Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Superman Returns?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Rumors are that Brandon Routh may be returning for a third time as Superman in a CW tv series, possibly in 2025.

Posts: 4018 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just saw his Superman movie for the first time over the weekend, and was disappointed in it. The visuals were too dark; the whole "world machine/black hole/phantom zone" device and plot made no sense; I like Amy Adams as an actress, but she's no Lois Lane.

Some of the problem may be that the Christopher Reeves version is nearly a perfect movie, and any other version of Superman suffers by comparison. Some movies simply should not be remade.

OTOH, we've been bingeing "Resident Alien" on Netflix, and it is hilarious.

Posts: 2220 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Lois Lane was played by Kate Bosworth in "Superman Returns". Amy Adams was Lois later, for the Zack Snyder movies.

As for following Christopher Reeve in Superman 1 & II, that surely was a tough act to follow. Even Christopher shouldn't have made Superman III or IV.

Posts: 3332 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Right, and Amy Adams was a better Lois Lane. The problem with "Superman Returns" was that the scene in which he saves the plane was great but nothing else was memorable.

Meanwhile, everything about the first Superman was great - writing, casting, acting, special effects. We believed a man could fly. Reeve looked like Superman and he was Clark Kent.

Yeah, 2 was almost as good. 3 and 4 were not good.

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Lois Lane was played by Kate Bosworth in "Superman Returns". Amy Adams was Lois later, for the Zack Snyder movies.

As for following Christopher Reeve in Superman 1 & II, that surely was a tough act to follow. Even Christopher shouldn't have made Superman III or IV.

Posts: 4415 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bill, I think you watched the wrong Superman film. We are talking about the one from 2006, not the Henry Cavill films. Brandon later returned as an older Superman on the CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths mini series.

Posts: 4018 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
D'oh! You are right, I'm thinking of the Cavill version.

The Routh one has issues too, but that's a post for another time.

Posts: 2220 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Superman Returns was just a script re-work of the first Superman with Christopher Reeves. I didn't mind Man of Steel but that was also a re-write of both Superman 1 and 2 with Christopher Reeves. A vast wealth of source material and we gotta keep telling the same story over and over again.

Posts: 4871 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post