Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Art & Images (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Art & Images (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Why does it not list the red foil P1 promo limited to 75 ?

12-Case Incentive Box:
5 'Scarce' Exclusive Autograph Cards: Bella Ramsey (Legacy), Ciaran Hinds (Gold), Oona Chaplin (Gold), Lena Headey (Bordered) and Jerome Flynn (Bordered)
1 set of 4 Base Printing Plates
1 Artifex Metal Card (#'d to 25)
1 Base Sapphire Parallel (#'d 1/1)
1 Base Red Parallel (#'d to 50)
1 Art & Images Base Set (99 Cards)
1 The Saga of Daenerys Targaryen Card Set (86 Cards)
1 The Saga of Ned Stark Card Set (22 Cards)
1 Promo P1 Red Parallel (#'d to 75)
1 The Saga of Ned Stark Rewards Card (Card #23)
1 Set of 3 Map of Westeros Case Topper Cards
2 Regular Promo Cards

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Not that I care about the P1 Red Parallel promo card, but it has got to be turning up some place other than just the 12-Case incentive box too, because the numbers don't add up.

At perfect division, which won't happen, 75 cards times 12 cases would come to 900 cases of product. There were only 500 cases made.

That means only 42 P1s at the most are needed for an incentive box because the math says there should be only 41 or 42 12-case incentive boxes available. So where does the excess go?

Probably the same place as any excess from all those exclusive incentive autograph cards and printing plates. Big Grin

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two of the red foil P1s surfaced on ebay a few days before Christmas by the same seller and sold for about $ 90.00 each.

Looks just like the regular P1 promo, but the logo on the front is in red foil and the backs are numbered out of 75.

Posts: 4006 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A scan of the P1 red foil variant was posted in the Promo section below, for those who are interested. So far I have only seen 3 of them show up on Ebay over the past month.

Posts: 4006 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Unlicensed, homemade Game of Thrones cut signature cards of Emilia Clarke now up on eBay have hit a new low. I couldn't show the pictures here even if I knew how to do it. Big Grin

With all of eBay's rules, this sort of stuff is still apparently allowed. If anyone wants to rely on the "maker" for a guarantee of authenticity on the signature cut having seen the photo selection, that is up to them. Not sure if PSA will slab the cards, but they might. Wink

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Unlicensed, homemade Game of Thrones cut signature cards of Emilia Clarke now up on eBay have hit a new low. I couldn't show the pictures here even if I knew how to do it. Big Grin

With all of eBay's rules, this sort of stuff is still apparently allowed. If anyone wants to rely on the "maker" for a guarantee of authenticity on the signature cut having seen the photo selection, that is up to them. Not sure if PSA will slab the cards, but they might. Wink

As a collector, I’ll say how fortunate I was to have pulled the season 1 Clarke autograph card from the single box of Season 1 that I bought. I wouldn’t pay thousands for her, and I wouldn’t get one of those ugly cut signatures either.

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah as much as I say no way is Clarke worth anywhere near that kind of money because she strikes me as a below average actor, that's not really it, is it?

She played an iconic role, in an iconic series, and its sticking. Her autograph prices on certified GoT cards have not dropped at all. Her Star Wars autograph cards aren't as high, but still generally in the low 4 figures for the lesser ones.

She is not turning into an Alba or Fox, although I could put her on a par with those two, talent wise. The character is better than the actor, much like SMG will always be Buffy, only this is mega times over even that.

Agree with it or not, Clarke is not going away as a force in non-sport cards.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah as much as I say no way is Clarke worth anywhere near that kind of money because she strikes me as a below average actor, that's not really it, is it?

She played an iconic role, in an iconic series, and its sticking. Her autograph prices on certified GoT cards have not dropped at all. Her Star Wars autograph cards aren't as high, but still generally in the low 4 figures for the lesser ones.

She is not turning into an Alba or Fox, although I could put her on a par with those two, talent wise. The character is better than the actor, much like SMG will always be Buffy, only this is mega times over even that.

Agree with it or not, Clarke is not going away as a force in non-sport cards.

I agree with you, except I think Clarke's a better actor than you do. I saw her on stage in The Seagull. She’s got better chops than just Daenerys Targaryen.

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:
I agree with you, except I think Clarke's a better actor than you do. I saw her on stage in The Seagull. She’s got better chops than just Daenerys Targaryen.

I'll take your word for that, because I won't ever see it. Wink Why do they always have to do "The Seagull", "Vanya" or "A Doll's House"? Big Grin

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:

I'll take your word for that, because I won't ever see it. Wink Why do they always have to do "The Seagull", "Vanya" or "A Doll's House"? Big Grin

It's actually quite a risk, and probably why actors like Emilia Clarke tackle them, though she's done other stage work, so that's not her first outing. But, they are well known plays, so immediately an actor's performance will be compared to all of those who did it before. It gives a review comparison straight off and can be a sink or swim scenario...no pun on seagulls. Wink Plus those plays are always guaranteed an audience, regardless of the actors.
If it isn't those plays they do it's Shakespeare, because that's theatre...
I'm sure Clarke doesn't need to work again if she doesn't want to.

