Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 72
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Obituaries
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actress Ann Reinking has died, age 71. Most of her career was in the theater and on Broadway, but she did appear in the movie "Annie," for which Topps did a sticker set.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
this is such a depressing thread. I can't keep away from it. I am not a country music fan but I do like a few Charlie Pride songs. Nice to see a non-white person doing some country stuff.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jeremy Bulloch, aka Boba Fett from "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi" has passed away at 75.

I'm sure he's on a ton of cards. Perhaps someone can please post.

Posts: 4013 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you could.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh, hell, I'll take care of it.

(I have to say, I like his signature)

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh man, not Boba Fett too! What a terrible year.

Posts: 4407 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Country Music singer K.T. Oslin died Dec 21, age 78. She's had Parkinson's disease for a while, and was recently diagnosed with Covid.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Production Designer Peter Lamont has passed away. He worked on many Bond films and won an Oscar for Titanic.

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Dawn Wells, RIP

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It has been announced today that British actress Barbara Shelley has died. She appeared in Hammer Horror films as well as various episodes of the well known series such as the Saint, Danger Man and Avengers. She was known as the First Leading Lady of British Horror.

I have shown below and autograph card and a costume card from the Strictly Ink Hammer card set.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John

Posts: 2122 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actress Tanya Roberts has died. Just to be different I have shown below an image of her in a promo card given out at a Chicago show rather use a autograph card.

regards

John

Posts: 2122 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Oh no!
I thought Barbara Shelley had died some years ago, after her web-page went down. My mistake. How sad.
I have a sort of obsession with the movie THE CAT GIRL, for some strange reason.

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Shocking to hear about Tanya Roberts passing. Up until now, all of the Bond women who died were from the 1960s (Diana Rigg, Claudine Auger, Honor Blackman), not the 70s or 80s, like Ms. Roberts.

Posts: 4013 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Yeah Tanya Roberts was only 65. She was very nice when I met her at the show that promo was promoting. Beastmaster!!

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Shocking to hear about Tanya Roberts passing. Up until now, all of the Bond women who died were from the 1960s (Diana Rigg, Claudine Auger, Honor Blackman), not the 70s or 80s, like Ms. Roberts.

Yeah, but look how many Bond card signers passed away in just the last year alone, including of course Connery. The Bond cards have a long checklist and it will get to the point, like Twilight Zone, when many actors will pass away. Tanya Roberts was out walking her dogs, so that was a shock at her age.

The thing about Barbara Shelley is that even though she was 88, there are reports that her cause of death was COVID-19 and she got it when going for a hospital checkup. Now that's a shame and a kick in the head.

Posts: 10418 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Now TMZ is reporting that Tanya Roberts is actually still alive and NOT dead. Confused

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Apparently she is in the hospital still in a bad way because of an unspecified illness, but not dead. There was a miscommunication between the hospital and her agent, or some rep.

Easier to make these mistakes now than what you would think. Most major city hospitals in COVID high States have restricted visitors and totally refuse patient visitors in some. So you can't see or talk to the patient and have to rely on hospital staff to give you info because even personal MDs aren't following people once admitted. Meanwhile staff is overloaded and a variety of temporary and training personnel are being brought in to fill in shifts. There is a lot of confusion behind the nurse's desk.

I'm close to one of the major NY city run hospitals and if you saw what was really going on there right now, you wouldn't be surprised when they lose somebody. Literally, lose somebody.

I hope Ms. Roberts' return is not just temporary. Lots of luck to her.

Posts: 10418 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And now Tanya Roberts officially has died. Frown

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
And now Tanya Roberts officially has died. Frown

Sorry to hear that. Shake Head

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wiki states that Barbara Shelley survived Covid-19 but sadly died as a result of another infection.

regards

John