Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identi-Card Thread
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
You could also email Topps for info.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10463 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A user on Blowout Forums solved it. It's Bernard Chang. I found other signatures of his online and it is indeed a perfect match.

Posts: 5 | Location: Burbank, CA | Registered: July 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone recognize the signature on this card. It was signed at Starfest 1996. Starfest was a long-running annual Comic-Con-type event in Denver.

Posts: 4572 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow. Thank you for that.

I have no idea who signed that, but I figured I'd google to get an artist list from the convention and see if anything stood out. There is very little online about this convention. . . Then I remembered the state of the internet in 1996.

The few sites I did find were gloriously cheeky fan sites -- most fanboying/fangirling because Kate Mulgrew was signing. The few photos of the convention were amazing -- so much simpler. . . Such a different vibe than we have now.

It really took me back. I know it dates me, or whatever, but dang I miss those conventions.

Posts: 5464 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Jess, for posting this image for me. I spent a couple of hours searching for who the artist was but came up empty. I even asked ChatGPT but got the same result. Anyone?

Posts: 1037 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a card that represents a TV show or movie for signing. Eg Adventures of Sinbad was out in 96, lead was Zen Gesner, kind of looks like a Z in the auto, not saying it is but food for thought.

Posts: 163 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post