Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    pictures of rarer promos
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pictures of rarer promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's another card almost never seen and yet 1000 of them were printed. It's a David Letterman promo (Pinnacle Brands, Inc., 1995). It's tough just getting an image of it (doesn't come up on Google).

Posts: 4387 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This one is for the longtime collectors who've seen the listing in PCE2008 and have looked for it for years without even knowing what it looked like. They wondered if it actually existed. It's the BSI Comics promo.

No, it's not mine. I was just sent the images of the front and back by a friend who received the images somehow. Todd has it as "source n.k." but we might guess that it was either given out at the stores or a local show. Maybe the artist(s) did a signing there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4387 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted December 01, 2023 04:21 AM Hide Post
Here's another card almost never seen and yet 1000 of them were printed. It's a David Letterman promo (Pinnacle Brands, Inc., 1995). It's tough just getting an image of it (doesn't come up on Google).

This is just too cool !!! I loved watching Dave back in the day. Where was this distributed ? Metal Thumb Up

Posts: 711 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Distribution unknown. I wondered if it was given out at the Ed Sullivan Theater or maybe something Pinnacle gave out at a big show like The National.

quote:
Originally posted by cardscout182:
quote:
posted December 01, 2023 04:21 AM Hide Post

This is just too cool !!! I loved watching Dave back in the day. Where was this distributed ? Metal Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Earlier in this thread, I showed an extremely rare "Easyriders" artist proof gold card by Collect-A-Card (1992). This is a Harley-Davidson Series 1 artist proof gold card (also made with 1 gram of fine gold) by the same company. Like the other artist proof, it is a much rarer variant of the gold card you could get by redeeeming 1 of 1000 certificates inserted in the regular packs.

Each Harley-Davidson artist proof is numbered "0000" on the back also saying "Artist Proof" where it is blank on the chase gold card. I was once told by a dealer that just 4 Harley-Davidson artist proofs were made. I'd heard that no more than 10 of the various Coca-Cola artist proof gold cards by Collect-A-Card were made so maybe the truth is in the middle.

Sellers have tried to get thousands for Collect-A-Card artist proofs with no known actual sales in the past 20 years or so. I know one of the Coca-Cola ones sold for around $500 a couple of times back in the early 2000's. I think one could go for more these days in a well-advertised auction.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see 3 Collect a Card Artist proof gold cards on ebay now, all from the same seller

Posts: 4717 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they've been there for a while. It would be interesting to talk to someone from Collect-A-Card to find out how many of each were made and to whom they were sent. I heard none had a run over 10 and they were given to major distributors and others.

I had a Coca-Cola Series 1 artist proof (Honus Wagner on the front) but sold it maybe 20 years ago. Cool card.

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I see 3 Collect a Card Artist proof gold cards on ebay now, all from the same seller

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a set I hadn't seen before. I have just one of the singles and had seen only one other. It's the 6-card "Martial Arts Masters" promo set (Otomix, 1991). The header looks like a card in the scan and it was in the promo pack but it's just a piece of paper. I included it because the set title isn't on the cards.

I had thought "Fighting Stars" was the set title because that is on the card (#4) I have but it appears to be a subset title within the set as it was planned.

No one seems to know how these cards were distributed. Todd thinks it might have been a regional issue or maybe it was given out at a martial arts event. Otomix is a company that makes footwear, weightlifting apparel, and martial arts gear so maybe the cards were given out at a sports equipment trade show.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are the two #85 prototypes for the Iditarod (Motor Art, 1992) set. The top card is the rarer one. As you can see, there are a number of differences between them but perhaps the main difference between them (as pointed out in PCE2008) is that the rarer variant has an address on the back. The rarer variant also lacks the logo on the front of the easier-to-find prototype.

The easier-to-find prototype was in a 4-card promo pack that was a little more elusive by the early 2000's but you could find it if you wanted it. PCE2008 doesn't say how the rarer one was distributed but someone once told me that it was given out at the race. It's been hard to find over the years but a few have appeared for sale recently.

posted Hide Post
I assume all 4 are the same with the blank middle area after the text?

Does anybody have a picture of the Terminator 2 impel promo variation with the Carolco logo on the back?

Thanks,
David

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Tonyz:
I have 4 rare 1991 Impel T2 Carolco Pictures Promo cards. All purchased from one seller Pr-omo-king on eBay. I'm not sure if anyone has come across many?

It promotes the theatrical release of T2 & not the card set, which i found to be quite strange. Not sure if this was a commonality amongst promo cards?

Edit: I just noticed that Promoking was the OP & this thread began in 2004. Yikes! Smile

https://picclick.com/1991-Term...rd-132347655059.html
[/QUOTE]

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's a good question. Back in the late 90's, I heard that there was a variant with the Carolco logo but I hadn't seen one and I still haven't all these years later. I'd like to see one too.

quote:
Originally posted by dpolis:
I assume all 4 are the same with the blank middle area after the text?

Does anybody have a picture of the Terminator 2 impel promo variation with the Carolco logo on the back?

Thanks,
David

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Tonyz:
I have 4 rare 1991 Impel T2 Carolco Pictures Promo cards. All purchased from one seller Pr-omo-king on eBay. I'm not sure if anyone has come across many?

It promotes the theatrical release of T2 & not the card set, which i found to be quite strange. Not sure if this was a commonality amongst promo cards?

Edit: I just noticed that Promoking was the OP & this thread began in 2004. Yikes! Smile

https://picclick.com/1991-Term...rd-132347655059.html
[/QUOTE]

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are two rare Coin Cards business card promos (Liberty Bell Productions, 1991). Each has the same front as one of the cards in the set it but has a different back with the product logo and contact info for a Liberty Bell Productions representative.

I've never seen one of these for sale online. I just happened to find these locally.