Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Art & Images (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Art & Images (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted
Just when you thought you were out, they pull you back in! Big Grin

This set has not been mentioned on the NSU schedule. "House of the Dragon" Season One has been mentioned, but with the show seriously delayed for Season Two, it doesn't look like that will come out this year. So apparently it's back to the mop up of GoT autograph inventory.

"Game of Thrones Art and Images" has been confirmed in the RA forum section without a date. A semi-reliable rumor says it will be out in December. Now the reason why I always believed there was at least one more set in GoT was because we have only seen one dual auto card from Emilia Clarke and she is signing. Harington only did the one with Clarke and the other one with his wife. Dinklage did four duals and a booklet with Turner, but none with Clarke or Harrington. And where is the Christie/Coster-Waldau combo? I shudder to think what awesome actors may be unearthed to provide new signers. Wink

So there is a lot of room for big dual autograph cards to drive a new set, I'm sorry to say. Especially because the Art and Images format is one of my least favorite designs. Maybe that's a good thing and I won't get pulled back in again after all.

Posts: 10408 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Just when you thought you were out, they pull you back in! Big Grin

"Game of Thrones Art and Images" has been confirmed in the RA forum section without a date. A semi-reliable rumor says it will be out in December. Now the reason why I always believed there was at least one more set in GoT was because we have only seen one dual auto card from Emilia Clarke and she is signing. Harington only did the one with Clarke and the other one with his wife. Dinklage did four duals and a booklet with Turner, but none with Clarke or Harrington. And where is the Christie/Coster-Waldau combo? I shudder to think what awesome actors may be unearthed to provide new signers. Wink

So there is a lot of room for big dual autograph cards to drive a new set, I'm sorry to say. Especially because the Art and Images format is one of my least favorite designs. Maybe that's a good thing and I won't get pulled back in again after all.

On the RA Table at the Philly Show - Release Dates "Game of Thrones Art & Images" December 2023

House of Dragons - Mid 2024

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's been on the release schedule on Rittenhouse's site for ages. Looks like it's swapped places with Picard.

Posts: 795 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
It's been on the release schedule on Rittenhouse's site for ages. Looks like it's swapped places with Picard.

I don't know if you are seeing it somewhere else, but "GoT Arts and Images" is not on RA's website "scifihobby.com" and Picard 2 & 3 is posted. The only GoT product still up there is last December's "Game Of Thrones The Complete Series Vol. 2".

Posts: 10408 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't know if you are seeing it somewhere else, but "GoT Arts and Images" is not on RA's website "scifihobby.com" and Picard 2 & 3 is posted. The only GoT product still up there is last December's "Game Of Thrones The Complete Series Vol. 2".

It's on the Release Schedule link at the top of the home page.

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
quote:

It's on the Release Schedule link at the top of the home page.

Learn something new every day. Wink I never checked that box because I thought anything coming out soon was on the main page. The only product mentioned in both places is the just released NCIS box set. I know RA revamped its website, but I could find things easier before. Roll Eyes Thanks.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
There was a lot of Game of Thrones autograph cards in Rittenhouse's display at the Philly Show this past weekend. I took a picture of it. The top 3 rows (out of 5) were GoT. They also had Picard, The Umbrella Academy, and Doctor Who autograph cards in that case.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah I have a feeling that RA's inventory of Game of Thrones autograph cards still runs deep, but I wish they would collect it all together and blow it out all at once. I think it would be beneficial to RA also, since GoT is a tricky title, in some ways not unlike "Lost".

What I mean by that is, how many card collectors are new to collecting the "Lost" cards and how many old "Lost" card collectors are still doing it? The truth is, although it had a lot of viewers, when "Lost" hit its last season and the finale, the bottom fell out of the franchise. The explanations and the ending were so unsatisfactory that very few people ever cared to see the episodes again.

I think, to a somewhat lesser extent, the same thing happened to "Game of Thrones". There are varying degrees of protests from viewers who are still reluctant to admit to it, but now most fans will concede that the show runners butchered the story for just about every major character and pairing of characters. That's why there is still talk of somehow adjusting the ending to create something else. "House of the Dragon" won't do it because that is a separate series.

I liked "Game of Thrones", but I have no intention of watching any of it again because I hated where it wound up and that bothers me. I would like to wrap up the cards too. I've just been trying to keep up with new signers in the last few sets, but by in large they are not even worth the price, unless Cunningham or Pascal ever show up. Many big dual cards are still missing, but even that feels like warmed over repeats when the show leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Well, my mouth anyway. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
I took a picture of it.

Post it!

Posts: 2212 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't watch "Game of Thrones" but it often seems to be a problem writing the end to a popular show. A show can run longer than the writers planned so the ending in mind at the beginning (if there was an ending in mind) becomes no longer logical/possible because of the ways the various storylines developed across seasons beyond intention. Sometimes the ending is clever ("Newhart") or at least satisfying (M*A*S*H) but sometimes it's like "Seinfeld."

Yeah, "Lost" just went on too long. That could have wrapped up in a season or two but it was simply too popular to shut down. I liked how "Life on Mars" was planned for one season and stuck to it.

quote:
Yeah I have a feeling that RA's inventory of Game of Thrones autograph cards still runs deep, but I wish they would collect it all together and blow it out all at once. I think it would be beneficial to RA also, since GoT is a tricky title, in some ways not unlike "Lost".

What I mean by that is, how many card collectors are new to collecting the "Lost" cards and how many old "Lost" card collectors are still doing it? The truth is, although it had a lot of viewers, when "Lost" hit its last season and the finale, the bottom fell out of the franchise. The explanations and the ending were so unsatisfactory that very few people ever cared to see the episodes again.