I'm not a massive fan of hers, but it was nice to see her and her mother being awarded the MBE medal in the New Year's Honours List for their charity work for raising awareness of brain injuries. The fact Emilia has survived two brain haemorrhages and is willing to talk about it and use if for good, it gets my vote. Do whatever you want girl, sod the naysayers and negative Nellies. Metal

Posts: 423 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
quote:

It's actually quite a risk, and probably why actors like Emilia Clarke tackle them, though she's done other stage work, so that's not her first outing. But, they are well known plays, so immediately an actor's performance will be compared to all of those who did it before. It gives a review comparison straight off and can be a sink or swim scenario...

Quite right, Shakespeare, Ibsen, Chekhov, all rites of passage for stage actors. Who doesn't want to be Hamlet or Nora? It then becomes an academic discussion between theatre actors, regular patrons and theatre critics.

But once you have seen those plays as a viewer, on stage or on film, it becomes a slog to keep seeing them over and over again unless live theatre is your passion. My comment was cheeky, I have seen them all and I know why actors keep coming back. I just don't bother anymore and I'm sure I'm not missed. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
she strikes me as a below average actor

Maybe so, but she's got an above average rear end.

Posts: 2207 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
quote:

It's actually quite a risk, and probably why actors like Emilia Clarke tackle them, though she's done other stage work, so that's not her first outing. But, they are well known plays, so immediately an actor's performance will be compared to all of those who did it before. It gives a review comparison straight off and can be a sink or swim scenario...

Quite right, Shakespeare, Ibsen, Chekhov, all rites of passage for stage actors. Who doesn't want to be Hamlet or Nora? It then becomes an academic discussion between theatre actors, regular patrons and theatre critics.

But once you have seen those plays as a viewer, on stage or on film, it becomes a slog to keep seeing them over and over again unless live theatre is your passion. My comment was cheeky, I have seen them all and I know why actors keep coming back. I just don't bother anymore and I'm sure I'm not missed. Big Grin

A Doll’s House is one of my favorite plays. I could live without Uncle Vanya. But I like The Seagull.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:
A Doll’s House is one of my favorite plays./QUOTE]

Did you catch it on Broadway last year with Chastain? Haven't had her on cards yet either and not that likely to happen.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
quote:
she strikes me as a below average actor

Maybe so, but she's got an above average rear end.

I would agree with that. But I digress.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane:
A Doll’s House is one of my favorite plays./QUOTE]

Did you catch it on Broadway last year with Chastain? Haven't had her on cards yet either and not that likely to happen.

Yes, Jessica Chastain was phenomenal. She’s also lovely to her fans. I also saw Jodie Comer in Prima Facie,(Also lovely to her fans), and I have to say, I think the Tony voters got it right in awarding the Tony to Jodie. There was this weird dance Chastain did; But, Jodie held the stage all on her own for nearly two hours every night, and on Wednesday and Saturday twice a day. The woman had to have been utterly exhausted at the end of the run. I saw quite a few celebs in the audience too when I went to Prima Facie - Brooke Shields, Rosario Dawson, Andrew Scott and a couple of others whose names are on the tip of my tongue.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Guess if Milly Alcock signs it's gonna come out hot now that she is Supergirl.

Posts: 4853 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Guess if Milly Alcock signs it's gonna come out hot now that she is Supergirl.

I was going to say how could RA have missed anybody who appeared in GoT even ever so briefly? I see now that she is in House of the Dragon, which I haven't watched at all. Unlike GoT, which was an immediate must see, I don't think HotD has really taken off yet. The long delay for Season 2 hasn't helped either.

I don't care, I'm not starting it. Had enough with GoT. If I buy any of the HotD cards, it will only be the few individual autographs I might like. No boxes this time around. Most of the early GoT seasons had boxes around $80 and it started going up in later editions. HotD boxes will start at the new RA prices GoT wound up doing. The heck with that. Mad

Probably should make a new thread for those wanting to talk about HotD cards.

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I've stopped throwing my toys out of the pram over GoT a long time ago, much better for the blood pressure, just to make peace with it and act my age and not my shoe size. Wink Big Grin

I watched HotD, but it didn't have much impact with me. Some bits were really good, but it was very insular and VERY repetitive. I thought it had turned into the Call The Midwife: Pseudo-Medieval edition...too many births. We get it...child birth was tough in even the pseudo medieval world, I don't need to see it time and time again! Add in a huge dose of Targaryen incestuousness...*yawn*, and a few angry dragons, and a whole family that produce people with genetically natural white rope hair Eek and that's about it. Big Grin
I'll probably see S2 and have it on in the background. It's definitely not something I'm invested in.
As to cards I'll look for specific actors, but I'd much prefer a Matt Smith Doctor Who card than his HotD card.

Posts: 423 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm a size 7. That sounds about right. Big Grin