Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Thoughts on Secret Invasion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on Secret Invasion
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Thanks to my recently acquired Disney+ subscription, I've been watching the new 'Secret Invasion' series. Two episodes in and a thought has struck me. The storyline is starting to look a lot like the Peter Capaldi Doctor Who 'The Zygon Invasion' two parter from 2015. While I understand that the original 'Secret Invasion' idea appeared in Marvel Comics way back in 2008 and may well have been the basis for the Doctor Who story, I can't help thinking that the new TV series has gone with the Doctor Who approach rather than the comic book storyline. If it ends with a similar 'Osgood' resolution, I wont be at all surprised Big Grin

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Half way through and I am underwhelmed. I remember when the comics were coming out and it was an event. Oh, well,I will see it to the end and can hope it gets better.

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Probably my last thought after watching the finale: Please can I have my six hours back ?! Big Grin Twak

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I generally like the Marvel movies but none of the shows have done much for me except for possibly Loki. I'm sure I will eventually watch this but not in any hurry.

Waiting for Twisted Metal tomorrow. Smokin'

Posts: 4871 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
I generally like the Marvel movies but none of the shows have done much for me except for possibly Loki. I'm sure I will eventually watch this but not in any hurry.

It was very boring. First and last episodes were good, the middle was a snoozefest. It didn't need to be a series.

Posts: 1573 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:

It was very boring. First and last episodes were good, the middle was a snoozefest. It didn't need to be a series.

What was boring Twisted Metal? I thought it was great.

Posts: 4871 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Secret Invasion was boring. I was replying to the topic, didn't mean to quote you.

Twisted Metal is fun!

Posts: 1573 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
As a fan of the original comic book series, all Disney/Marvel did was swipe the title and used the skrulls. Each episode, I keep pushing myself to watch it. I think the term that kept popping up in my few comic book groups is what everyone felt, "Old Man Fury".

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post