Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs New Series
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter Chocolate Frogs New Series
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Steve... I actually found them at our local Farm and Fleet and they are only $3.49 not $5.00 like other places.

Posts: 1358 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would check Barnes & Noble (in the coffee place area), Party City, World Market (formerly Cost Plus World Market), Books-A-Million, and any mall/local candy store.

Posts: 4406 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
These things drive me crazy. Now there's a series s23 with rounded corners?!

My Five Below has a bunch of these, s20's and s22's mixed. I recently got a new s20 Devlin Whitehorn (creator of the Nimbus Broom Co.) and s22 Ignatia Wildsmith.

Posts: 2914 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I was able to get 2 packs at Party city. I got Herpo The Foul (s22) and Artemisia Lufkin (s20).

Posts: 902 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Another new character from s23, Beatrix Bloxam

Posts: 1358 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, I found a box of the s22 packs. I got a Paracelsus. The odd thing about it is it's a bit miscut - off-angle with clearly uneven borders. All the others I've seen across the various series were well-done.

Posts: 4406 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That happened to me today. I went back to the World Market and bought another pack from what I assume is the same box that had the S22 pack last week but I got an s20 "Merlin" today - already have that one (might have at least 3 now).

quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:

My Five Below has a bunch of these, s20's and s22's mixed. I recently got a new s20 Devlin Whitehorn (creator of the Nimbus Broom Co.) and s22 Ignatia Wildsmith.

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Bought 3 more of these today. Got all 2 new to me s20's. Garrick Ollivander and Albus Dumbledore, which I had as an s18. Then an s22 Herpo the Foul, which was a duplicate. I now have 13 s20's which I began collecting years ago. Anyone else keeping track of these?

Posts: 2914 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Last week, I bought another pack at the same Cost Plus World Market and it might be from the same box that I got the s20 and s22 cards. Is that how they're unloading any unsold s20's, just mixing them in with the packs with the newer cards? I got a character that I never heard of, Beaumont Marjoribanks.

quote:

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Ah, another s20, so now that makes 14. Originally,
the 4 founder of the Houses and Dumbledore were the ones that appeared years ago, and these were also found as s18's. The bulk of the s20's we are pulling are new, so if it's one I don't have, I'm happy.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wasn't clear. That one is an s23. I haven't seen any new s20's.

Also, I noticed that the packs with a "Best before" date of May 17, 2025 are s20's but the last two packs I bought had s23's and the date was May 30, 2025. I have seen more May 15's and May 25's in the box.

quote:
Ah, another s20, so now that makes 14. Originally,
the 4 founder of the Houses and Dumbledore were the ones that appeared years ago, and these were also found as s18's. The bulk of the s20's we are pulling are new, so if it's one I don't have, I'm happy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
From another thread, here's the s20 checklist so far:

Albus Dumbledore
Artemisia Lufkin
Bertie Bott
Daisy Dodderidge
Devlin Whitehorn
Garrick Ollivander
Gilderoy Lockhart
Godric Gryffindor
Helga Hufflepuff
Hengist of Woodcroft
Jocunda Sykes
Merlin
Rowena Ravenclaw
Salazar Slytherin

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
The only one I would add to that list is Beaumont Marjoribanks, which you had found earlier Catskilleagle. So 15 so far.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That Beaumont Majoribanks is an s23. You can see it in the scan.

quote:
The only one I would add to that list is Beaumont Marjoribanks, which you had found earlier Catskilleagle. So 15 so far.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was in a Party City yesterday and saw they had a couple of boxes of the candy. I picked a pack that had a Best Before December 13, 2024 date (a date I hadn't seen so I thought I might get something other than an s20) and I got a Herpo the Foul - s22.

quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:
I was able to get 2 packs at Party city. I got Herpo The Foul (s22) and Artemisia Lufkin (s20).