Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Alien Anthology (Upper Deck)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Alien Anthology (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join
 
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Haha! "sticker parade"

Well let's see, who did they miss?

Michael Biehn (in other sets)
Jenette Goldstein (in other sets)
Charles Dance (in other sets)
Paul McGann (The George Lazenby of Dr Who)
Michael Wincott
Brad Dourif (in other sets)
and
Winona Ryder

Maybe this set will use actual photos from the film??

____________________
Just because it's rare doesn't mean it's valuable.
 
Posts: 4926 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I would really like a signed card from Goldstein in character as Vasquez. Not for nothing, but Vasquez was the second best character to Ripley in that film. Goldstein in person looks nothing like her most famous role. Big Grin

But I don't know about that title. I assume Alien Trading Cards is Alien because UD has the license, but maybe its just general aliens. Or if it is just Alien, that's only the first film and they pretty much did all they can do with that. Hurt has passed away and Kotto seems uninterested.

Have to wait and see, but that's what is on the schedule TBA.
 
Posts: 10505 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I assume Alien Trading Cards is Alien because UD has the license, but maybe its just general aliens.


I think I remember reading in the 2017 preview issue of NSU that this set will based only on the first Alien film. I'm not 100% sure but that's what I recall reading.
 
Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I assume Alien Trading Cards is Alien because UD has the license, but maybe its just general aliens.


I think I remember reading in the 2017 preview issue of NSU that this set will based only on the first Alien film. I'm not 100% sure but that's what I recall reading.


Yes that sounds familiar, but there doesn't seem to be enough material there to cover anything new. Hurt could have signed stickers before he died, but he was ill for awhile so I kind of doubt it. For some reason Kotto hasn't touched anything connected with Alien. He doesn't go to the reunion shows and I never seen anything Alien where he joins in.

Relics are out because the movie is 1979, only fake patches and pins are possible. Sketches have been done. Weaver has signed stickers, but I think the photo used was from Aliens, so the earlier Ripley could be used on a new sticker card.

Is that enough reason to produce another Alien set?
 
Posts: 10505 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Another Alien set would be welcome if they made it a movie themed base and insert set, the last set was completely awful.
 
Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
Another Alien set would be welcome if they made it a movie themed base and insert set, the last set was completely awful.


Personally, apart from dodgy likenesses on a few cards, I really liked the all artwork approach used. It made the set feel different/fresh when we've had photo sets for Alien, Alien 3 and Alien Legacy.

The chase sets again used great artwork, the Propaganda cards especially were very imaginative. Signed parallels from the artists is a neat touch too for those who like that sort of thing.

Printing plates for all of the above.

I think the dog tag cards were great (but should have been just for the marines).

Plenty of sketch cards available. I thought overall quality was low, but you could say that about most sets.

And the autograph list wasn't impossibly huge. I was very disappointed people who sign a lot weren't obtained but there were lots of fantastic names/main characters for fans. UD even managed to make a card design that worked well(!) with the stickers and was very 'Alien' in feel.

I wonder if I would have preferred it done in the style that say, Rittenhouse would do, and maybe I would have. That said, a completely different approach from Upper Deck made this one of the most interesting/fun/different sets I've collected in years.

Curious why you thought it was so bad?
 
Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
Another Alien set would be welcome if they made it a movie themed base and insert set, the last set was completely awful.


Personally, apart from dodgy likenesses on a few cards, I really liked the all artwork approach used. It made the set feel different/fresh when we've had photo sets for Alien, Alien 3 and Alien Legacy.

The chase sets again used great artwork, the Propaganda cards especially were very imaginative. Signed parallels from the artists is a neat touch too for those who like that sort of thing.

Printing plates for all of the above.

I think the dog tag cards were great (but should have been just for the marines).

Plenty of sketch cards available. I thought overall quality was low, but you could say that about most sets.

And the autograph list wasn't impossibly huge. I was very disappointed people who sign a lot weren't obtained but there were lots of fantastic names/main characters for fans. UD even managed to make a card design that worked well(!) with the stickers and was very 'Alien' in feel.

I wonder if I would have preferred it done in the style that say, Rittenhouse would do, and maybe I would have. That said, a completely different approach from Upper Deck made this one of the most interesting/fun/different sets I've collected in years.

Curious why you thought it was so bad?




Fair enough if they were the set for you, but I thought they were a bit weak as I was expecting images from the movies,the box was so expensive as well, I'm a fan of movie cards, or going by the 2017 Allen and Ginter set, I'm a movie image dude.
 
Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Alien Anthology (Upper Deck)

© Non-Sport Update 2013