Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New products from Kodo Studios
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New products from Kodo Studios
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
I received a solicitation today for 4 new products from a company called Kodo Studios. 3 are trading card sets and there is one sticker set. Funny thing, I only know one of the properties so any help would be appreciated...

Angry Birds
This one I know...

First is a trading card set with almost no details: $1.99 SRP, 7 cards per pack, 24 packs per box, 12 boxes per case. September Release.

Second is a sticker set, and again there are almost no details... $1.99 SRP, 6 stickers per pack, 50 packs per box, 16 boxes per case. Will have an album with a price of $24.00. Seems Steep to me. October Release

Filly Princess
Not sure if this is a licensed property or one they are trying to establish. There are 80 different Filly Princesses miniatures to collect including 5 rare Magica Filly Princesses with Swarovski Crystals. $1.99 suggested retail. 1 Filly and 3 stickers per box, 24 packs to a box, 4 boxes to a case. Releases August. There is also a Tin being made.

Zombie Zity
This one has me puzzled. A google search brought up nothing solid on Zombie Zity at all. This is a trading card product with 75 Zombie Zity characters to collect, 24 Scratch-n-sniff cards, and 20 Sticker Cards. $1.99 SRP 8 cards per pack(4 regular, 1 sticker card, 1 scratch-n-sniff, 1 foil card, and 1 online code card), 24 packs per box, 12 boxes per case. Releases October.

The first thing that came to mind for me was "Why would anyone want a scratch-n-sniff zombie card."

It's interesting, but does anybody know anything more about the property?

I'm guessing these are primarily retail cards, but I'm being offered them from a Hobby distributor. Might give a box of Angry Birds a try to see what they are like.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
I was trying to find out more about them too. Here's the company's website: http://www.kodostudios.com/index.html

I've seen the Chaotic cards heavy at retail.

The horse ones look like they "inspired" by My Little Pony with an online Bella Sara twist.

Zombies - well, they're zombies and zombies are dominating pop culture right now.

I've been waiting for an angry birds set for some time. Lots of possibilities for a fun set.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Will have an album with a price of $24.00. Seems Steep to me. October Release

$24 for a sticker album!!!!!!!!!! Eek

Posts: 12159 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post