinda like how it's up to Mr. Gray.

____________________
-Andrew
=-=-=-=-=
Who did the what now? A Journal of Non-Sports Collecting.
http://www.whodidthewhatnow.com
 
Posts: 66 | Location: Lodi, NY | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I'm in the camp that thinks the selling of the Inkworks autos through a separate ebay account prior to the release of Razor archives was at the very least poor judgement and maybe worse. It was enough to convince me not to bother buying the sealed product but I have been having a good time buying singles I like at reduced prices, some only a little lower than they were and some a lot lower and I'm still chasing more but waiting for bargain pricing.

Whatever peoples opinions on Razor's business practices the release is a success, the people opening the product seem generally happy and those of us just buying the autographs outright are definitely happy with the general overall reduction in prices for the autographs.

____________________
"Man muss entweder der Hammer oder der Amboss sein" (you must be the hammer or the anvil)

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)


 
Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  
 


© Non-Sport Update 2013