Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    The Complete Avengers 1963-Present (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Complete Avengers 1963-Present (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
Finally got myself a box here in the UK. Very pleased with my pull.

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
very nice. for some reason, spiderman sketchs seem to be very uncommon, and that is a very well done one. grat's indeed.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
There is a Spidey of mine on Ebay! I did 12 for the set and have only come accross maybe 5 of them. One of which I own which is the only Black Suit Spidey I did for the set Smile

Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
luvs da Spidey Cool

You may trade it to me anytime Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Nice sketch pulls! Thumb Up

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
QUESTION!

Okay - I know where I can buy half a box, but the sketch has already been pulled. It looks like any boxes that have a Stan Lee sketch have TWO sketches in the box. Therefore, I guess there is like a 1:20 chance this box has an extra sketch in it?

Anyone done that math? Is it worth my money in any way to break the rest of this box, or save my money for a full box?

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
save for a full, unless he wants like 20 bucks or something for the other half. i mean, ive only opened like 4 or so boxes, but i never got more then one sketch. the stan lee one might be on a different insertion ratio then the rest , but at most, you probably gonna get a stan lee sketch every other case, if not 1/3 cases. Why risk the money. im sure you have a base set already, and probably a full set of inserts. save the money for guaranteed odds IMO.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:
QUESTION!

Okay - I know where I can buy half a box, but the sketch has already been pulled. It looks like any boxes that have a Stan Lee sketch have TWO sketches in the box. Therefore, I guess there is like a 1:20 chance this box has an extra sketch in it?

Anyone done that math? Is it worth my money in any way to break the rest of this box, or save my money for a full box?

I opened a box that had a Stan Lee sketch and only one regular sketch. So, either I was jiped on a second sketch, or someone is telling you a bunch of hogwash.

Good luck if you buy the remaining packs.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
I think Chris means that 2 sketches are 1 Stan Lee and 1 other. NOT that there'd be 3 sketches (1 Stan Lee and 2 others) in a box - unless it was an archive box *drool* But I could be mistaken.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
QUESTION!

Okay - I know where I can buy half a box, but the sketch has already been pulled. It looks like any boxes that have a Stan Lee sketch have TWO sketches in the box. Therefore, I guess there is like a 1:20 chance this box has an extra sketch in it

Do you mean the sketch that has already been pulled was the Stan Lee sketch?

If so, then go for it as OWN already said, there should be another sketch in there. The Stan Lee Sketch did not replace a regular sketch.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I didn't get too many boxes but one of mine had 2 sketch cards, neither of which was by Stan Lee. I suspect it'd be long odds, though.

Do you know for sure that sketch card pulled was by Stan Lee and not somebody else?

As with all boxes, you have to ask yourself if you're willing (or can afford to) risk the money in the hope there's a second card in there.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
QUESTION!

The Stan Lee was a bonus and did not replace a regular sketch, my box that had a Stan Lee also had a Guy Dorian sketch. If the sketch pulled from the box you mentioned was a Stan Lee then there is another sketch left to be pulled, if it was the regular sketch that was pulled the odds there is a stan Lee left in the unopened packs are very long as it was roughly 1 in 80 boxes to get a Stan Lee (100 sketches and 8000 numbered boxes).

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming when you say the sketch card has been pulled, you mean the colored sketch card and not the Stan Lee card.

There's suppose to be one colored sketch card per box no matter what and IF there's a Stan Lee sketch card in the box it will be in addition to the colored sketch card that's in there. I opened 7 cases and never pulled a Stan lee sketch card.

I would pass unless I was for some odd reason feeling lucky. It would be a veeeery long shot at pulling a Stan Lee card.

Let us know what you decide and if you buy it how it turns out.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Snagged 1 more box on ebay a few weeks back that arrived today

Box #0049 of 8000

Greatest Enemies (1:10)- GE3, GE4, GE6, GE9
Mightiest Heroes (1:20)- MH9, MH12
Legendary Heroes (1:40)- LH2
Sketch- Grant Gould- Crystal (251)

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
Just opened a box I got off ebay - had a nightmare finding one actually, but glad I did.

Box # 677:
LH1
MH6, MH14
GE1, GE5, GE8, GE9
And a sketch (was in the very last pack I opened - was getting worried there for a moment!) - not sure on artist, perhaps someone can help? I think it's She-Hulk.

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Apex_Ninja
posted Hide Post
Definitely a She Hulk card. And my guess of the artist: Matthew Goodmanson.

Posts: 133 | Location: NL | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Goodmanson it is. I have a Wonder Man sketch by him and put a post-it with his name on the toploader.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's She-Hulk by Goodmanson. Nice looking card!! Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys - I love it - good sketch!

Thumb Up

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
My quest for a sketch and character from each artist goes on. I have 28 different characters from 26 artists. Has anyone got a list of characters that were drawn for this set? Help would be most appreciated Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post