Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Art & Images (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Art & Images (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Oh, product page has gone up. 5 autographs in every box, more money per box. Why not bring back the premium pack and lower the downpayment expense?

Upping the number of common autographs to try to justify the increasing box price doesn't help, but what difference does it make? Nobody wants to put out a major non-sport license for under a $100 per box anymore and under $200 is rapidly becoming a bargain.

Posts: 10401 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Ciaran Hinds is best new addition so far and Oona Chaplin is finally back. 33 copies of Clarke/Huisman new dual. I would hope she has others with others. Metal autograph cards are new, but only one per case. Funny how RA never got Madden again after his two.

Trivia question, who has signed only one card in GoT so far?

Answer:

George R. R. Martin (Author, Season 2)
D. D. Weiss (Producer, Season 2)
David Benioff (Producer, Season 2)
George Georgiov (Season 3)
Gwyneth Keyworth (Season 6)
Kevin Elden (Complete 2)
Alisdair Simpson Complete 1)
Diana Rigg (Complete 2, Cut)

There are several other people who have done only two cards/styles so far.

Posts: 10401 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
$269 a box!! Eek Yeah, great an extra couple of $10 common autographs(in all likelihood), makes it well worth the box price.(sarcasm employed) lol Big Grin
I never like these 'art' variation cards, it's just photos been put through photoshop. At this point most GoT collectors have nearly every released piece of photography ever created for the show. Roll Eyes
I'll look for some of the new signers like Hinds(though I have his Tomb Raider card), but I'm so done with the rest of it. I still love the show, and made peace with the ending a long time ago, but I can't justify spending that kind of 'lottery' money on a box of junk anymore. And lately RA boxes have been full of filler junk.
That said, I may still throw some money at a box of the next Picard set. Smile

Posts: 423 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
$269 a box!! Eek

I never like these 'art' variation cards, it's just photos been put through photoshop.

Yeah, the autograph card photos they posted are kind of unusual. Some look like they are just hold overs in the old designs, but others look like a new design. Really only the Hinds photo seems more like a sketch.

Don't know what the base cards will be, but earlier Arts and Images products had almost caricatures of the actors, and those I really hated. Photo shopped would be better. Big Grin

At this point I'm only interest in the autographs anyway, but the cost of sealed product has gone beyond the point of my getting multiple boxes now. One thing I've noticed about GoT auctions on eBay is that, after a little time, the cost of the box doesn't actually translate to any premiums on the autograph cards. By that I mean, the same signer is selling in the same price range, whether or not the card itself was released in an $80 box or a $160 box.

People can't tell the product release from looking just at the card and they can't remember the cost of the product anyway. This is the way RA choose to drop the autograph cards in most of its main titles and years later, without a checklist, most buyers couldn't say which release a particular certified signed card came from without looking it up. So now that just reinforces the idea that all common signers should be priced the same, even though the boxes may not be equally priced at all.

So if you pull a common autograph signer from a $269 box, chances are in 6 months that card won't be worth any more to a buyer than the same GoT signer on a card coming from an earlier $75 box. Or at least that's how it seems to me. Now the design may carry more weight with collectors, which is perfectly valid.

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Something I noticed from the set before this, Complete 2, was that even the common signers were a little hard to find on the usual places. And some of those that did surface had badly inflated prices. I think dealers(not sure flippers are still a thing now) were trying to get their money back on the product in any way they could.
There's a few of the new signers from that set I will never get, because they just haven't been in anything before or after, or nothing of note to warrant the price, and then the expensive postage costs, as most of the dealers are in the US, just take the air out of the balloon. Smile

I restrict myself to certain autographs now, I just don't have the space for more, and I had a big trim-down of my GoT autograph collection as I really don't need 4 or 5 of the same signer.
Anyway, I question if anyone is getting a good deal out of boxes priced like that?
(edited to add, obviously RA are getting a deal Big Grin )

Posts: 423 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Don't know what the base cards will be, but earlier Arts and Images products had almost caricatures of the actors, and those I really hated. Photo shopped would be better. Big Grin

There are three of the 99 base cards pictured on the RA web page.

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Curler:
I like the design of the quotable cards that Rittenhouse displayed at the Philly Show last weekend.

Are they different from the previous ones?

Yes, they are different. There were two new autograph card designs in the display case. Both are visible on Rittenhouse's website now.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if RA is signaling a change in the 12 case incentive for this product, or if its just an omission in the wording. Normally the product page calls it the 12 case incentive, which then notes the archive box. This time it's called the 12 case incentive box, and only mentions the exclusive autographs and extra cards, without ever saying "archive box".

Perhaps RA has finally given up on the term "archive box", since it seems like more autographs get left out with each new set, but for the cost of 12 cases here, I think they should throw in everything. Big Grin

I wonder what the asking price on this incentive box will be, or if you still are getting all autographs that are not deemed pack exclusives, which is not actually stated?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
To clarify, is the incentive box on this a 12 case incentive ?

Apparently it comes with an exclusive red foil P1 promo limited to 75

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
To clarify, is the incentive box on this a 12 case incentive ?

Apparently it comes with an exclusive red foil P1 promo limited to 75

There doesn't seem to be a clarification coming because "archive box" is not mentioned on the RA website for this product, just a "12-Case Incentive Box". The only assumption you can draw is that the "12-Case Incentive Box" is the new version of the old archive box that started to exclude as many cards as it had in it.

