Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Game of Thrones Art & Images (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Art & Images (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I just looked on RA's release schedule and they have:
Game of Thrones: Art & Images Series 2 (July 2024)
Eek Series 2???!! How much more GoT guff do they have sitting around? If anything needs a limited pack set instead of the inflated box rubbish they've been releasing the last couple of sets, it's this. Roll Eyes

Posts: 423 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
RA has yet to release a dual autograph card for Clarke/Dinklage and I know they have it. I just know they had to have made that one. Big Grin

But yeah, it's just watering down the card prices for everyone except Clarke and to a lesser degree Harington. I picked up quite a few autograph cards from Art & Images. Much more than I had expected because I didn't go for the boxes. Bean, Headey, Glen, Hill, Bjornsson, Chaplin, all quite affordable on some design. Despite coming from the highest priced GoT boxes, I found those signers and most others to be selling well below their previously priced cards.

Rather curious that I got many of the BINs at a better value than the auctions because some bidders didn't know when to stop, while some other sellers seemed to need quick buys. Maybe that's just how it broke for the cards I wanted or maybe I was just lucky, but to me the increase in supply, although across different sets of varying box prices, seems to still be responding to that old law of supply and demand.

Another series with the same signers is just beyond unnecessary. I don't think I even need bargains anymore. Well, maybe on that Clarke/Dinklage, but that's not happening.

Posts: 10405 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I picked up the new signers. I even found a Hinds in the new Legacy design, at a very reasonable price, even considering the shipping to the UK. I must admit ebay shipping worked a treat and didn't cost that much more than the regular shipping other sellers had, for once, and didn't get an additional customs charge so win-win.
And totally agree on BIN, that's how I got the Hinds, much lower than some of the auctions.

New signers are all I look for now, unless there's a design of a repeat signer I really must have, which hasn't happened yet. I sold off most of my gold signatures, as I've never liked that design, so I tend not to go for signers I already have. Makes my wallet happier. Smile

Posts: 423 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Definitely hate the gold signatures in every RA product. They have the horizontal design and just about every signer leaves a poor thin or fading or uneven autograph. It must be the fault of the pens, ink and black background because it can't be all of them. Not crazy about the Valerian design either, but that's just because I dislike horizontal cards.

I Binned out the Hinds too. I thought it would be too high for me to consider getting it, but as you say, it wasn't unreasonable. The Metal cards are too high on most signers and the inscriptions are mostly not worth the premium above other designs. Duals look nice, but too many of the second signers are unequal to the primary signer and that actually hurts the demand for some dual signings.

From purely an autograph collector's standpoint, I am not unhappy that RA is draining every bit of blood out of this title. It is more options and choices and smart buying is possible. For card collectors looking to complete anything, its daunting, if not outright impossible. For dealers, flippers and investors, GoT individual card prices are dropping even while the cost of product purchase keeps rising.

I have to wonder about the contrary conclusions of that last one, but it is what I have observed in my eBay Arts & Images research and purchases. Series 2 should be more of the same.

Posts: 10405 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:

New signers are all I look for now, unless there's a design of a repeat signer I really must have, which hasn't happened yet. I sold off most of my gold signatures, as I've never liked that design, so I tend not to go for signers I already have. Makes my wallet happier. Smile

Getting into the GoT game late this is all I have done. Simply shop the sea of many releases and get the best deal. Seems like the more sets that come out the cheaper most of it gets. Minus Clarke and Harrington (my least favorite characters) I have pulled together the entire main cast.

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post