Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identi-Card Thread
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Several posters suggested we have a thread solely for members to post an image of a card so that others can identify it. This was suggested in the Suggestions & Requests forum. So let's give it a try. Post your card pictures/scans below with anything else you can to help us help you in identifying your cards. Let's try and keep off-topic discussion to a bare minimum in this thread.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This one will probably be pretty easy but I'm at a loss...it's dated 1994 and doesn't mention a manufacturer.

Front

Back

Posts: 1358 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/allender/ladyd1.htm

Krome Productions - Lady Death All Chromium
C-2 Holochrome Bonus card

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Heh - ok guys. Which is it? Evil Ernie 2 or Lady Death All Chromium Smile

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
well, heck, I would have to lean toward Kev because the LD checklist shows no "C" in the number.. Thank out lucky stars that current card companies mark the heck out of their cards so you can tell when where who and how

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
So y'all made me get up and look. It is definatly not Lady Death Chromium (I have that set), and though there is a Clear Chase set, the card pictured isn't in it.

So looks like the Evil Ernie set is the likely winner.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely from the Evil Ernie set. Lady Death was on 2 of the chase cards and Evil Ernie was on the other 3.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two wishes: I wish I had sometime gotten around to filing my chase sets away with the base sets when I got them at different times. But some eBay listings confirm the Evil Ernie clearchrome from the "1995" set. And I need to add the hyphens to the card numbers. I did track down #2 from the LD1 series, and I also confirm that's not the one.

Second wish, that I had been 100% consistent over the years with how I listed artists on the lists because that helps narrow things down (if they don't pull tricks by having the same artist(s) on cards with the same numbers). In this case though, the LD card is credited only to Balent and the EE card to both Balent and Jensen, so I got that one right.

Sigh, so many cards, so little time. (and money) Wink

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Yup, it's the Evil Ernie card. Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I know this is a post card and not a trading card but can anyone give me any info on this.
The back says it was made by Klasik Kards of 43 Abervon Road, London. No date is provided.
I googled Klasik Kards and only got links to Helecopter and UFO cards.

It was sent to me as a Birthday present by Patdata. Many Many thanks mate Thumb Up
Happy Birthday to too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
Two wishes: I wish I had sometime gotten around to filing my chase sets away with the base sets when I got them at different times. But some eBay listings confirm the Evil Ernie clearchrome from the "1995" set. And I need to add the hyphens to the card numbers. I did track down #2 from the LD1 series, and I also confirm that's not the one.

Second wish, that I had been 100% consistent over the years with how I listed artists on the lists because that helps narrow things down (if they don't pull tricks by having the same artist(s) on cards with the same numbers). In this case though, the LD card is credited only to Balent and the EE card to both Balent and Jensen, so I got that one right.

Sigh, so many cards, so little time. (and money) Wink

Jeff,

No worries man. your site is still the single most comprehensive resource for all things card related. And many thanks to all your contributors as well over the years. without you and your contributors - the hobby would be a much more difficult thing to keep track of.

Thanks Jeff Smile

Picture of ferrerstuff
posted Hide Post
I bought this unopened (promo??) pack at a local card show about a month ago. The cards are numbered #U1-U9 with a silver foil "KISS" logo. It's by Cornerstone, dated 1998.

I know it's from one of the KISS sets that were produced by Cornerstone. But there is no listing for it in NSU and no listing for it at House of Checklists. Are these promos? Any information on these cards is appreciated. Thanks.

ferrerstuff

Posts: 111 | Location: S.F./Bay Area | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Wasnt there an unrelease Kiss set from Cornerstone? Series 2 I think? I know there were promos for it, this could be a chase set that was sold off seperately maybe?

are the backs of the cards without makeup? U could stand for "Unmasked"?

Picture of ferrerstuff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mtlhddoc2:
Wasnt there an unrelease Kiss set from Cornerstone? Series 2 I think? I know there were promos for it, this could be a chase set that was sold off seperately maybe?

are the backs of the cards without makeup? U could stand for "Unmasked"?

Cornerstone did release a Series 2, you're thinking of a Series 3 that wasn't issued but did have promos for. NSU states a 9-card boxtopper set for Series 2 but doesn't say how the cards are numbered. The back of the cards form a puzzle. What of? I don't know. Card #U9 doesn't really give a hint of what the puzzle is.

Posts: 111 | Location: S.F./Bay Area | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigfoot67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferrerstuff:
I bought this unopened (promo??) pack at a local card show about a month ago. The cards are numbered #U1-U9 with a silver foil "KISS" logo. It's by Cornerstone, dated 1998.

I know it's from one of the KISS sets that were produced by Cornerstone. But there is no listing for it in NSU and no listing for it at House of Checklists. Are these promos? Any information on these cards is appreciated. Thanks.

ferrerstuff

This is a 9-card Box Topper Subset that was included in the 1998 Cornerstone KISS Boxes. The 1997 Series 1 (1st Printing) Boxes didn't include Box Topper Subsets. I'm not home now to verify if it's from the 1998 Series 1 (2nd Printing) Box or the series 2 Box. NSU lists the value as $7 & $10 respectively. My gut says it's from the Ser. 2 Box though. Smokin'

Posts: 18 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
NSU lists it as the from the 2nd print series.
I do have it opened,and the back puzzle forms a poster for the '96-97 tour at Reunion Arena in Dallas,TX.Orange background.U1-U9

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
OK, I'll borrow this thread since it's not seeing much use these days...

I have this LotR Masterpieces sketch:

Trying to figure out the artist. Any ideas?

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Looks like Matthew Goodmanson.

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Yet another mystery solved.

I hadn't run into any of his before, so it wasn't one I was familiar with.

Thanks for the help!

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post