Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Find
Notify
Tools
Open That Box 08?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mdelbene:
quote:
Originally posted by QBall:
Tried opening a new discussion thread but keep getting a message saying "You have not been given the permission(s) to access this page." ?

Same thing here.

Error

You have not been given the permission(s) to access this page. You require the following rights to view this page: 'Create New Discussion (This Forum)'. For a full list of permissions you have on this community, please visit your Personal Zone Permissions page.

Go Back | Non-Sport Update's Card Talk

Looks like Harris has it created but the forum is closed for the moment until it gets closer to OTB day I would bet. Then I am known to be wrong from time to time.

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Whoops. That's a technical glitch and I'm looking into now. Back in a few.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
OK, if anyone is ready with a OTB post, try it now.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
OK, if anyone is ready with a OTB post, try it now.

Come-on -- someone, share your OTB results with us so your admin will know the forum is now working correctly and can go to sleep! It's already afternoon in Australia, right? Someone there must have a box, right? Big Grin

Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
I've just got home to find...my OTB day box has not turned up Frown i'm well peeved off - so it's looking like Sunday now, way too late Frown
So i've just bought a box of Transformers movie cards for a total bargain price of £16 to cheer me up.
Shake Head

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoeyUK:
I've just got home to find...my OTB day box has not turned up Frown i'm well peeved off - so it's looking like Sunday now, way too late Frown
So i've just bought a box of Transformers movie cards for a total bargain price of £16 to cheer me up.
Shake Head

Sorry to hear that Joey. I'll be leaving the OTB thread open a little longer this year so if you get something Sunday, you just might still be able to get a post in there.

I'm really enjoying the posts so far. Loves the pictures and the couple of more obscure boxes that have been posted so far.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Looks like everyone that posted had fun and did well this year. I know it took me 3 hours to open and sort my boxes. Of course I keep checking back to see what eveyone else was doing. That might have slowed me down some. Wink

I hope it's alright for me to post this. If not feel free to delete it. I still need a #77 for a Marvel Masterpieces to make a set for my son-in-law. My e-mail address is in my profile. Anyone? Wave

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
I am sad that I missed this! Saturday was the Silent Auction fundraiser for my son's school, and my wife & I were in charge of it. By the time I got home on Saturday night, I was dead tired, and my son was in bed. I have a couple of boxes that I was really looking forward to opening with him. I will probably open them this coming Saturday.

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Report This Post
Picture of tvjunkie1977
posted Hide Post
*sigh* I waited a little too long to order my box, I didn't get it until this afternoon Frown However, I did put it together this evening (Stargate SG-1, season 9)-I was hoping to post it, but I missed the deadline by about 9 hours! oh, well-next year I will do better!

Posts: 18 | Location: Cleveland, OH, USA | Registered: December 10, 2002Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
As I was away this year for OTBD, I only took the one box with me (see OTBD 2008 submissions) to open.

I had built up a collection of about 11 boxes which I planned to open so I guess they'll have to wait until next year AND will continue to grow I suspect!

I'm setting myself a personal challenge for next years OTBD, but I won't tell anyone just yet... Wink

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Report This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Opened a box of Sesame Street cards with my 2- and 4-year olds just before bed. My little girl loved pulling out the cards of each and every pack that I helped start open; while the boy quickly became bored opening packs, but instead concentrated on putting the "number cards" in order from 1 to 20 to show off how well he can count.
Weird thing was that there was a Checklist # 1 listing the first 50 card titles but no Checklist # 2 for the second 50 titles. I kept one full set aside just to remember the day. Might have had two complete sets with exception to that checklist.

Posts: 3 | Location: Chicago | Registered: April 14, 2008Report This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Here's my Robots sketch that I pulled from my OTBD box:

Better late than never! Big Grin

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Nice sketch, Justm.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Nice sketch, Justm.

Thanks Harris. I hope I do as well next year,

posted Hide Post
well a little late in posting this(computer has been playing up and only just got it working )
i opened 2 boxes of tranformers movie cards with the kids(my box had not arrived)
first box gave us a pieceworks,
second box gave us.....
the megan fox autograph i almost fell off my chair when i saw my son pull it from the pack(the 2 boxs cost me $30 australian so $15 each)anyone know the value of the card??
so it was a good day for my son he thought he was so cool for pulling it out.
cya

Posts: 158 | Location: australia | Registered: March 30, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piperprue2002:
well a little late in posting this(computer has been playing up and only just got it working )
i opened 2 boxes of tranformers movie cards with the kids(my box had not arrived)
first box gave us a pieceworks,
second box gave us.....
the megan fox autograph i almost fell off my chair when i saw my son pull it from the pack(the 2 boxs cost me $30 australian so $15 each)anyone know the value of the card??
so it was a good day for my son he thought he was so cool for pulling it out.
cya

Congratulations! Thumb Up

I don't know what the book value is, but I can tell you that one sold on ebay for a heck of a lot more than what you payed for it. Big Grin

US $247.88

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG that much!!
now i dont know what to do, should i keep it or try and sell it??
i will think about it...lol
thanks for letting me know one sold for that much

Posts: 158 | Location: australia | Registered: March 30, 2005Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
time to plan for this years OTBD 20009

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john the hat:
time to plan for this years OTBD 20009

Who decides? I must plan ahead this year!!!

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Report This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Harris decides Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Report This Post