Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    America at War: WWII and Band of Brothers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

America at War: WWII and Band of Brothers
 Login/Join

posted
On behalf of iCardz I would like to apologize for the delay in the release of the America at War collector cards. We had a few issues that did not allow us to produce the cards in the time frame initially expected. With two such large series of cards (about twice as many cards as a normal series of cards) it took significantly longer than expected to have the cards reviewed for historical accuracy. There have also been some unforeseen production delays. Producing a quality product is of the utmost importance to us. However, the cards are at the printers as we speak and will be ready for shipping by early January. Should anyone have any questions or concerns I can be reached via email at sales@icardz.ca

Once again we apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,

Alastair Grant
iCardz Project Manager

Posts: 15 | Location: Charlottetown | Registered: October 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information Alastair. Thumb Up

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Well, guess I can stop watching for these in today's mail...

Posts: 2914 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Hi Alastair - how are these going? It's early January.

Posts: 2914 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My supplier told me that he heard from iCardz and he expected to ship to me "within a week" (from last Tuesday the 5th). Alastair is probably licking the stamps as we speak ...

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
That's good news Jeff. I have been reading Don Malarky's book (he's one of the signers for this set) and started thinking about these today.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
reagarding America At War Band Of Brothers from icardz.
After weeks and weeks of up and back discussion last thursday the 14th of January I was informed by ALastair at icardz that Friday the 15th was his last day. He is now gone and direct conversations with icardz and the new sales rep Dave, I was informed that none of Alstairs shipping dates given were accurate. The cards are just NOW being shipped a few boxes at a time based on who ordered first. So yet another delay. I also understand quite a few discrpeencies in price quotes from former sales rep. So please sit tight for all you fans waiting for your boxes, I am sure your suppliers wil update you shortlySmile

Posts: 1 | Location: USA | Registered: January 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
As posted elsewhere, I got my box today. These cards were very expensive, and in looking back at my first promo I received for this set, it was originally slated for a Sept 2009 release.

It's too bad Alastair is gone, but the product is being shipped and hopefully collectors will really like these cards.

posted Hide Post
I've been asked to create 20 fully painted chase cards for the re-release of the Band of Brothers set. Completely painted in acrylic, there will be a few scenes, a few objects, and a few people. Below is a sample of what I'll be painting - the cards will be a bit brighter in hand, as acrylics can be tricky to scan. I hope you like them...!

Rabid Horse Art - www.rabidhorse.com

Art Updates - www.rabidhorse.com/artblog

Posts: 390 | Location: East of Montreal, Canada | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This set has been off my radar, good to see there is some great art work being done!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ingrid has been doing great artwork for us since the inception of the America at War series. You can see samples of her A@W work throughout our website at www.AmericaAtWarCards.com.

Posts: 15 | Location: Charlottetown | Registered: October 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post