I think, to a somewhat lesser extent, the same thing happened to "Game of Thrones". There are varying degrees of protests from viewers who are still reluctant to admit to it, but now most fans will concede that the show runners butchered the story for just about every major character and pairing of characters. That's why there is still talk of somehow adjusting the ending to create something else. "House of the Dragon" won't do it because that is a separate series.

I liked "Game of Thrones", but I have no intention of watching any of it again because I hated where it wound up and that bothers me. I would like to wrap up the cards too. I've just been trying to keep up with new signers in the last few sets, but by in large they are not even worth the price, unless Cunningham or Pascal ever show up. Many big dual cards are still missing, but even that feels like warmed over repeats when the show leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Well, my mouth anyway. Big Grin

Posts: 4393 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

I liked how "Life on Mars" was planned for one season and stuck to it.

Life on Mars was 2 seasons followed by Ashes to Ashes which was 3.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

I liked how "Life on Mars" was planned for one season and stuck to it.

Life on Mars was 2 seasons followed by Ashes to Ashes which was 3.

You are both correct. "Life On Mars" started out as a British TV show, which ran for two seasons, or series as you seem to say. However the American adaptation of "Life On Mars" ran for only one season, despite decent reviews. I saw that one and liked it, but it was OK to end too.

Without looking it up, I never saw or heard of "Ashes to Ashes". Funny how TV shows get to be so domestic based, even in the English-speaking markets.

Which brings me to a totally unrelated suggestion for a TV detective show, the French drama/mystery "Astrid" now playing on PBS over here. We have had a couple of shows based upon characters on the autism spectrum, but I think this one is pretty respectful, without being weepy.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I was talking about the American one. I had heard it was an adaptation of a British show and it would be interesting to see that one too.

I had not heard of "Ashes to Ashes" either.

I liked the American version of "The Office" though it ran at least two seasons too long. I saw one episode of the British one and didn't really like it - might need to see a few in order. However, I've seen Ricky Gervais several times on talk shows. He's very sharp and very funny.

Posts: 4393 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I didn't watch "Game of Thrones" but it often seems to be a problem writing the end to a popular show. A show can run longer than the writers planned so the ending in mind at the beginning (if there was an ending in mind) becomes no longer logical/possible because of the ways the various storylines developed across seasons beyond intention. Big Grin
Remember the vast Majority of GOT was based on actual Written books, it was only the last few seasons where, in conjunction with the books Author it was based n the outline of future books

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Remember the vast Majority of GOT was based on actual Written books, it was only the last few seasons where, in conjunction with the books Author it was based on the outline of future books

That's true, but shortly after the series concluded George R. R. Martin started hinting that the two books not yet written would tell a different tale. They are supposed to be "The Winds of Winter" and a final 7th novel. As far as I know he hasn't completed any of it, but if it's not what was filmed, then it's not the same future concept or ending.

So either the "Game of Thrones" producers developed their own ending, just to get the series over with fast, or it was Martin's outlined ideas, but he now realizes that the ending was bad, and he wants to sell more books. It would be wise of him to change the plot to be more of what fans expected to see, given all the complaints and ideas expressed.

That's assuming he ever writes anything again of course. The way he tells it, success gave him writer's block. Roll Eyes

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

I had not heard of "Ashes to Ashes" either.

oh well, if you liked life on mars you are going to love ashes to ashes.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Remember the vast Majority of GOT was based on actual Written books, it was only the last few seasons where, in conjunction with the books Author it was based on the outline of future books

That's true, but shortly after the series concluded George R. R. Martin started hinting that the two books not yet written would tell a different tale. They are supposed to be "The Winds of Winter" and a final 7th novel. As far as I know he hasn't completed any of it, but if it's not what was filmed, then it's not the same future concept or ending.

So either the "Game of Thrones" producers developed their own ending, just to get the series over with fast, or it was Martin's outlined ideas, but he now realizes that the ending was bad, and he wants to sell more books. It would be wise of him to change the plot to be more of what fans expected to see, given all the complaints and ideas expressed.

That's assuming he ever writes anything again of course. The way he tells it, success gave him writer's block. Roll Eyes

To be fair - If the other books are ever written, they would probably need to tell a different tale otherwise everyone has already seen the TV Show!! My point - I believe - still stands that the last couple of seasons were based on an outline of what the books were planned to be and the Author was involved in the production of the show - hell he even signed cards!!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
To be fair - If the other books are ever written, they would probably need to tell a different tale otherwise everyone has already seen the TV Show!! My point - I believe - still stands that the last couple of seasons were based on an outline of what the books were planned to be and the Author was involved in the production of the show - hell he even signed cards!!

Exactly right, Martin has to change the story or why should anyone read his books, but that wasn't the deal. When GoT started he had 5 books done and he was supposed to publish the ending before the series caught up. He got paid for the rights, but then he stopped writing. He had many years to do it, but he said he couldn't because of expectations or mental blockage or too many celebrations. Big Grin

For whatever reason, the series caught up, passed the written story, and the producers got their own screenplays together. However, they were gearing up to do a Star Wars movie that didn't happen, so how much of Martin's outline they followed, if they had one, only those parties know. What I know is that after the "Long Night" episode it all got rushed, characters did 180s, major characters were killed with no fanfare, the choice of King was just dumped in, and all of the character pairings except one, went up in flames. It was totally disappointing and fan fiction had theorized better endings.

Martin signed those cards prior to 2013 because they came out in RA's Season Two product. Both Producers signed cards in the same release. At that time, none of the problems had started yet. When they watched the same series for over 10 years, the viewers deserved better than what they got with "Game of Thrones" and most of the show's main actors even agree with that now.

Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I like the design of the quotable cards that Rittenhouse displayed at the Philly Show last weekend.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curler:
I like the design of the quotable cards that Rittenhouse displayed at the Philly Show last weekend.

Are they different from the previous ones?