Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The New Fantastic Four
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Coming in 2025.

The fourth attempt, after 1994, the 2005/2007 films, and 2015.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movi...e28f490d2620d9&ei=59

Posts: 4013 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
After seeing who got picked for the F4 I have no interest in watching depending on who the villain will be and that casting. I'll wait till FX shows it on tv.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Seriously, is Pedro Pascal the only actor they know? And Vanessa Kirby as Sue Storm? What accent is everybody going use? British for the siblings? Moss-Bachrach will wind up as more a voice actor in this one.

At least Joseph Quinn's GoT autographs will rise again.

Really this casting is like the Fantastic Four goes to Masterpiece Theatre. Its either going to be brilliant or they're all going to look like fools. Supposedly Dr. Doom won't be the villain here, so I'm thinking Daniel Craig or Benedict Cumberbatch are between jobs. Wink

I wouldn't have chosen any of these people.

Posts: 10420 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
At least Joseph Quinn's GoT autographs will rise again.

That's the spirit!!

Posts: 4864 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know why people bash the 2 films from the 2000s. I found them to be entertaining and we have them on DVD.

Posts: 4720 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I don't know why people bash the 2 films from the 2000s. I found them to be entertaining and we have them on DVD.

Bashed by comparison. I liked the first one, I really didn't care for what they did with Silver Surfer in the second. I think most people liked it until Iron Man changed the game the following year.

Posts: 4864 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So now in addition to the Fantastic Four casting that I already found underwhelming, there is word that they have cast a Silver Surfer for "The New Fantastic Four", only it's not quite Silver Surfer. It's Julia Garner as Shalla-Bal. There was a time when I had Silver Surfer comics, but I must have stopped reading them before Shalla-Bal showed up because I didn't know there was a female version of the character. Or is she completely different than a version?

No idea, but the more origin stories they squeeze into this one the less time the individual characters are going to get and it's going to be another 170-minute movie. They still haven't even nailed down the Big Bad yet.

Posts: 10420 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The Surfer from the classic comics is Norrin Radd. Shalla-Bal is his beloved that he was separated from when he became a herald of Galactus. I think Shalla-Bal was the Silver Surfer briefly in an imaginary story (aren't they all?) some years ago, but it's pretty much always been Norrin in the comics. With a casting coup the level of Julia Garner, though, they probably didn't want to waste her in a role as a person just waiting for the hero to come home, so they gave her an upgrade.

Posts: 3330 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Shallal Bal was a Silver Surfer in addition to Norrin Rad in a comic series called Earth X in 2000/2001. I haven't read it so don't know how much she appears in it.

Earth X See cover to issue 12

Posts: 3254 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's the one.
It was like an alternate universe story that didn't affect the continuity of those characters who had regular monthly series.
I have all of those issues because the art is by the great Alex Ross and I didn't miss anything by him back then. I read them so long ago, I can't remember much of the story, but there were sequel series including Universe X & Paradise X.

On that Earth X cover, though, Shalla is hanging on Norrin. I would imagine she'll have her own board in the FF new movie.

Posts: 3330 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post