Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars Galaxy Chrome 2023
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Galaxy Chrome 2023
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Looks like there is a new Star Wars set from Topps that is very unfriendly to collectors. You can order directly from Topps' website for $ 220 a box, with a limit of 2 boxes. But I am told that even 2 boxes won't get you a base set. To make it more frustrating it appears that boxes are not available to anyone except for a handful of major dealers. And there is no retail version. Quite frustrating.

Posts: 4009 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I heard about that set the other day. It sounded cool but Topps is going out of its way to make it too hard to get. Sure, there are diehard collectors and "investors" who'll want in, but 20 years from now, my prediction is it'll be just another super-limited set from the early 21st century that won't be in-demand. You would've been better off buying a box of the 1977 series or maybe even a box of the first couple of Star Wars Galaxy series in the 90's.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Looks like there is a new Star Wars set from Topps that is very unfriendly to collectors. You can order directly from Topps' website for $ 220 a box, with a limit of 2 boxes. But I am told that even 2 boxes won't get you a base set. To make it more frustrating it appears that boxes are not available to anyone except for a handful of major dealers. And there is no retail version. Quite frustrating.

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, very frustrating. Between not being able to purchase boxes, and then learning that 2 boxes at $ 220 each won't make a set... Not good !

Posts: 4009 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
For all you Star Wars card collectors, this is not the old Topps. It's the new Fanatics. Wink

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Even worse...the hits from a box are just numbered refractor parallels in different colors/rarity levels. The sketches are one per case.

I see one website is offering boxes for $199.95 so you can get from that place cheaper than you can get it from Topps?

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Yes, very frustrating. Between not being able to purchase boxes, and then learning that 2 boxes at $ 220 each won't make a set... Not good !

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post