The release date here remains 12-13-23, but the checklist has not been completed and there are no card images of anything with 5 days to go. Nobody seems to care. There are no recent posts on the RA forum and Card Talk isn't busy either. Autograph cards are still "TBA". The product is sold out, despite being the highest GoT box price so far.

Now there will be 500 cases, so 7,000 boxes, so 30,000 new autograph cards at the minimum, not counting all the other exclusive signed cards. I think many of those other bonus cards and sets might be better than some the repeat autographs, but since we can't see them, we will have to wait. Not really sure how many people are waiting though because the silence is deafening. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This seems to be the new thing. An exclusive foil variant on a promo in the Archive Box.

They did this on Star Trek Strange New Worlds about 2 months ago. I've only seen 5 of the gold variants on the P3 promo surface on ebay. One sold for $200.00, another for $ 99.00. Someone got a great deal on the third one, about $ 50.00.

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The autograph checklist has finally gone up and there was no need for urgency. It won't start any late buying frenzy. Big Grin

There are 168 cards listed, but the number is more if you smooth out the inscriptions from the one signer doing them. New signers besides the already mentioned Ciaran Hinds and David Rintoul, are Bronson Webb as Will and Annette Hannah as Frances. Offhand I have no idea what characters those were, but Hannah is the only signer who has Inscription autograph cards in this product.

All the other card designs are the same ones we all know, except that a few signed Quotable, Metal and Legacy style cards have been added. Besides no other Inscriptions from anyone but Hannah, there are only two dual autograph cards. The big one numbered to 33 is the Clarke/Huisman and the other is Anozie/Roxanne, probably means Roxanne McKee.

There are 4 Headeys, 2 Beans, 1 other Clarke, 1 Christie, 1 Turner and 1 Harington. That's about it for the top tier names and they are all Scarce except for the Extremely Limited Headey.

I hope these boxes are loaded with printing plates, dragonglass, artist cards and parallels to make up some value here because just calling autograph cards Extremely Limited doesn't make your average repeat signers rare or valuable. Just adding more of them doesn't help much either. Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
The autograph checklist has finally gone up and there was no need for urgency. It won't start any late buying frenzy. Big Grin

Another "guess what set I was supposed to be in" list. Hopefully this clears out all of the back inventory for GoT autograph cards. Time to give the title a rest.

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll pick up the three limited new signers, pretend Ciaran Hinds never signed, and leave it at that.

Worthless product.

Posts: 795 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have seen some Archive Boxes appear for sale for 1K and up but no one selling the red foil P1 promo separately.

Posts: 4007 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Have seen some Archive Boxes appear for sale for 1K and up but no one selling the red foil P1 promo separately.

Seriously? I see one bidding at that now, but it's not finished and will go up. An archive box used to make a lot of sense and, if you can really find one at $1,000 which I think would be cheap for this product, that would be a bargain. However, there is a big problem.

No one seems to know what exactly is in the archive box, or the multi-case incentive box as its now being called. I took a look at that auction and the seller doesn't describe any more than the box. Not being deceptive, I can't figure it out from RA's website either.

If the Clarke autograph card, single not dual, was in there, that puts it over $1,000 already. But the Clarke is SCARCE and I'm not sure if that eliminates it. Almost all the best cards are SCARCE, maybe one Headey is an EL, so what are you getting? I don't know.

Also, if you don't have many GoT signatures, an archive box may still be a good way to catch up if its not that expensive. However, if you have been buying every year, every product, the vast majority of these signers will be repeats, so it really doesn't pay without getting those top tier stars who may not even be in there.

I'm not sure if anyone knows where to go with this because I don't see a breakdown of the 12-case incentive (archive?) box by itself, and the autograph checklist doesn't seem to say "pack only cards" like it once did before.

Also did you notice that Bella Ramsey only has the incentive box exclusive listed, even though it looked like she was going to have at least another card on the checklist because her name appeared in the Partial List of Signers too? Seems as though she is out except for the exclusive.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
According to the list on Cardboard connection, I'm assuming this is in the "Incentive" Box - which explains why it is no longer an Archive box.

Game of Thrones Art & Images 12-Case Incentive Box

5 Exclusive Scarce Autographs: Bella Ramsey (Legacy), Ciaran Hinds (Gold), Oona Chaplin (Gold), Lena Headey (Bordered) and Jerome Flynn (Bordered)
1 Printing Plates Set (four 1/1 cards)
1 Artifex Metal Card (#/25)
1 Art & Images Base Set
1 The Saga of Daenerys Targaryen Card Set
1 The Saga of Ned Stark Card Set
1 Art & Images Base Parallel (1/1)

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Oh, so you are getting only 5 signed cards, and Flynn isn't even that hot. Full sets don't generally break the Bank either. Now I can see why this will be shopped for way less than the past archive boxes. Why anyone would go in for 12-cases just to get it is a different question? Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Why does it not list the red foil P1 promo limited to 75 ?

Posts: 4007 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now there will be 500 cases, so 7,000 boxes, so 30,000 new autograph cards at the minimum, not counting all the other exclusive signed cards.

I screwed up my math and still somehow got the same answer. RA said 500 cases and the boxes are out and numbered to 6,000, as it should be. At 5 autograph cards/packs per box, the 30,000 new signed cards are still the correct number. That's just for those marked for the packs though.

What surprised me in hand is that the boxes are about 30% - 35% smaller with a no-frills packing. Haven't seen the inside, but I'm assuming the cutout is gone or seriously reduced. The boxes are as light as can be. I am told that they are very hard to get now. I honestly can't figure out why. I don't know anybody who is still buying GoT blind, but maybe I don't know the right people. Big Grin