Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs New Series
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs New Series
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the s23 Bridget Wenlock card:

Posts: 4564 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And here's the s23 Devlin Whitehorn card.

Posts: 4564 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zane DeVan
posted Hide Post
These are all great! Thx for the pics. I heard there are 24 cards in this series, going to be very hard to make a set.

Posts: 425 | Location: Littleton, CO. | Registered: April 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
24? That's a lot. So far, the only place I've been finding the s23's is a nearby Cost Plus World Market. The packs are $3.99 there.

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I've been keeping track of these and have a count of 14 S20, 4 S22, and 9 S23.

All of these are still out there now in stores, and there is much repetition, with most names appearing in 2 sets.

I haven't found any S23's here in my town, but I have 5 that I have picked up in trades.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Much to my surprise the local Acme supermarket has these

Posts: 4134 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the s23 Bowman Wright card.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A few days ago, I went to the same Cost Plus World Market I've been going to for these. They had some packs in a different display rack and I noticed they had a different Best Before date (Sept 2025) and they were discounted 55% off. I wondered why that was until I opened a pack. The candy was melted to the point of being misshapen and smeared over the card package. The card inside was clean. I ended up buying four packs and actually pulled four different s23's than I had before - all card packages smeared with chocolate so I cut open the packages and put the cards in sleeves. I'll get pictures up soon but here's the updated checklist of what I have:

Beatrix Bloxam
Daisy Dodderidge
Albus Dumbledore
Godric Gryffindor
Helga Hufflepuff
Beaumont Marjoribanks
Merlin
Paracelsus
Rowena Ravenclaw
Jocunda Sykes
Bridget Wenlock
Devlin Whitehorn
Ignatia Wildsmith
Bowman Wright

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The s23 Daisy Dodderidge:

posted Hide Post
Are any of these actually referenced in the books?

Personally, I like the cards available at the Universal Parks better but they are way too expensive to buy blind!

Posts: 134 | Location: Cardinal Nation | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
A few days ago, I went to the same Cost Plus World Market I've been going to for these. They had some packs in a different display rack and I noticed they had a different Best Before date (Sept 2025) and they were discounted 55% off. I wondered why that was until I opened a pack. The candy was melted to the point of being misshapen and smeared over the card package. The card inside was clean. I ended up buying four packs and actually pulled four different s23's than I had before - all card packages smeared with chocolate so I cut open the packages and put the cards in sleeves. I'll get pictures up soon but here's the updated checklist of what I have:

Beatrix Bloxam
Daisy Dodderidge
Albus Dumbledore
Helga Hufflepuff
Beaumont Marjoribanks
Paracelsus
Rowena Ravenclaw
Jocunda Sykes
Bridget Wenlock
Devlin Whitehorn
Bowman Wright

Do you have any spares from the s23's?

I need a Jocunda Sykes and a Daisy Dodderidge.

I have these spare s23 that you don't have on your list:
Bertie Bott, Gilderoy Lockhart, Goodric Gryffindor, Hengist of Woodcroft,
Herpo the Foul, Ignatia Wildsmith, Merlin, Salazar Slytherin

Thanks!
Greg

Posts: 1359 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Greg,

I can trade those two. I'll try to contact you directly tomorrow.

Incidentally, I was in a Michael's the other day looking for page protectors as I organize some notes. On my way out I spotted a box of these Chocolate Frogs on their big snack rack and the packs had a different "Best Before" date, "Jan 04, 2026." I thought it might belong to a new series do I bought one even though it was priced at $4.99 but it was another s23, Godric Gryffindor. I didn't have that one.

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Geerts:
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

Beatrix Bloxam
Daisy Dodderidge
Albus Dumbledore
Helga Hufflepuff
Beaumont Marjoribanks
Paracelsus
Rowena Ravenclaw
Jocunda Sykes
Bridget Wenlock
Devlin Whitehorn
Bowman Wright

Do you have any spares from the s23's?

I need a Jocunda Sykes and a Daisy Dodderidge.

I have these spare s23 that you don't have on your list:
Bertie Bott, Gilderoy Lockhart, Goodric Gryffindor, Hengist of Woodcroft,
Herpo the Foul, Ignatia Wildsmith, Merlin, Salazar Slytherin

Thanks!
Greg

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Four more s23 cards:

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Five Below finally got some. I picked up some packs. I have these for trade:
S23: MAJORIBANKS,WRIGHT,WENLOCK,HENGST,LOCKHART

I need:
S19: DUMBLEDORE
S23: BLOXAM,DODDERIDGE,GRYFINDOR,SYKES

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stevetrek,

Posts: 908 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Since my July 16 post, the local Cost Plus sold out of those melted/discounted packs and haven't restocked. Last week, I went to the Party City where I found packs with s22 cards before that. The packs are $4.50 there but I bought two, getting two s23 cards - ones I already had. Maybe it's just all just a box of chocolates but are the s22 cards harder to find than the s23's?

posted Hide Post
I found some s23 at World Market recently, hiding near the checkout.

Posts: 134 | Location: Cardinal Nation | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's cool they are still making these.

This has to be one of the longest running sets ever produced.

Posts: 5451 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post